Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any Flavor of the Month classes for Antorus?

Any must-have classes for the final bosses of Antorus? The sooner I find out, the more likely I could farm some legendaries by the time we actually get there.

Will probably have to wait until the world-first guilds start releasing more videos though, and the first round of nerfs.

Handy classes:
    First few fights N/A (Garothi, Dogs, Hasabel, High Command, Eonar)
    Imonar:
    Kin'garoth:
    Varimathras:
    Coven of Shivarra: multi-dot classes are helpful but the fight isn't super tightly tuned (shadow, boomkin, aff lock)
    Aggramar: DKs, particularly blood, seem to be quite important. From what I've seen in the first 10 bosses, Aggramar without DKs would probably be the hardest.
    Argus: Dunno yet, I've been hearing good things about Brewmaster though.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-01-05 at 09:58 AM.

Any class that can multi dot. Aff locks, Boomkin, spriest.

Rogues are probably still good cause they can't die, which always seems to come in handy.

Multidotters are good for some fights, Single target is good for some fights, Argus has a little bit of both. Affliction seems to be in a really good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Any must-have classes for the final bosses of Antorus? The sooner I find out, the more likely I could farm some legendaries by the time we actually get there.

Will probably have to wait until the world-first guilds start releasing more videos though, and the first round of nerfs.
    If you're talking boss nerfs, there probably won't be many for a long time, specially if Argus falls before reset.

Not really flavor of the month, but for dps flavor of the expansion is Affliction warlock.

Boomkin and Spriest if you want to dominate on every multidot fight.
    Affliction if you want to be good at everything but not the best except for 1-2 bosses.
    Fury for ST, sub for ST and unkillable god.
    Enhance and WW are also starting to peek into top spots for ST.

Deleted
    For ranged, I would say Affliction by far. Great on adds fight while still being competitive on ST (not like Boomkin and Spriest).
    For melees, i would say enhancement is pretty crazy on ST/low cleave. My wildcard would be WW. Top tier ST, amazing AoE (they are insane in m+).
    For tanks, i would say Blood DK.

There is a reason why in the current mythic race guilds are stacking Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests. Affliction in particular is in a very good spot due to insane self heal, despite not being the absolute best in terms of damage. Makes healing groups with a high number of warlocks much easier.
    Long story short, best damage dealers for Antorus are (IMHO) :
    1. Affliction warlock and Shadow Priest (personally prefer warlocks) for decent damage overall and excellent self sustenance.
    2. Boomkin and MM in their respective niches for pure damage while still being ranged
    3. Fury, Sub and all other ranged classes that can do niche roles and mechanics.
    4. Most other melee classes
    684. SV hunter. Seriously, that is a class I do not want to see in any of my Antorus progression raids, unless he is a god-like player who can outdamage Fury by at least 10%+ AND put this damage where it counts.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-12-10 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    There is a reason why in the current mythic race guilds are stacking Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests. Affliction in particular is in a very good spot due to insane self heal, despite not being the absolute best in terms of damage. Makes healing groups with a high number of warlocks much easier.
    Long story short, best damage dealers for Antorus are (IMHO) :
    1. Affliction warlock and Shadow Priest (personally prefer warlocks) for decent damage overall and excellent self sustenance.
    2. Boomkin and MM in their respective niches for pure damage while still being ranged
    3. Fury, Sub and all other ranged classes that can do niche roles and mechanics.
    4. Most other melee classes
    684. SV hunter. Seriously, that is a class I do not want to see in any of my Antorus progression raids, unless he is a god-like player who can outdamage Fury by at least 10%+ AND put this damage where it counts.
    Whats wraig with survi if he do DPS on par with others in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Whats wraig with survi if he do DPS on par with others in raid?
    Main issue is that SV damage output can not be controlled. If it does the same DPS as the rest of the raid, outside of a lucky coincidence of RNG it does not go to a priority target. It is also extremely easy to f-up if something unexpected happens. The mongoose mechanic is basically a 30sec-1min wet noodle regime, then 10sec ultra damage with 6 consecutive strikes (doing twice-three times the DPS). And you can not really delay spending your resource by a significant margin, because your overall DPS is going to plummet. This means that useful DPS for SV is limited much more than for other classes. So if SV deals the same damage on average as other classes, chances are, some of that damage goes outside of what is needed. Also, SV does not bring anything to the raid that can not be done by other classes or specs that are free from such damage limitations and RNG reliance.
    Of course, this is just my personal opinion. You are free to invite as many SV hunters to your raids as you want. It is not my call to judge. But as someone who mains a hunter I can tell that SV can offer nothing over any of the other 2 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost dk has risen from the avalanch, going from utter shite to respectable melee with just a setbonus change and ilvl upgrade.

Havoc is also doing amazingly, probably the best melee class right now.

But the absolute king of FOTM is enhancement shaman. No question.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-12-10 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Frost dk has risen from the avalanch, going from utter shite to respectable melee with just a setbonus change and ilvl upgrade.

Havoc is also doing amazingly, probably the best melee class right now.

But the absolute king of FOTM is enhancement shaman. No question.
    Wrong. Enhance has terrible AOE, no burst, no self healing, no survivabity. That spec should be king of st (along sin rogues) cause it sucks.

Thats why progress raids rarely take enhancement shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Wrong. Enhance has terrible AOE, no burst, no self healing, no survivabity. That spec should be king of st (along sin rogues) cause it sucks.

You're wrong

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...lty=4&sample=7

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

Fucking what?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95

here are the real logs from content that matters and not 75% HC that no one cares about. And even this is to be taken with a grain of salt. He is talking about progress raids and you link HC?!

You can also view each boss to see what the differences are between AOE and Single Target, and Enchancer is never good.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2017-12-10 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95

here are the real logs from content that matters and not 75% HC that no one cares about. And even this is to be taken with a grain of salt. He is talking about progress raids and you link HC?!

You can also view each boss to see what the differences are between AOE and Single Target, and Enchancer is never good.
    In what world is parsing middle of the pack and being ~8% below the absolute top considered "not good"?

In what world is parsing middle of the pack and being ~8% below the absolute top considered "not good"?
    OP was asking for FotM. Enchancer is not FotM and completely missing on the later bosses, for the reasons already stated in this thread. The first bosses are so "easy" for mythic raiding guilds that it doesn't matter what specc you play when you play it good.

For raid content below mythic bleeding edge you can and should play whatever you want and enjoy. Just try to get the maximum out of your class.

Yah I really shouldn't have listed FotM so much as "what classes are 'needed' for the three hardest bosses in Antorus?"

And again, I probably posted this two weeks too early because Argus isn't even down yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction, Balance, Shadow. Those are your specs
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Yah I really shouldn't have listed FotM so much as "what classes are 'needed' for the three hardest bosses in Antorus?"

And again, I probably posted this two weeks too early because Argus isn't even down yet.
    Should be pretty obvious multidot is good.

Balance has a really good spec for awhile now so just go with that.