Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Shadow priest will still be on top half of all spec in Antorus.
    Based almost entirely on three fights skewing the table. Shadow does stupid amounts of damage on council and terrible DPS on single target.

The solution was not nerfing Shadow on multi-target and single target.

Blizzard must have a dart board to decide buff and nerf damage. Shadow desperately needed a viable AOE, like Shadow Orb, an off shoot of the Mage floating nad...

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard must have a dart board to decide buff and nerf damage. Shadow desperately needed a viable AOE, like Shadow Orb, an off shoot of the Mage floating nad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Based almost entirely on three fights skewing the table. Shadow does stupid amounts of damage on council and terrible DPS on single target.

The solution was not nerfing Shadow on multi-target and single target.
    Have you even tried playing the new changes ? we are pretty much in top every fight in the end of the fight.
    We got loads of mult fights in here can help healers with dispels and what not.
    I dont have 4pc yet just t20 4pc with t21 2pc but banging out dps isnt really a problem atm want to see when i get trinkets and stuff from the new raid + t21 4pc and t20 2pc what the Mindblast dmg is gonna be.
    In sims it seems we are 2nd to shamans but both specs are a bit gimped on the moving part so will see what happens later.
    And now we are even viable for M+ before i never even got a group over 10-15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerloc View Post
    Have you even tried playing the new changes ? we are pretty much in top every fight in the end of the fight.
    You're on top as shadow in single target fights?
    Looking at statistics over at warcraftlogs you're either exclusively raiding with arcane mages or know a secret none of the other shadows know.

I just took a peek at the current standings for what I judge to be "my bracket" over at warcraftlogs - the 2 week range, 75% percentile heroic logs. I bunch together dps on a class basis as by now people should have the legendaries needed to switch to the better spec if performance in a raid encounter is what they are after. If you only look at the "all bosses" result you do not see the problem so I looked at the results from a "per encounter" point of view.

Shadow is top class at ONE encounter, close to top on FOUR encounters, in the middle on ONE encounter, close to bottom on ONE encounter and bottom on FOUR encounters. Having the performance spread like that is to me a clear indication of bad design as we either basically suck or are very very good, almost no "middle of the pack" at all. For the top results we have our strength in spread cleave to lean on and that make us really pull away from classes that do not have that capability. Those encounters have a huge effect on the aggregated "all bosses" view and hides our weaknesses for the other encounters if the tier is looked at from that view.
    The major outliers are shamans with 5 top spots 4 close to top and no bad encounters and after that warlocks that are close or at the top on 7 encounters and only have one encounter where they are near the bottom.

When looking at that data it is difficult to swallow the recent changes that nerf not only the niché where we are strong (long lived spread cleave), but also nerf our weaknesses. The changes also affect all content outside of raids where our strength in long lived spread cleave hardly exist at all. Our weaknesses in especially burst damage and burst AoE damage are very frequent in most content outside of the raid boss-category. In my opinion they have just designed us in a very bad way in when put in correlation to the game content they provide and there are no easy small tweaks they can do to change that - it requires that they let go of parts of the current class fantasy and let us at least tweak our playstyle with talents and traits to have a non-ramping, burst capable way to do competitive damage. As this require hard work - work I do not believe they are willing to do at this stage - I am pretty sure they will not do anything apart from reducing our dot damage and increasing single target ability damage when they change stuff. We will most likely be stuck with the ramp-up damage style (build up insanity, enter void form, build up haste + Mass Hysteria during void form) + with Twist of Fate in the execute phase helping us to catch up a bit.

Links: (not allowed to have real links yet)
    * warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#difficulty=4&boss=2082

Quote Originally Posted by Zerloc View Post
    Nah you are just raiding with terrible players.

Sorry.