Poll: What was the worse addition/change to WOW?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Titanforging: never have I cared less for loot in my time in wow. Getting a new piece of gear feels more like a punishment than reward because 9/10 you get crap stats and it never ends. I miss having BiS you could aim for and when you got it you could move on. Now it's an neverending grind.

I never really liked CRZ. That was the moment the vanilla feeling truly died for me, not before. But cross-realm queueing for BGs and dungeons is a boon imo. The difference is you choose to opt in to the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    WoW is about end-game. End-game is about the loot.
    Titanforging completely ruined the loot.
    Drops used to be fun - now they're "a joke" unless they TF proc.

It just feels so incredibly bad and unrewarding.
    Would have to go with none of the above as they have all added to the game.

Loot used to be " keep killing till 1 of 4 things dropped and if it was your turn, WHEN it dropped then you won"

Now its kill until the one item drops for you under personal loot and hope it titanforges.

The thing that I have against titanforging is not the forging its peoples perception that if it doesn't titanforge its junk when thats blatenanlty not true.

Its another false perception and an unrealistic one at that.

The hardcore people are looking for an end point where with Titanforging, there really isn't one unless you get every single item at the max titanforge cap.

And really only the more hardcore raiders (mentality wise) seem to be bothered by it. Personally I think its great, as I know as long as I run the content there is a chance of an upgrade and thats the point of it.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Titanforge

old warforge (fixed +6 ilvl) was good enough.

Titanforges should be only a thing in m+ dungeons (with a reasonable cap)
    And then the complaint would be that open world and dungeon content become useless a month or two into the expansion. Do you really want the "raid or die" or "where's all the content worth doing" warcries like we had to listen to all of WoD? Why are so many people voting for more of the game's content to be made obsolete?
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-12-10 at 10:50 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

For all the hate that LFR/LFD gets, its surprinsing that its one of the lowest. What happend?

Free epics/lazy mechanics that turn people lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

prune of flavor niche abilities in wod n legion.

Voted warforged/titanforged items.

Very surprised to find it as the majority vote. I thought I was one of the few who hated it, based on the posts I see.

But I could have easily voted for almost everything on that list. Throw transmog in as well. Sure, it's neat to wear what you want and look how you want, but I truly believe it is bad for the game's health.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    For all the hate that LFR/LFD gets, its surprinsing that its one of the lowest. What happend?
    I think people have gotten used to LFD and kind of loves it for leveling new characters. It is a comfort, that does not require that much of a cost.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFD/LFR

followed by talent tree changes

warlords of draenor? literally every spec was pruned to shit and made worse.

i realise it's not a gameplay addition but it destroyed more for me than anything else has.

it's not on the poll so i voted titanforge

warforge +6 was fine, +50? ok blizz sit the fuck down and rethink for a damn minute.

LFR and 4 difficulty per raid would be my guesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who hate hating on LFR have no clue how grateful they should be for it. Before it, it was getting to the point where so few people raided it was becoming not worth the time to develop them. LFR gave them a reason to keep making raids. If it wasn't LFR we would be lucky to get a 5 boss raid once a year at most.
    Aye mate

Cross realm zones in the world imo

The days where i could farm rares on my backwater dead server is long gone so not only am i on a dead server i dont even get the benefits of it anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    This board and it's obsession with negativity >_<
    ^

I second this.

Very few additions/changes made to the game are worthy of being entirely removed, rather than improved upon. And things that keep the game alive, are always a positive in my opinion. CRZ lets me see not only players from my high pop server, but people from all around the region.

It's also hilarious just how many concern themselves with this idea that "players are made lazy by X"... And yet, people keep pursuing, keep grinding, keep doing shit in-game... sitting on their asses IRL...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-11 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Cross realm zones in the world imo

The days where i could farm rares on my backwater dead server is long gone so not only am i on a dead server i dont even get the benefits of it anymore!
    Right? God forbid you have to play with other people in a MULTIPLAYER GAME right? Go play a single player game if you don't want people around.
    Aye mate

Here's my case for "Easy Leveling" being the worst -- people get to max level without ever having to deal with most mechanics or strategy. Everything else falls from there.

Uncapped titanforging, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    People who hate hating on LFR have no clue how grateful they should be for it. Before it, it was getting to the point where so few people raided it was becoming not worth the time to develop them. LFR gave them a reason to keep making raids. If it wasn't LFR we would be lucky to get a 5 boss raid once a year at most.
    Pretty much agree.

Titanforge, I wouldn't mind if it was capped at just 5 ilvls above the base ilvl but gap between base and max titanforge is a bit much for my taste.