Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the abortion that was the last one, people still want to see this?

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm getting the impression we're only seeing - like - half the movie in this trailer.

I mean, what exactly is the plot here? Rescue the Dinos? Who's the main villain here? The island exploding? I mean, we see them diving into the ocean. Isn't that, like, the final big scene given what we know of the plot? o_O

Especially upon seeing those crated dinos, I'm thinking the 2nd half is going to be the relocation process going absolutely wrong. (hoping for a dino-rampage in the city akin to the T-Rex in JP2).
    I Called it! =D

This just came out today...

Following that trailer earlier this week, writer-producer Colin Trevorrow has revealed on social media that despite all appearances, the trailer for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” only shows events from the first hour of the film and doesn’t touch upon anything in the back half of the movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I Called it! =D

This just came out today...
    I mean isn´t that what trailars are for?

Whoever had this shitty idea that a trailer has to show all the turns and secrets of a movie should just die it makes movies so bad.

People aren't actually excited for this movie after the dumpster fire that was JW1, right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    I mean isn´t that what trailars are for?

Whoever had this shitty idea that a trailer has to show all the turns and secrets of a movie should just die it makes movies so bad.
    But how else i know if the movie is good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Source, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Jeff Goldblum's (and everyone else's) reaction to the new Jurassic World 2 trailer:
    Seriously, remember when we used CGI where practical effects wouldn’t work? Nah neither do I... just another CGI disaster movie but this time with Dino’s.

So they built a mult-billion dollar amusement park on an active volcano? Really?

I mean, I’ll still watch it because I fucking love dinosaurs but I am fully embracing the plot to be shit

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So they built a mult-billion dollar amusement park on an active volcano? Really?

I mean, I’ll still watch it because I fucking love dinosaurs but I am fully embracing the plot to be shit
    We always knew they were somewhat active volcanic islands, as the facilities were powered by geothermal energy.

Since Jurassic World was so advanced, it's possible they were able to control the volcano with some sci-fi pressure system, which would have stopped working after the island was abandoned, leading to an eruption.

The books and movies were never particularly clever, but I agree that adding a disaster movie to a monster franchise doesn't seem like a great idea. It could still surprise us, but it's likely they'll spend a lot of time running away from lava, ash and falling rocks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But how else i know if the movie is good ?
    Having friends and ask them looking for a summary or just read what critics write.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Nobody wants dinos on the mainland since they are so big n dangerous n they could have dangerous diseases...an island is a "controlled environment" and the best islands have human habitants so there would only be a limited amount of islands that are undesirable n be big enough to host dinos. Would make sense it would be an island with a volcano on it. Volcanos don't blow up very often so inGen wasn't wrong n what alternatives did they have?

People live near volcanos irl (rich soil) n islands as big as isla Nublar would have a local population n I doubt inGen irl could ever have found a real estate for their project unless they bribed the locals insanely much n the costa rican government too.

Its hard for me to get hyped. I watched Jurassic World in the cinema and it was really hard to get into the human cast, they all lacked the charisma that the original cast had. The dinosaurs were the good parts as to be expected, but it also complete missed the mark of setting up a dangerous environment with the outbreak that made the first movie so great. The dinosaurs were not visible enough and they kept thight numbers like the 3 named raptors around, the T-Rex who only shows up at the end to save the day, and some new dinosaur who managed to escape by the most incompetent idiots who somehow managed to work with these freaking predators. It actually felt more like I was watchign a Transformer movie over Jurassic Park, because of T-Rex coming over as Optimus Prime and the big evil dinosaur as Megatron with all the use of CGI and special effects that the movie was filled with. Even in this trailer its mostly just explosions and quick transitions to destructive parts with cheap one-liners. My thought it also shared with the rest..... how the hell could they build that park on an island with an active volcano?

I'll probably end up watching it anyway but its ahrd to expect anything. The only reason I watch is for the dinosaurs who hardly have any movies these days.

Unless it was declared inactive and maybe, I know this sounds out of the realm of science fiction, but it became... active. Gasp! Shock! Science!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    People aren't actually excited for this movie after the dumpster fire that was JW1, right?
    Well, I loved JW and want to see more. Anecdotal, I know...

this trailer might have been the single worst thing I've ever seen.

hyperbole I know, but I'm not even sure I'm exaggerating too much here.

seriously, Escaping and/or saving dinosaurs on an exploding Island. is Sharknado levels of dumb. except they're spending like 200 million dollars on this.

and i thought JW was bad...

Deleted
    Word around the campfire is that Dr. Alan Grant has been spotted at the set

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/n...gdom-movie-set

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Word around the campfire is that Dr. Alan Grant has been spotted at the set

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/n...gdom-movie-set
    Well, if Malcom, a mathematician, is in that trial-thing in which they aprove the rescue mission, Grant and Sattler, who are actual paleontologists, should be there too.

If Lost World and JP3 are canon in the Jurassic World universe (I don't think it has been confirmed either way), there are other survivors whose opinion would be relevant. The movies may be shit, but the idea of having known characters voicing their opinion many years after each incident is interesting to me. It's better than creating new characters just to support or oppose the mission in that one scene.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-12-13 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    Malcolm might just as well be opposed to the rescue

New director says 2 n 3 are canon

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Malcolm might just as well be opposed to the rescue

New director says 2 n 3 are canon
    By all means, all survivors should oppose. Maybe for different reasons, but none of them should be happy about it.

Deleted
    Scaring the kids again, like the first one...hmm the indoraptor feels a bit like the Alien

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/index.html
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-02-09 at 11:10 PM.