Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You stalked a guy on battlenet, screenshotted it and then posted it to MMO-champ? You need to switch off the computer and go outside more, maybe come back closer to Vanilla launch for the sake of your sanity.
    And amazingly even the stalking didn't prove OP's point.

Someone saying that "Then put your toggle off and you will see old models and textures only" doesn't indicate that the stalked person really want that change, it only proves that the stalked person actually understand how things work - and that such a graphical switch doesn't influence others.
    That different Vanilla purists have different opinions (contrary to OP's claim) is also a fact - just look at the thread about ahead of the curve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes but not that it was the halt of the expansion.

Subjective.

What is good enough as the old models? What stage is that?

Subjective.

Oh...my...god...I know you are banned but when you return, look at this phrase and realize how your thread is. For you could learn something from it.

I am happy you're banned, this'll be a pointless answer but you are on purpose taking things out of context.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as you don't put all of us in that box. I don't want changes either but I'm not going blazing out the door like the OP.
    that depends, how important is the idea of pure classic to your sense of self ?

humans are simple creatures we crave meaning in our lives yet in the 21 century we are now in the nihilist age where not only does society that previously provided meaning in the form of enforced religion and societal roles now not just no longer provide that but is actively set to remove those boundary's, this a double edged sword, on one hand we are no more free than we have ever been since the days of the classical greeks but on the other we need meaning are brains just are not able to comprehend a meaningless exhistance so we search for it and there are many organisation's and causes happily willing to proved, the problem comes that those causes and organisations reward sole loyalty and dedication. lives without any other meaning except one sole cause become consumed by that cause, the cause becomes a part of that persons sense of who they are this leads to any attack on the cause being an attack on the self, a human cannot accept an attack on that which makes them who they are because that is all they are without it they are nothing so they always need to up the anti if they cannot prove there correctness then they must silence the dissent even if it means violence.

look at the world and see it or your self. the core members of groups such as alt-right, feminists, communists, conservatives, religious fundamentalists and pride groups are all very hollow individuals that are defined by there causes. this is just the same thing the same psychology the need for a cause.

it becomes most obvious when that causes is met. just as the communists tore them selves apart in Russia after the revolution breaking up into camps so to does any causes that achieves its primary aim. the question is what camp is gonna be the Stalinist's the winners in this scenario ?
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-12-08 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I’ve seen the argument that some of the catch-up mechanics introduced in later patches (the Dungeon Blue .5 tier and Dire Maul stuff) do take a fair amount of difficulty out of the first few raids. So I doubt it’s just the merchants that would prefer patch progression.
    99% of all classic players doesnt give *** about raiding. Vannila wasnt about raiding. It wasnt even in peoples mind. Raiding isnt what made vannila awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    99% of all classic players doesnt give *** about raiding. Vannila wasnt about raiding. It wasnt even in peoples mind. Raiding isnt what made vannila awesome.
    That's... that's just not true. People gave ****s about raiding in Vanilla. Very much so. It was a hell of a lot more tedious (note that I didn't say difficult) to get into raiding but if you'd asked any non-hardcore PVPislyfe player back then if he wanted to raid, he wanted to raid. He probably couldn't, as he either didn't have the attunement done, or the resist gear, or the consumables farmed, or enough time in general. But he sure as hell wanted to raid. Every single thing you did was to be able to raid, and quite a lot of people just grew disillusioned with the neverending grind (I did not run LBRS over and over on my hunter so that I can brag about all that doomshot I have in Ironforge chat, I farmed it to perform better in raids with that doomshot). The notion that raiding didn't matter is something brand new and false. Everyone and their parents wanted to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That was a valid concern that came up, but at least the classic community prefers gating to the messy patch progression (same for pvp gear).
    You don't speak for the 'classic community'. Again, I'll say it one more time for you since you don't understand. You speak for yourself and no one else. Your opinion matters the same as anyone else that chimes in on this debate and maybe even less if you're not able to post on the official forums and those people are. You just want a shitty 1.12 server where most of the raids get blitzed by people in quest blues and dire maul gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It amazes me people are even still replying to you.
    I'm amazed this thread is still open

- - - Updated - - -

Well I know talking about Vanilla raiding has become much more popular of late because it happened more on PS than it ever did 11-13 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Retailer spotted.
    Wow such an insult! You put me on the same level as Wal-mart now, it must hurt so much.

But please continue to use "retailer" and make a fool of yourself.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The fun part is when classic is released it's also retail, so the term doesn't even make sense.
    Just going to leave this here for giggles.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    No changes. Just progressing from 1.2-1.1.2. Is it that difficult?
    I never got to play that friends & family Alpha, I want it to start right back at the beginning.

This thread is a digital form of pure diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Actually, everything he said is true.

Look at our own Classic Forum here

There are the "purists" that don't want any changes
    There are the people that want class balancing
    There are the people that want modern graphics
    There are the QoL Changes people
    There are the "add the unfinished content" people.
    etc.

The Classic Community is not united.
    No community has been.
    Another thread on how to make pvp great again includes a split on pvp talents, either increasing or decreasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This thread is a digital form of pure diarrhea.
    Diarrhea of the Keyboard is a description I read a long while back, and I think it still fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Doubtful, unless Classic had more casuals than current WoW (which seems highly suspect). Even then I fail to see how that invalidates the point that later patches introduced mechanics that made certain things easier, which should be used as a reasoning for starting at an earlier point in WoW's history and progressing to 1.12 from there.

this whole forum is a cesspool of aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Actually since they'll be using the retail client, using the current models/animations are "free", recreating the old ones will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    That wasn't the point of my post at all. I was just pointing out that there are some Classic WoW people that do want to see some changes to Vanilla.
    Sigh....... I didnt say it was your point...... I said couldn't wait till someone responded to you that people who wanted changes were not classic players and right on schedule someone responded with exactly that to you. Try and read abit more carefully here, everyone isnt your enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. because be old models are not able to use, I have to use WoD model files to re-enable it. It is a harsh programming job.

You don't support me for using old models on live server too.
    It's not. If you do think that it is you should feel shame.

Good riddance honestly, i have no clue why some people feel so attached to old models, it's almost painful to read these "i had this model for 12 years now it's different it's not my character anymore" posts and take them seriously. It almost feels like these players are not serious about it or actually never even had a character for this long. Because any sane person who would play the game for 12-fucking-years would at some point at least think about playing another character, which makes you play a character with a different model, which kinda rules out "i had this model for 12 years" argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Interestigly enough I play live and intend to play only a bit of Classic, mostly treating it as a tourist attraction. I'd like it to be a complete 1:1 port of the old game, whichever version (1.12, earlier, whatever). Any class balancing, or in fact any changes whatsoever, would thus largely destroy it for me - I want a faithfully restored museum piece here.

I also think you're dumb, but there's that.
    the thing is with your museum argument - it doesn't work like that, in museum you have a final product. End version. Which doesn't represent experience. We don't have every single iteration of a painting while it was being made to experience whole spectrum of emotions, it's impossible, it's gone. Same with vanilla-wow experience. It's simply gone, it's sad that some people didn't experience it, but it's impossible to bring it back, and no, private servers are far too different from vanilla wow. All blizzard can do is to try to make an authentic experience, which they apparently do. But again, it won't be vanilla wow, it will be authentic experience. You can't put an MMORPG into a museum, because the game is about progression, not about one certain state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You guys don't know what you want because you don't even know or remember half of the shit that was in vanilla, myself included.

How about masterlooter? Do you want that at the start of vanilla? Because that shit wasn't in during the start of the game. Imagine killing Ragnaros for the first time - you're in a raid with 40 people and every single one of those people is right clicking the boss. Do you trust all 39 of those not to take all the items and leave? Do you trust yourself not to?

Well, it doesn't matter if you do - someone always did it anyway when a good item dropped.
    Ha, like it was any better with master looter in a shitty guild. "huh, filthy trial wants a piece of gear! Not until all officers alts are geared, no one knows if you'll even be invited into a main raid, why even waste our gear"

- - - Updated - - -

It does change everything. I will not be viewed differently by different people.
    You kinda can't change how different people see you, including real life. You will be viewed differently regardless of your character model, because, you know, it's a social game and models don't even mater

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Come on, buddy. VANILLA PLAYERS didn't want this. THATS WHY IT WAS FUCKING CHANGED half way through vanilla.
    Most people who want vanilla back haven't played vanilla, but instead played private servers. That's kinda where the appeal comes from, they didn't had to do with these problems. And don't want to. That's why they want to change stuff. And some of them don't want to change stuff because they fail to realize that it's a shitty feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The second you realize that Wow: Classic and Vanilla are two different things the faster we can so move on.

Blizzard cannot, for sensical reasons like exploits, and will not, for reasons like their reputation, outright release a version of Wow as it was in 2004-7.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you continue to return to this topic (old/new models stuff)? You have already received enough answers to it. Y?

~ Addition
    Oh, I see that this is our too emotional friend from China. Dude, be more restrained, hysterics and personal attacks don't make you right, we have enough weighty arguments without it. No offense.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-12-11 at 08:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not. If you do think that it is you should feel shame.

Good riddance honestly, i have no clue why some people feel so attached to old models, it's almost painful to read these "i had this model for 12 years now it's different it's not my character anymore" posts and take them seriously. It almost feels like these players are not serious about it or actually never even had a character for this long. Because any sane person who would play the game for 12-fucking-years would at some point at least think about playing another character, which makes you play a character with a different model, which kinda rules out "i had this model for 12 years" argument.

- - - Updated - - -

the thing is with your museum argument - it doesn't work like that, in museum you have a final product. End version. Which doesn't represent experience. We don't have every single iteration of a painting while it was being made to experience whole spectrum of emotions, it's impossible, it's gone. Same with vanilla-wow experience. It's simply gone, it's sad that some people didn't experience it, but it's impossible to bring it back, and no, private servers are far too different from vanilla wow. All blizzard can do is to try to make an authentic experience, which they apparently do. But again, it won't be vanilla wow, it will be authentic experience. You can't put an MMORPG into a museum, because the game is about progression, not about one certain state.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, like it was any better with master looter in a shitty guild. "huh, filthy trial wants a piece of gear! Not until all officers alts are geared, no one knows if you'll even be invited into a main raid, why even waste our gear"

- - - Updated - - -

You kinda can't change how different people see you, including real life. You will be viewed differently regardless of your character model, because, you know, it's a social game and models don't even mater

- - - Updated - - -

Most people who want vanilla back haven't played vanilla, but instead played private servers. That's kinda where the appeal comes from, they didn't had to do with these problems. And don't want to. That's why they want to change stuff. And some of them don't want to change stuff because they fail to realize that it's a shitty feature.
    Shit I -played- Vanilla and would want shit changed.

Between abysmal quality control, horrific bugs getting into production and the just plain unbalanced nature of MMOs of the time, Vanilla would be a failure of a game if it was launched in any realm of modern gaming. It is completely unrealistic for people to expect Blizzard to 1to1 their childhood experiences while people have jobs, life and other shit to deal with. You don't pay Blizzard enough money for that.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.