Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    And thankfully people like you will never get high elves.
    Lol it's pretty fucked up you take joy on such a thought. Who hurt you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Lol it's pretty fucked up you take joy on such a thought. Who hurt you?
    Think it's just a case of schadenfreude
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    Think it's just a case of schadenfreude
    Probably? IDK, personally I reserve my schadenfreude for people I dislike for an specific reason. Wanting something I do not is a very petty and weak one I'd say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Speaking of void elves, I just want to commend that art team on them. I was looking at them in the modelviewer and I though it was really cool how, in some hair colors, they have patches of hair with traces of blond and brown color, as if to demonstrate what happened and that they were indeed transformed from a previous appearance. Go through the male hairstyles with color "1" and you'll see what I'm talking about (I hope).
    It's such a small detail but I love it.
    also the face i chose had noticable crows feet. there is a nightborne face that looks older if not wrinkled. i'd guess human equivalent middle aged.

I think the only races that could really look 'old' before were humans, dwarves, and gnomes

- - - Updated - - -

Probably? IDK, personally I reserve my schadenfreude for people I dislike for an specific reason. Wanting something I do not is a very petty and weak one I'd say?
    I mean i'd say getting frustrated that 'the only elves i can play have green eyes and not BLUE" is a bit petty so...whos to judge
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

I mean i'd say getting frustrated that 'the only elves i can play have green eyes and not BLUE" is a bit petty so...whos to judge
    Well, that appraisement of the whole reason people want high elves shows how really you care/know. So I think I'm gonna go ahead and dismiss your opinion ;D

It's rather fascinating that the thread is already solidly back to its default idle mode that consists of talk about subraces (only now that's called allied races).

It's also rather fascinating that these allied races - which are one of the smallest features you can think of from how they are doing them (no big quest lines, no associated zones, etc) - managed to win one of the polls for the most awaited feature of BFA. (!)

Both of the things above are a perfect illustration of just how little BFA contains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's rather fascinating that the thread is already solidly back to its default idle mode that consists of talk about subraces (only now that's called allied races).

It's also rather fascinating that these allied races - which are one of the smallest features you can think of from how they are doing them (no big quest lines, no associated zones, etc) - managed to win one of the polls for the most awaited feature of BFA. (!)

Both of the things above are a perfect illustration of just how little BFA contains.
    Do you really get a hard-on posting negative garbage every day? I've been on these forums since MoP and you really haven't posted a positive thing since then. Not sure why you are doing this? What does it accomplish?
    Just stop playing and stop reading about it and move on to another game if nothing they do is good enough for you.

People are exited about allied races because its been something I and maybe others wanted for a long time. Whats the harm in people discussing it?

careful, if you reach any harder you might strain yourself.

playable races are the biggest feature in any game and we've literally spent a good dozen pages arguing literally every single fact that we know about the expansion

I'd say i 'cant believe" that one such as you would blatantly ignore the last month and 1000 pages of back and forth as a cheap tactic to try to insult the developers but you Fun-Suckers have been doing this for years.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

If Transmog hadn't been pulled forward to a release in 4.3, it would've been a "side feature" of MoP, that many would have called their favorite feature. But that wouldn't have meant that MoP was a bad or lackluster expansion.

Allied Races are obviously going to be a very popular feature, especially considering the comparatively little technical effort required on Blizzard's side, but that says nothing about the rest of BfA.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The High Elf fanbase is pretty annoying and persistent in their desire to have more boring versions of Blood Elves with blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    People are exited about allied races because its been something I and maybe others wanted for a long time. Whats the harm in people discussing it?
    You reacted to the tone of the post again and missed the point.

The point is:

1. Allied races, as they are doing them, take very little effort to do. As a result, the feature is as shallow as it can get, it is just a player getting a new model after token gameplay. There is no gameplay added, there are no interesting decisions, there is nothing.

2. Blizzard did allied races BECAUSE the allied races are easy to do. If the allied races were difficult to do, the thread would likely still be in the "I wish they did them" mode instead of "woohoo, we are getting some" mode.

3. Despite the allied races being a very shallow little-effort feature, they are attracting most of the talk about BFA. So, why is that? Eh? Because BFA just contains little worth talking about.

That was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    playable races are the biggest feature in any game and we've literally spent a good dozen pages arguing literally every single fact that we know about the expansion
    They aren't a big feature at all. This thread spending countless pages on it always was just this thread going nuts. And the poll that I mention voting for allied races as the #1 feature is exactly what I say - a prima facie evidence of BFA containing just very little worth talking about.

rda weren't you just days ago complaining about how you felt it was unfair a lot of achievement points were taken from you. Now you're here trivializing what other people care about?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If Transmog hadn't been pulled forward to a release in 4.3, it would've been a "side feature" of MoP, that many would have called their favorite feature. But that wouldn't have meant that MoP was a bad or lackluster expansion.

Allied Races are obviously going to be a very popular feature, especially considering the comparatively little technical effort required on Blizzard's side, but that says nothing about the rest of BfA.
    Transmog is significantly more than the allied races both in terms of effort an in terms of gameplay impact. Just in case.

Transmog is significantly more than the allied races both in terms of effort an in terms of gameplay impact. Just in case.
    Four new races possibly added before Battle for Azeroth.

One of them a new mesh altogether (male and female) and three of them sharing base meshes with existing races, but having their own story, culture, mounts, great transmog armor and customization options, with 2 more for BfA release and more planned afterwards.

How is that not a big feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    rda weren't you just days ago complaining about how you felt it was unfair a lot of achievement points were taken from you. Now you're here trivializing what other people care about?
    That's not what I am saying.

If someone is into allied races, I have absolutely no problems with that.

What I am saying is that this feature takes very little effort to do and this reflects in the level of effect it has on the game (very little added).

And my main point builds on this: that BFA talks now mostly talk about allied races shows how little BFA has. In that, if BFA had something big and interesting, we'd have been talking about that. (And would have talked about the allied races as well, because, yes, some folks like them and that's completely fine.)

I am pro-folks who like allied races, not against. With how easy these allied races are, Blizzard can do an allied race for each new or semi-new faction, no sweat. I have no problems with that, I have problems with the reverse: with them doing barely nothing and the forums discussing utterly trivial features because there is just nothing else to discuss.

That's not what I am saying.

If someone is into allied races, I have absolutely no problems with that.

What I am saying is that this feature takes very little effort to do and this reflects in the level of effect it has on the game (very little added).

And my main point builds on this: that BFA talks now mostly talk about allied races shows how little BFA has. In that, if BFA had something big and interesting, we'd have been talking about that. (And would have talked about the allied races as well, because, yes, some folks like them and that's completely fine.)

I am pro-folks who like allied races, not against. With how easy these allied races are, Blizzard can do an allied race for each new or semi-new faction, no sweat. I have no problems with that, I have problems with the reverse: with them doing barely nothing and the forums discussing utterly trivial features because there is just nothing else to discuss.
    Well, we can talk about Warfronts, but we barely know anything about them. We can talk about plundering isles, but we only know they are developing AI for it and what the basic concept is.

Meanwhile, allied races are actually part of the 7.3.5 PTR with customization options, so of course there'd be more material to talk about.

On top of that, people care a lot about aesthetics.

Four new races possibly added before Battle for Azeroth.

One of them a new mesh altogether (male and female) and three of them sharing base meshes with existing races, but having their own story, culture, mounts, great transmog armor and customization options, with 2 more for BfA release and more planned afterwards.

How is that not a big feature?
    The models were there, the story was there, the culture was there, it's only the mounts and the armor sets and customization options. That's small. Especially if you realize that nobody says that's mounts and armor sets that wouldn't be there without allied races - they just borrow these things from the same pool of effort, they are free in that way. We are talking about just customization options.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we can talk about Warfronts, but we barely know anything about them. We can talk about plundering isles, but we only know they are developing AI for it and what the basic concept is.
    ...and that's it.

And warfronts are LFR. And there is only one planned so far. /shrug

No, really, the only - *only* - semi-interesting new feature of BFA is the improved AI for islands. Not islands by themselves, because without improved AI they are just another take on scenarios / instances, but the improved AI for them. And that may or may not even be interesting, that depends on what they will put into it, that AI can absolutely flop. That just isn't much.

The models were there, the story was there, the culture was there, it's only the mounts and the armor sets and customization options. That's small. Especially if you realize that nobody says that's mounts and armor sets that wouldn't be there without allied races - they just borrow these things from the same pool of effort, they are free in that way. We are talking about just customization options.
    Sorry, I just have issues with grasping what the problem here is. No, they're not full races with completely unique animation sets, but Nightborne and Zandalari definitely are more than retextures, and even Dark Iron, Lightforged and Void Elves have a bunch of customization options to set them apart. Highmountain too, but since original Tauren already felt scarce in the customization department and Highmountain are no different, they feel a bit less interesting to me. All the same, they're new options for players.

I for one like the notion that when we quest and raise rep with a faction in an expansion, that consequence might actually be carried forward and result in a playable allied race - that sounds cool to me. It might not be a full race, but I prefer 6 allied races over 1 or 2 full races.

Sorry, I just have issues with grasping what the problem here is. No, they're not full races with completely unique animation sets, but Nightborne and Zandalari definitely are more than retextures, and even Dark Iron, Lightforged and Void Elves have a bunch of customization options to set them apart. Highmountain too, but since original Tauren already felt scarce in the customization department and Highmountain are no different, they feel a bit less interesting to me. All the same, they're new options for players.

I for one like the notion that when we quest and raise rep with a faction in an expansion, that consequence might actually be carried forward and result in a playable allied race - that sounds cool to me. It might not be a full race, but I prefer 6 allied races over 1 or 2 full races.
    I have no problems with the allied races being easy to do. There is nothing wrong in having simple features like that, they are good.

I have problems with BFA having so little worth talking about that we are talking about things like allied races.

And warfronts are LFR. And there is only one planned so far. /shrug

No, really, the only - *only* - semi-interesting new feature of BFA is the improved AI for islands. Not islands by themselves, because without improved AI they are just another take on scenarios / instances, but the improved AI for them. And that may or may not even be interesting, that depends on what they will put into it, that AI can absolutely flop. That just isn't much.
    "Warfronts are LFR."

wat?

Also what is the problem here? What new features did Legion really get that were publicly announced? Demon Hunters, New Honor system, Artifacts and Class Order Halls.

Against: Plundering Isles, Battlefronts and Allied Races.

However, Class Order halls were pretty much just the Garrison system remade for different classes and many of them barely really gave a new aesthetic. Monks got the Pandaren isle with some new NPCs, Death Knights got Acherus with a few different drapes, Rogues got a sewer, Warlocks got generic green planet #14314 made with general Legion assets, Demon Hunters got their own starting zone, minus the ability to go down to the planet again, Warriors got a piece broken off a dungeon.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-12-11 at 01:11 PM.