Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    People need to understand that classic wow has nothing to do with legion or BfA - it is totally different game, only sharing the lore.
    In my opinion, Blizzard needs to launch servers which are close in terms of characteristics to the alrdy existing pservers. After all the audience which Blizzard targets is the one that play vanilla on those servers at the moment. They need to do similar progression, patch the bugs and thats overall. I think 1.12 is the perfect version for the game, it is the more balanced out of the rest, with everything that vanilla offered, if they launch a new content every few months (3-4-5-6 - depends) it will be alright, people will have ~ 2 years to enjoy the game.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard should only cater to the people on forums that spent the last decade telling them how they were shit devs and how much they hate the game/company.

Those are the Customers you really want to lock in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Where was a single like or dislike mentioned? No. I think you need to learn how to read context. It's a fact btw, the vast majority of people who played in Vanilla have grown up and move on from the game,
    Are you the one of these people who tells others "oh, you're adult now, stop playing video games"? Because that's how it sounds. And for that there is an appropriate response.

the people crying for Vanilla servers have no idea what Vanilla was like. At the end of the day Private Server Fanboys will always find something new to cry about. "Oh it's taking too long to come out" "You mean I have to pay a sub to play" "This isn't anything like Nostalrus" "Patches are taking too long to come out" "There's so many bugs". No matter what Blizzard does, they won't win, especially with how toxic the Private Server playerbase is.

I like how belittle everyone who disagrees with you by either calling them "Pirate Server Fanboys" without providing any proof that the majority asking for a vanilla servers actually played on a pirate server. And then you claim that no one remembers what vanilla was though for example I'm pretty sure that while older, I'm not suffering from Alzheimer's yet.

You literally say that whatever you didn't like, no one could like so people saying otherwise are delusional. Don't you find it a bit arrogant?
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-12-10 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    I like how belittle everyone who disagrees with you by either calling them "Pirate Server Fanboys" without providing any proof that the majority asking for a vanilla servers actually played on a pirate server. And then you claim that no one remembers what vanilla was though for example I'm pretty sure that while older, I'm not suffering from Alzheimer's yet.

You literally say that whatever you didn't like, no one could like so people saying otherwise are delusional. Don't you find it a bit arrogant?
    No what I find arrogant is the fact that you keep assuming you know my opinions on matters when you don't. You're literally proving my points by being one of those private server fanboys being toxic lol.

No what I find arrogant is the fact that you keep assuming you know my opinions on matters when you don't. You're literally proving my points by being one of those private server fanboys being toxic lol.
    Dude. You literally posted you opinion on the forum like a few posts above. If it's not your opinion and just some random text then yea, I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Dude. You literally posted you opinion on the forum like a few posts above. If it's not your opinion and just some random text then yea, I have no clue.
    I did no such thing, I did not post an opinion in any regard. It's called living in the real world, it is statistically impossible that there would be more people wanting Blizzard to recreate Vanilla servers than people who actually played the game back then. Common sense and FACTS.

I did no such thing, I did not post an opinion in any regard. It's called living in the real world, it is statistically impossible that there would be more people wanting Blizzard to recreate Vanilla servers than people who actually played the game back then. Common sense and FACTS.
    In which case, you can of course provide data supporting your "facts". Because so far it looks like an opinion as you consistently fail to provide any data at all to support your claims, which makes them, by definition, an opinion, that is no better or worse than anything else posted on the forum. However, despite what you might believe in, it doesn't make it truth or a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Hard to say what Blizzard has planned for Classic Servers, but I think they're not introducing them as a "new" product at all. I think it's meant as a gift to us who already has subs, and not something to offer classic players that have quit. I think that because I believe that most people that quit in the earlier days of WoW, didn't do so because they hated he additions or class balances, but rather that they didn't have the free time anymore, or that they no longer enjoyed it to the extent that it was worth putting the required amount of time into it. This won't get them back.
    Mother pus bucket!

Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Blizzard shouldnt listen to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Because not everyone wants that. Most people I've spoken to want day one.

That doesn't make any sense. You want them to not please everyone, but you also want them to please everyone?

It needs to be profitable. They wouldn't do it if they thought it wasn't going to be. Which means the cost of developing it isn't that high, or their marketing department think it's going to be massive.
    The game was absolute shit day1. Besides the bugs, you had no reduced CC duration on players, and no pvp trinkets. Even later, people won BGs by being 10 mages polymorphing the entire opposing team.

I'm convinced 99% of the people who want day1 didn't play day1. Og even day30. It's just a way to backtrack and catch all the stuff they missed so they can pretend they played on day1 when comparing epenis sizes.

Naxx was a nice point balance wise, and definitely the highlight of my entire vanilla experience.

Deleted
    Literally all I've heard regarding Classic is people on this forum whining 'don't listen to THEM, listen to ME!'.

Everyone has a different opinion about what they thing Classic should be? Well, isn't that just utterly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think it's meant as a gift to us who already has subs, and not something to offer classic players that have quit. I think that because I believe that most people that quit in the earlier days of WoW, didn't do so because they hated he additions or class balances, but rather that they didn't have the free time anymore, or that they no longer enjoyed it to the extent that it was worth putting the required amount of time into it. This won't get them back.
    Because I am an old poster here on this board and because I followed this board's Nostalrius Megathread, I can tell you that extremely few Retailers had any interest at all in WoW Vanilla. If you search for that thread, which can be found below

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion-Megathread

... you are gonna see in the Megathread yours truly and a handful of other pro-Vanilla posters getting attacked and shouted down by an overwhelming majority of angry Retailers and trolls who claim -in short terms- that Vanilla and TBC were vastly inferior to modern WoW and that nobody except a fringe minority wants to play Vanilla.

The only Retailer poster who admitted that they wanted to play Vanilla while also playing Retail was Elecybubb, just one person.

It is quite clear at this point that this move by Blizzard is solely aimed at our Community, that is to say the Nostalrius Community and those communities built around other Private Server Projects as well as former customers who -like us- quit because they did not like the way WoW chose to follow after TBC.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-12-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added correct link
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I think Blizzard needs to listen to Mark Kern and only Kern. He is the definitive voice that PS players rallied behind. Blizz should just hire him, make him team lead for classic, and wash their hands of it while they see some profit from Classic (whether short lived or long running).
    As stated, both PS players AND retail players asked for vanilla, as well as some of those from both extremes wanting changes. This "us vs them" mentality is just BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    The game was absolute shit day1. Besides the bugs,
    Bugs were there but they were not as numerous as you seem to believe. The game was playable and fun. Though, I don't think people asking for the original version, asking for bugs specifically.
    you had no reduced CC duration on players
    And that was amazing!
    , and no pvp trinkets.
    And that was great too! The time when PvP and PvE were inseparable, one and the same!
    Even later, people won BGs by being 10 mages polymorphing the entire opposing team.
    The entire team of... 10? WSG? I doubt it could work even there. But regardless, it could only happen due to incredible incompetence of the opposing team. Also, have you ever seen an entire WSG team that consisted only of mages?
    I'm convinced 99% of the people who want day1 didn't play day1. Og even day30. It's just a way to backtrack and catch all the stuff they missed so they can pretend they played on day1 when comparing epenis sizes.
    I played it. I'm not sure I'd want to do it again though, always liked 1.7 better but if I'd have to choose between 1.0 and 1.12 for example, I'd choose the former as 1.12 was already pre-TBC patch basically that started to push the game into the direction I personally never really appreciated.
    Naxx was a nice point balance wise, and definitely the highlight of my entire vanilla experience.
    Except it was the first raid that started to break the initial gearing-for-the-raid philosophy as you had no need for resistances at all anymore. It was one of the first signs of the direction the game has taken in its design. It seems like many liked that direction, and I can see why, but in my opinion the new raid design philosophy wasn't as fun as it started to remove the preparation phase where you needed a very specific gear.

The game was absolute shit day1. Besides the bugs, you had no reduced CC duration on players, and no pvp trinkets. Even later, people won BGs by being 10 mages polymorphing the entire opposing team.

No, day 1 WoW was shitty because 1) they vastly underestimated the number of players they'd get, and 2) the servers couldn't support the stress of 10s of thousands of players all in the starting zones. There were not that many bugs.

WoW sold out COMPLETELY for like 2 months. People had to wait until after Christmas to play.

This is one of the main reasons why Blizz wants to relaunch Classic. They want that same experience without all the server problems.

Blizzard shouldn't listen to people who play on pirated servers. They should listen to people who pay their bills, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    There isnt a need for classic servers you dimwit. Its fanservice. You should be licking Blizzards boots and offering your entire trailer park to them as tribute.
    If there wasn't a need, Blizz wouldn't be doing it Dimwit. The game has gone downhill. They arent revealing sub numbers anymore for a reason.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    for me its quite simple, Blizzard should only allow people that actually played Vanilla to have a say.

Blizzard, as access to our char data, and if you actually played vanilla at a level 60 for a couple of months you should have a say, on what Classic, should look like.

Only started to play WoW in TBC, or any of the following xpac, then you dont have a say.

Played Vanilla and actually manage to get to 60 and did the attunements, and still have an active account(cant comment on forums without it), then you can a say.

This will stop retailers from trolling, and general trolling from screwing this up for the people that have been asking for this for years.
    Well I had 2 level 60 characters when we went into Outlands, and one of these has been raiding MC, ZG and AQ20 regularly, either with guild or in pugs.

I would want class balance to be like the last iteration before the TBC patch. For the feeling of progression, they should keep the release schedule of dungeons and raids as it was. They should remove bugs as good as possible, and probably add some QoL features which will not damage the Classic feel (like hits b-net functionality where you can send a request to join the group of a friend). Most things should stay the same. Like, adding more storage space via guild banks and such, already alters the way people are playing the game.

7+ Year Old Account

So they should listen to people who player on private servers and will most likely keep playing those servers, aswell as the people who simply complain about them all day every day on the forums
    instead of the people who have been playing their game for 13 years and have been paying them and trusting them?

i think the game should launch then they should listen to those subbed on the server with a level 60 toon.
    but no they should not listen to the people who will just go play private servers once they realize the server will cost money
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So they should listen to people who player on private servers and will most likely keep playing those servers, aswell as the people who simply complain about them all day every day on the forums
    instead of the people who have been playing their game for 13 years and have been paying them and trusting them?

i think the game should launch then they should listen to those subbed on the server with a level 60 toon.
    but no they should not listen to the people who will just go play private servers once they realize the server will cost money
    You need to face the facts. WoW has the lowest number of subs they've ever had in their history of the game. They know massive amounts of fans play of private servers as proved by the signature petition that came out. No surprise that WoW classic was announced shortly after that.

Blizzard is not making wow classic to for the fools who have payed for a shitty game for 13 years. But the ones they had when they were at their peak. They want these fans back. Retailers have already proven they will pay for anything.