Poll: What was the worse addition/change to WOW?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have always prefered to play on less populated realms, ever since vanilla.
    This made questing, farming or camping rares much more pleasant.
    Cross Realms destroyed this and the community more than anything for me.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flying was the worst addition to wow.
    Ily mmoc

Deleted
    Multiple difficulty for same instance for me.

I thought an Ulduar style raid with unlockable hardmodes was always better than a straight normal/heroic/mythic difficulty switch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another strange topic. One part (pet-battles) of above doesn't affect gameplay (not even a part of it), and the other part (everything else, BUT! part of this was realized earlier through other mechanisms, much more correct and adequate => which indicates that some of that we had before, but in more appropriate form) doesn't imply a choice - they are all equivalent in amount of damage to the game. It isn't possible to select something separate.

But Yes, this is more like next triger-thread.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-12-11 at 08:59 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Forums, when they were put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Without a doubt LFR. It's the worst thing that has EVER been added to wow. It promotes lazy, complacent, and antisocial behaviour. I' not against easy difficulties but queueing into random people to get free loot for bosses that are designed to let you win is bad in every regard. I know it'll never happen but I'd love to see LFR removed. Normal is basically LFR without the queue and determination stacks so there's no excuse for casuals. I cleared normal this week in just over an hour in a pug so it's completely manageable for casual players with limited time. There's no reason for LFR to exist.
    That is why I went with LFR. I happily pugged TBC t4 and t5 and accepted that I didn't put in the time/effort to see t6. In Wrath I pugged LK and OS25 mount runs. I met cool people and I met shit people but either way I met them and would see them again. I would get constant messages in Tbc to tank or heal 5mans and the same in Wrath. That was a reward not present today in the least. It was possible to still be relevant and have fun without being bleeding edge.

LFR reminds me of the season 2 complaint or the 10/25 lockout separation. Blizzard dropped the separate locks because people complained that they felt forced to do both in a week to stay competitive. Not sure how LFR has remaines absent the same logical argument.

Mythic-only lore-based raid phases.

None of the options in the poll are valid.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cross server, since you can't trade(outside of boss drops)/guild with them.

While group finders are nice and all, I wish they could have gone with less and bigger servers, more focus on guilds/auction trade, and community.

LFD/LFR/Battlegrounds would be better same-server but numbers don't support it I guess.

Right now their servers can't even handle auction house at daytime, mega lag at big realms like Draenor EU...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-11 at 09:18 AM.

Pruning was the worst gameplay (substraction) ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Which gameplay addition made in an expansion was the worse ever made?
    Too easy/fast leveling, I would say.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Without a doubt LFR. It's the worst thing that has EVER been added to wow. It promotes lazy, complacent, and antisocial behaviour. I' not against easy difficulties but queueing into random people to get free loot for bosses that are designed to let you win is bad in every regard. I know it'll never happen but I'd love to see LFR removed. Normal is basically LFR without the queue and determination stacks so there's no excuse for casuals. I cleared normal this week in just over an hour in a pug so it's completely manageable for casual players with limited time. There's no reason for LFR to exist.
    Says the guy with almost 21k achievement score and 949 gear yet tells casual people what they should be doing, you probably cleared it in a pug with a minimum ilvl of 945 or some shit, I've seen streamers doing heroic pugs with 950 ivl requirements does that mean it's completely manageable for casuals because it got pugged? I also don't think every casual is sitting on 949 since I play the game a lot and my highest geared toon is 934 or something without raiding or doing mythic+.

You have raided heroic in every tier since legion, what difference does it make to you that someone gets much lower ilvl gear in LFR? indeed remove the LFR system and have the vast majority of people being refused a spot in a pug because they don't have 945 gear for normal or achievements and all that jazz. It's people like you who are the problem, oh look at me I'm in a guild raiding content weekly with 949 gear and pugging normals that means everyone should be doing that, get off that high horse and accept that people ain't good at the game and not letting them do content because of that is dumb as shit.

But hey, you pugged a normal with 945 gear must be easy for everyone else right.

i hate the head turning when you look at someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    People who hate hating on LFR have no clue how grateful they should be for it. Before it, it was getting to the point where so few people raided it was becoming not worth the time to develop them. LFR gave them a reason to keep making raids. If it wasn't LFR we would be lucky to get a 5 boss raid once a year at most.

WTF are you even talking about?

LFR was introduced with dragon soul at the time. and there a SHIT ton of guilds doing raids. before DS it was very good. after DS it became a shitshow. nuff said.

Repeatable quests.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    WTF are you even talking about?

LFR was introduced with dragon soul at the time. and there a SHIT ton of guilds doing raids. before DS it was very good. after DS it became a shitshow. nuff said.
    That was also before the cross-realm raid/pug time, so cross-realm furthered the decline, not just LFR, and they never implemented official cross-realm guilds which is weird...

Cross-realm anything instead of making big realms was a silly mistake imo. Hopefully the BfA PVP-toggle changes will allow them to eventually merge realms into fewer, bigger ones. But they gotta fix the lag/auction house issues too.

Even that, it's not just raids, PVP too, even in vanilla, the feeling changed, up to 1.11 you'd play battlegrounds on your own realm.

Cross realm is basicly the basis that affects 3 major branches :
    -Battlegrounds (1.12)
    -LFD (Full cross realm since Cata pre-patch)
    -LDR (Dragon soul and beyond)

Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk realm communities just felt so different because of the absense of cross-realm tech for PvE.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-11 at 09:40 AM.

- Flying
    - LFG
    - LFR
    - Free epics

Add flying to the list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'd have voted for LFR if pet battles wasn't an option.
    How the ---- does Pet Battle affect you or anyone? It's basically making companion pets do more than just follow you.