Ethereals instead of Void elfs

Blood elf, night elf, savage elf, arcandor elf, come on its usage has been so much that it has lost its sense. Blizzard should change directionsdirection towards Ethereals instead of voidelfs.

Ethereals have a long history over void and controling it,they were there since BC, one could aasumee that elves play with void would tear their matter apart and they'd become more of a living vaccum.

also, each city has had "void storage" service ran by them, they make more sense! and for the green chick's training with void, they can make her look like one too, instead of xpurple/black skin and a couple of bright eyes nonsense. like as if ethereals hide that darkness of appearance with threads of their ownown existance.

Their racial even has its icon for mamasake
    Last edited by Dapower; 2017-12-11 at 09:30 AM.

You seem to be missing the point. The entire reason for alliance getting void elves is because they've been asking for high elves for ages.
    If anything, ethereals are much better suited as a neutral race even if Blizzard has said they're not interested in doing more after pandaren
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ethereal might come, but it's too early, and would be better for an actual off-world expansion where we get a proper post-Burning Crusade story ethereal faction lead by Nexus-Prince Haramad.

Ethereum and Shadowguard been putting creatures into bubbles for who knows how long, sending them through their gateways, there must be some prison world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. The entire reason for alliance getting void elves is because they've been asking for high elves for ages.
    If anything, ethereals are much better suited as a neutral race even if Blizzard has said they're not interested in doing more after pandaren
    whats the point if its not fitting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Ethereal might come, but it's too early, and would be better for an actual off-world expansion where we get a proper post-Burning Crusade story ethereal faction lead by Nexus-Prince Haramad.

Ethereum and Shadowguard been putting creatures into bubbles for who knows how long, sending them through their gateways, there must be some prison world out there.
    they could already make an arc about nexus prince meeting alleria and giving her the voidthang

they said their will be more allied races in the future so maybe they will come later

Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    whats the point if its not fitting?
    Who says it's not fitting? Any lore to implement ethereals as a playable race would be just as made up as the lore to implement void elves
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Who says it's not fitting? Any lore to implement ethereals as a playable race would be just as made up as the lore to implement void elves
    they are in our cities, they have a history with void.I think its more relevant if an elf would become ethereal than voidelf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    they said their will be more allied races in the future so maybe they will come later

Baradare man, im trying to elevate the point that, becoming void elf is both boring and nonsense, ethereal fits better

Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    im trying to elevate the point that, becoming void elf is both boring and nonsense, ethereal fits better
    Well, that's your opinion and you don't need to be a void elf, so that's fine. Personally i really like the idea of void elves and that's why i'll change to one as soon as they allow me and i'm excited about their boring nonsensical lore

When it comes to lore and gameplay there are times that we just have to believe whatever they are trying to tell us, because stablishing a permanent change is not easy and many times the origin not always has the best background to support it. But it's something that once stablished can be expanded and lore can be built around it.

Also, allied race is just a way to make profit from sub-races. Ethereals would be a complete new race. I don't find them mutually exclusive, but at this point we are basically getting customization options for existing races.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Except for the Five Ethereals you met in your faction's capital city and Dalaran, have you met others on Azeroth? Nope.
    So why would you think that Ethereals are a logical choice as an allied race to introduce in Battle for Azeroth?
    Void Elves are Blood Elves that were experimenting the Void magic, even if nobody heard something about them before the end of Legion, they are Blood Elves.
    We can find a lot of them on Azeroth, contrary to Ethereals.

alliance fanboys been bitching about blood elves since tbc they got the emo version to go to goldshire with
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I think you're misunderstanding the point of Allied Races. They're sub races that are directly related (one way or another) to existing playable races. Lightforged/Draenei, Highmountain/Tauren, Dark Irons/Dwarves, Zandalari/Darkspear. Nightborne and Void Elves are related to all the other elves, but they were a reason to give the Alliance a Blood Elf model, and the Horde could then have a Night Elf-like model. This is also significantly less work for Blizzard, because they basically just need to tweak a few textures here and there, add a few unique customization options, new voice lines, and change how some of them stand compared to their "regular" counterparts. Keep in mind, at the moment, that each Allied Race only has a couple skin tones or face options.

Meanwhile, Ethereals would be new and unique. The model they use - even the one with updated textures in Mac'Aree - has animations from Burning Crusade. They don't have animations for even half the things player races use, like artifact poses, dances, multiple weapon/casting animations, etc. They also have no current female model (though there are female voices in Mac'Aree). They aren't related by blood to any current playable race. The Locus-Walker isn't even a bridge between all of Ethereals and Void Elves, because he's an outcast among his people.

So, if they made all the other Allied Races, except Ethereals instead of Void Elves, how would that be remotely fair, or related to any of the other content we've seen? They aren't even Alliance-leaning in the slightest. If Ethereals become playable in the future, they could easily be a neutral race that helps the Alliance and Horde deal with Void stuff. It's not like Ethereals as a whole have favored one faction or another from the beginning anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Except for the Five Ethereals you met in your faction's capital city and Dalaran, have you met others on Azeroth? Nope.
    So why would you think that Ethereals are a logical choice as an allied race to introduce in Battle for Azeroth?
    Void Elves are Blood Elves that were experimenting the Void magic, even if nobody heard something about them before the end of Legion, they are Blood Elves.
    We can find a lot of them on Azeroth, contrary to Ethereals.
    Other Ethereals have been on Azeroth, but they've been mostly bad guys. Wind-Trader Mu'fah was making a deal with the Blue Dragonflight in Dragonblight, and in Legion we see the fruition of that with the Aluneth and Light's Wrath acquisition quests. There were tons of Ethereals in Dragonblight and Coldarra then. But, as far as friendly Ethereals, you're right. But Blizzard could also write up whatever they wanted in the future.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally prefer ethereals, but Void Elves make more sense as an allied race- and I think it was the answer to people wanting alliance version of thin/pale elves.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

There were enough elves as it was, it was unnecessary to add any more instead they could have focused on others, like ogres, vrykul, naga, ethereals etc.

They really went over the top in legion basically inventing 4 new types of elves

Nightborne
    Nightfallen
    fal'dorei (spider elves)
    Void'elves.

Deleted
    I think ethereals have way more important business to do than meddle in a stupid world's faction war.

I've always viewed them as transcending such silly things. Imho, they'd rather just sell stuff to both sides of the war and profit from it.

I think Ethereals would count as a bonafide new race.

They would look weird using an existing races skeleton and animations

I would riot if the Alliance got Etheraels and the Horde didnt!

IMO it should be a neutral race that both factions can recruit.

I disagree with ethereals for many of the reasons listed here but I also agree that void elves are incredibly boring.

What I would have perfered is broken Draenei. We already have models for them and they can already use all the ingame gear. They should have made the void a part of a class for a larger void based xpac.