Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    List your evidences. I dare you.
    From Glenn Greenwald

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/...what-happened/

The U.S. Media Suffered Its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened

FRIDAY WAS ONE of the most embarrassing days for the U.S. media in quite a long time. The humiliation orgy was kicked off by CNN, with MSNBC and CBS close behind, with countless pundits, commentators and operatives joining the party throughout the day. By the end of the day, it was clear that several of the nation’s largest and most influential news outlets had spread an explosive but completely false news story to millions of people, while refusing to provide any explanation of how it happened.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

It depends what you class as "Fake News".

Pretty much everything in the media these days is just incredibly biased propaganda with one goal or another- Does that make it fake?

One story will tell you that illegal immigrants contribute 300 million dollars to the economy every year. Another story will tell you that illegal immigrants take 100 billion dollars from the economy every year. Both can be true, but they're just telling such a small part of a bigger story that it's misleading the public at best.

When Trump said "The leaks are absolutely real, the news is fake" he was ridiculed, but he's not far off.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    From Glenn Greenwald

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/...what-happened/

The U.S. Media Suffered Its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened
    Yep, news outlets make mistakes, especially when they are as zealous as good old CNN.
    This means that one has to be critical of reports and not take them at face value. It does not mean that any news story on any network is automatically fake news. And that is at the core of the question poised by the OP - Is Trump right to talk about 'Fake News' the way he does? And no, he does not invite critical thinking. He calls any reports that paint him in a bad light fake, whether they have actual errors, such as your example, or not. Heck, he even tries to preemptively make up stuff about them, like when he says they would not report on certain events, which you can usually watch right on the very networks he is referring to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Off the top of my head the Koi fish thing and recently the empty stadium at the Trump speech are two news articles that comes to mind. Then again i'm not about to launch a complete journalistic investigation on your account even if you "dare me". Though i'm pretty sure that if i did you would simply dismiss my findings as you people have repeatedly done when i've proven i've done my due diligence.

You can start by explaining how those two events are not fake news.
    This is precisely why I don't bother with sources and have not for quite some time.

You can post 100 articles and people would find some excuse to credit each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/06/po...pan/index.html

For example, that article does mention that Abe poured his own first.

I have not heard anything about empty stadiums.

Huh. There appears to have been a bit of fake news about the stadium thing. That's pretty retarded. Don't think it's a smart move to give fuel for Trump to continue his "fake news" crusade.
    "As an aide clapped loudly, Abe and Trump tossed spoonfuls of fish food into the pond. Then, with a look of enjoyment, Trump quickly poured his entire box of food into the pond.
    The move got Trump some laughs, and a smile from Abe, who actually appeared to dump out his box of food ahead of Trump."

From that article you linked claiming they made no mention of abe.. reading is clearly hard for you, maybe work on that before going into journalism?

You can make ALL the conclusions about Trump insanity purely based on Trump's own words and actions alone.

Calling someone fake news because they show or quote Trump is definitely a bit silly

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Pretty much everything in the media these days is just incredibly biased propaganda with one goal or another- Does that make it fake? .
    Pretty much. Majority of the media is just a propaganda wing of the democratic party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Pretty much. Majority of the media is just a propaganda wing of the democratic party.
    Ye, the Republicans would not dare do something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is correct about fake news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ye, the Republicans would not dare do something like that.
    We have, what, fox? And then every other mainstream is news. Can't really compare.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    And if you classify bias as fake, then you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It is impossible to have "positive" coverage of a negative president.
    Opinion based comment. Whats a negative president?

Off the top of my head the Koi fish thing and recently the empty stadium at the Trump speech are two news articles that comes to mind. Then again i'm not about to launch a complete journalistic investigation on your account even if you "dare me". Though i'm pretty sure that if i did you would simply dismiss my findings as you people have repeatedly done when i've proven i've done my due diligence.

You can start by explaining how those two events are not fake news.
    I can address the second.
    Dave Weigel’s stadium claim was made in a personal tweet, not a WaPo news story. News stories get fact-checked and verified before publication.

If your new standard is going to be that if anyone says anything wrong, their entire organization is discredited as “fake”, then no one will ever be able to trust any source of information ever again.

Which we know is the actual goal of authoritarians like Team Trump, so... yeah.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What should the ratio of positive to negative be?
    Interesting question, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as the people understand that they are being manipulated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    New Trump approval rating 32% record low. That would make it official, the last few of his supporters with an IQ above 70, have abandoned him.
    Speaking of fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Interesting question, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as the people understand that they are being manipulated.
    And you can conclude that people are being manipulated, how? Based on the percentage?

Look, if you're going to accuse other people in this thread of thinking with their hearts too much, then you yourself should be able to justify your positions under scrutiny instead of dancing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of fake news.
    How is this fake? His aggregate is around 37% approval, and individual polls are going to be spread around that. There's also a poll that puts him at 42%, that must be 'fake' news.

Also, I see that you never responded to the fact that BLS tracks real unemployment, and that it doesn't paint anything close to the picture that demagogues paint when they bring up real unemployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    This is precisely why I don't bother with sources and have not for quite some time.

You can post 100 articles and people would find some excuse to credit each and every one of them.
    Yeah, instead you act like you can post 100s of articles. Here is a clue, if you are unwilling to provide evidance, for what ever reason you can think of, you are still not providing anything. What you are doing is a complete bullshit tact, of claiming credit for something, while not actually doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely... as long as the government can convince you the media is fake, it no longer maters if it’s positive or not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've looked at numerous cases were Trump has called the media out for delivering fake news and in those instances it did indeed appear that the news articles had been "faked" to make Trump appear to be a buffoon and what not. CNN and WashPo seem to be particularly guilty of this.

I'm not American so i'm not exposed to your media the same as you guys so perhaps i'm missing something.
    You are missing something. Almost everything. And masking yourself as a Trumpkin with "I don't live in the U.S." is just pathetic. In case you're curious, Trump basically calls anything that paints him in other-that-flattery fake. So if you're a news media, and you're honest - Trump thinks you're fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You should do stand up comedy, because this is hilarious.

Trump is in a bad light because he's the literal incarnation of incompetent.

Trump is no threat to any rich establishment, considering he's doing the best he can at giving them as much as possible.

"Turn to independent sources"? Every time an independent source comes out against Trump you and your ilk constantly say how we can't believe just an independent source. You're as hypocritical as water is wet.

Twitter is the easiest place to get a direct quote from him, because once it's on the internet it's always there and can be referred back to at all times.

Then why has this administration been doing that very thing this whole time? Also, why do you back up their claims when you know it's bullshit? Are you real?

It's rather hard to write a positive article when Trump doesn't do anything that's positive.

I remember that and even Fox barely had a majority of positive articles on him. If Fox can't do it then how is anyone else supposed to?
    They are about to pass the most major tax cut for the middle class since Regan, The economy has been exceeding expectations since Trump has been in office, and Jerusalem is now recognized as part of Israel. Your argument doesn't make since unless you just don't agree with him on policy because he is certainly getting things done.

That was all this week and could be seen as positive for Trump. Not sure what your idea of accomplishment is, but please find an equally successful week for Obama at any time in his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are about to pass the most major tax cut for the middle class since Regan...
    So, you've still not actually read the bills they're trying to pass? You really should...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the American media purposely try to frame Trump constantly in a bad light, but luckily they have lost most of their power over the people. Trump is a threat to the rich establishment that control the news and a lot of folks now turn to independent sources instead of watching channel 4 every night. It also inflames the higher ups in news that Trump just goes straight to twitter as it is hard to spin a direct quote accessible to everyone.
    The way Trump is presented in the media, has been the same for 30 years. You are so blatantly biased here, that it makes me cafafefe at your suggestion that Trump’s tweets are hart to spin. Can you at least admit you made an obvious mistake in asserting this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So, you've still not actually read the bills they're trying to pass? You really should...
    Trump is on record claiming that Clinton’s economy, was better than Reagan’s. But, this was when Trump flaunted being horrible with women, instead of blaming media for his depiction as such.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi