Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Three Arrested After Firebomb Attack on Swedish Synagogue

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/w...-cocktail.html
    GOTHENBURG, Sweden — The Swedish police arrested three people on Sunday after a masked gang hurled Molotov cocktails at a synagogue in the port city of Gothenburg as it hosted an event on Saturday night.

The attack set the yard ablaze, but the building did not catch fire and no one was injured. The authorities said the people gathered on the premises had fled to safety in the basement.

A police spokeswoman, Ulla Brehm, said: “It might become a hate crime. The crime is attempted arson. But that may change during the investigation.”

The Police Authority’s commissioner, Dan Eliasson, told the Aftonbladet newspaper that the threat level against Jewish interests in Sweden had increased since President Trump’s announcement that the United States would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The attack in Gothenburg, a city on the country’s west coast, came a day after demonstrators took to the streets of Malmo, Sweden’s third-largest city, shouting slogans about killing or shooting Jews.

Continue reading the main story
    Allan Stutzinsky, chairman of the synagogue, who witnessed the fire, told a local newspaper, Dagens Nyheter, that about 10 young people who had gathered outside the gate began setting fire to objects and throwing them at the synagogue.

“They were masked and setting fire to things and then throwing them over the gate into the courtyard,” he said. “There was an actual fire in the yard, but then a heavy rainfall came, and the fire was put out quite quickly.”

Ms. Brehm, a spokeswoman for the police in Region West, said Gothenburg officers received a call about the episode after 10 p.m. Saturday. She said the suspects were dressed in black and wearing hoodies.

“They ran away, and shortly thereafter we got hold of three of them,” she said.

The police arrested three men in their 20s on suspicion of arson, Ms. Brehm said, adding that they were looking for other suspects. The police did not release further details about the suspects.

Swedish leaders condemned the attack on the synagogue. Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said in a statement on Sunday: “There is no place for anti-Semitism in our Swedish society. The perpetrators will answer for their crimes.”

Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom tweeted: “The attack against the synagogue in Gothenburg and threat of violence against Jews in Malmo is deplorable and totally unacceptable. Anti-Semitism, threats and violence have no place in our society.”

Calle Persson, a spokesman for the police in Malmo, said about 200 people gathered in the Mollevangstorget square in central Malmo on Friday afternoon to demonstrate against Israel.

“They had Palestinian flags,” he said. “They sang and among other things they yelled that they were going to shoot Jews.

Something needs to be done about these Neo-Nazis. Anti-semitism is on the rise in the whole of Scandinavia, something needs to be done.
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-12-11 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post

Something needs to be done about these Neo-Nazis. Anti-semitism is on the rise in thw whole of Scandinavia, something needs to be done.
    This is terrible.

Side note I wonder if they sell Taco Seasoning in Sweden.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post

Something needs to be done about these Neo-Nazis. Anti-semitism is on the rise in thw whole of Scandinavia, something needs to be done.
    The police arrested three men in their 20s on suspicion of arson, Ms. Brehm said, adding that they were looking for other suspects. The police did not release further details about the suspects.
    So, Muslims are Neo-Nazis now? Ho-ho ho, Merry Christmas everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Is it confirmed that they are neo nazis? It could also be the religion of peace. They could be feeling extra peaceful thanks to what Trump did last week.

Hmm I wonder who could have done that, and no it's not nazis, there is one group who have harassed Jews alot here i let you take a guess.

Deleted
    omg so much racism here in sweden , ihope with sharia law neo-nazis will get stopped from us

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-11 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    That's the social justice way of drawing away attention from the fact those from the middle east hate Jews as much as neo nazis do.
    #boycottchina

So was it Nazis? Seems more likely that it would be angry muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hmm I wonder who could have done that, and no it's not nazis, there is one group who have harassed Jews alot here i let you take a guess.
    Oooh, careful there, might draw up some cold hard facts certain people will get offended at hearing
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    First of all they are Palestinian, and are reacting to recent events in Israel/Palestine as Palestinians, and not Muslims. Doesn't fit your agenda, though, does it?

EDIT: Same goes for OP who are calling them Neo-Nazis.
    Last edited by blobthebob; 2017-12-11 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oooh, careful there, might draw up some cold hard facts certain people will get offended at hearing
    Haha yeah, lets not speak the truth here. The mods and cry babies don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Come at me : our news pappers even said there where no right wing connecting so that narrows it down. And seeing what group have harassed them alot before i think i can take a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    First of all they are Palestinian, and are reacting to recent events in Israel/Palestine as Palestinians, and not Muslims. Doesn't fit your agenda, though, does it?

EDIT: Same goes for OP who are calling them Neo-Nazis.
    How do you know they're not Muslims? Doesn't them being Palestinians make it more likely that they're Muslims, not less?

Deleted
    Quite few neo nazis in Sweden. Dont even think their numbers reach 500. And right wing groups tend to not have anything against jews as jews tend to work against the common enemy.

So my buck is placed on religion of peace worshipers.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-11 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    How do you know they're not Muslims? Doesn't them being Palestinians make it more likely that they're Muslims, not less?
    I think the point is that this is attack is probably more about the political conflict between Palestine and Israel, and not about muslims in general attacking jews, which would serve the agenda of OP, who is strongly opposed to immigration from Africa and the middle-east.
    Mother pus bucket!

This thread isnt going going to end well....
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Trumps idiotic decisions sparked a huge rise in antisemitism all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think the point is that this is attack is probably more about the political conflict between Palestine and Israel, and not about muslims in general attacking jews, which would serve the agenda of OP, who is strongly opposed to immigration from Africa and the middle-east.
    Okay, but if that's what @blobthebob meant, he should have said that, instead of saying something that is probably literally false.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-12-11 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    White supremacists?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    White supremacists?
    Nah no connection to far right groups, atleast that's what our news sites say.