Thread: Dear Blizzard

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear Blizzard

Dear Blizzard,

Do you remember when you were 9 years old and the other children didn't want to pick you up in their basketball team because you were a little shorter than other kids in the schoolyard?

Yes?

Now hold that feeling and imagine if the teachers didn't allowed you to enter the classroom because you had some gaps (whatever the reasons).

Now imagine that your parents paid for that school, a monthly subscription.

That would be totally unfair to you, ain't it?

Now dear Blizzard,
    that's what your game became.

WoW Progress.

Cut
    It
    Now

This is the worst MMO experience ever

Your comparison to paid education is quite flawed.

In case of WoW you're paying sub to access servers w/o limitations at any time. That's it. Everything else is up to you.

Why the hell are you asking something to Blizzard in a MMO C forum instead of asking to the support / their dev twitter / anything like that ?

Being able to make a group with players of similar experience to yourself is a good thing. It creates smoother runs and gets rid of toxicity and frustration of wiping because someone is too lazy to learn the mechanics or improve themselves. If you're too lazy to do a few dungeons to improve yourself then you don't deserve in groups of experienced players. Make your own group, join lower requirement groups, or do what most of us do and spend an afternoon doing some M+ to improve your score. Is it elitist and toxic to want to play with competent and experienced players? If so I'd hate to see how people with this mindset function in society. It must be toxic and elitist that companies decline people based on resumes or students in university want to work in group projects with other students that put worth effort. Yes wow is a game but the same concepts apply. People want to play with similarly geared, skilled, and experienced players and it's not up to you to dictate how other people handle THEIR OWN groups.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

So you dont like wowprogress? I would guess this has something to do with m+. You can always run your own keys, if the key is bad you can downgrade it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Why the hell are you asking something to Blizzard in a MMO C forum instead of asking to the support / their dev twitter / anything like that ?
    And why would they be asking Blizz to do something about a 3rd party website with no affiliation to them? LOL somebody didn't get picked, wah. Make your own group.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Someone didn't get picked for m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    He's probably banned already.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    So tired of people complaining about Mythic score. People need a way to quickly try and determine which stranger to pick for their group.

ilvl is useless so WP and raider io tells you a lot of vaulable information.

If you haven't got a high score then that's too bad. You need to build it up. I built my score to 2.1k from literally nothing in 7.3 (after returning to the game) and that allowed me to quickly get up to 2.6k today. Yes it was a slog but I now realize...why should I expect to get into high level keys when I don't have much experience?

As a side note you may say you already know all the tactics and you perform well even if you're 1.2k score. I'd highly doubt it, though. You pick up a lot of things over time and if you haven't got a decent score then you simply won't know these things.

'Do you remember when you were 9 years old and the other children didn't want to pick you up in their basketball team because you were a little shorter than other kids in the schoolyard?'

You can't help being shorter. You can however help your experience by forming your own keys and grinding it out. That's what's required.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-12-11 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So tired of people complaining about Mythic score. People need a way to quickly try and determine which stranger to pick for their group.

ilvl is useless so WP and raider io tells you a lot of vaulable information.

If you haven't got a high score then that's too bad. You need to build it up. I built my score to 2.1k from literally nothing in 7.3 (after returning to the game) and that allowed me to quickly get up to 2.6k today. Yes it was a slog but I now realize...why should I expect to get into high level keys when I don't have much experience?

As a side note you may say you already know all the tactics and you perform well even if you're 1.2k score. I'd highly doubt it, though. You pick up a lot of things over time and if you haven't got a decent score then you simply won't know these things.

'Do you remember when you were 9 years old and the other children didn't want to pick you up in their basketball team because you were a little shorter than other kids in the schoolyard?'

You can't help being shorter. You can however help your experience by forming your own keys and grinding it out. That's what's required.
    Quick return on experience:
    I play WoW for 11 years. I've been WoWaholic, played 7 nights a week for years, then played a little less these last 4 years, to stop raiding since one year.
    Mythic + is the only appreciated challenge that the game offers me, but I'm not playing 7 nights a week.
    Since I left PVE when ToS opened, I occasionaly played some mythic+
    This november I wanted to play more M+, and I don't mean m+ 2 to m+9 because they are way to easy to me. I find them boring and they lack of challenge.
    I'm used to the MoP challenge mode, so a +10 is the minimum that I wanna play with people.

So I asked some people why the Hell players are checking Mythic Score for a +10 (I can understand why they'll do for a +15 and more beside that).
    I can undestand their answer, they don't want people that don't even know the tacts or their class to ruin their keys and / or the run.
    Fair enough, so I asked How could I improve that damn Mythic score.
    They told me to do M+ dungeons, whatever the level. Ok.

I completed nearly 10 dungeons a week, half were +10 to +14 (notice the verb "completed" because half of the time the runs stopped because of leavers), tried to do my keys (that were losing 1 level every try because of leavers).
    And I watched over my Mythic score: the damn application is buggy! One third of the dungeons are not appearing, my MS goes to 1.1k one day to 500 the next day and doesn't increase even if I refresh the character. Worst, some dungeons appeared in the 7.3.0 count and some in the 7.3.2.

Last week I completed the 15 dungeons in M+, I even did some of them multiple times in different difficulties. Today in the 7.3.2 toggle, I only see 11 of them.
    Where are they? Where are my points?

What is the logic?

Why trust that thing to allow players to group with you?

I understand the reason why players think it's a useful tool, but careful how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

Do you remember when you were 9 years old and the other children didn't want to pick you up in their basketball team because you were a little shorter than other kids in the schoolyard?

Yes?

Now hold that feeling and imagine if the teachers didn't allowed you to enter the classroom because you had some gaps (whatever the reasons).

Now imagine that your parents paid for that school, a monthly subscription.

That would be totally unfair to you, ain't it?

Now dear Blizzard,
    that's what your game became.

WoW Progress.

Cut
    It
    Now

This is the worst MMO experience ever
    Dear Blizzard; Go post on battle.net lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Quick return on experience:
    I play WoW for 11 years. I've been WoWaholic, played 7 nights a week for years, then played a little less these last 4 years, to stop raiding since one year.
    Mythic + is the only appreciated challenge that the game offers me, but I'm not playing 7 nights a week.
    Since I left PVE when ToS opened, I occasionaly played some mythic+
    This november I wanted to play more M+, and I don't mean m+ 2 to m+9 because they are way to easy to me. I find them boring and they lack of challenge.
    I'm used to the MoP challenge mode, so a +10 is the minimum that I wanna play with people.

So I asked some people why the Hell players are checking Mythic Score for a +10 (I can understand why they'll do for a +15 and more beside that).
    I can undestand their answer, they don't want people that don't even know the tacts or their class to ruin their keys and / or the run.
    Fair enough, so I asked How could I improve that damn Mythic score.
    They told me to do M+ dungeons, whatever the level. Ok.

I completed nearly 10 dungeons a week, half were +10 to +14 (notice the verb "completed" because half of the time the runs stopped because of leavers), tried to do my keys (that were losing 1 level every try because of leavers).
    And I watched over my Mythic score: the damn application is buggy! One third of the dungeons are not appearing, my MS goes to 1.1k one day to 500 the next day and doesn't increase even if I refresh the character. Worst, some dungeons appeared in the 7.3.0 count and some in the 7.3.2.

Last week I completed the 15 dungeons in M+, I even did some of them multiple times in different difficulties. Today in the 7.3.2 toggle, I only see 11 of them.
    Where are they? Where are my points?

What is the logic?

Why trust that thing to allow players to group with you?

I understand the reason why players think it's a useful tool, but careful how you use it.
    I haven't had much experience with WP since returning to Legion and using mythic score but I've never had it bug out on me to like that. My best guess is that you don't make the leader board for your 10's which is why they aren't showing up. Most people are farming 15's and upwards so it's unlikely a 10 will be displayed. That's only a guess, though. Maybe consider using raider io.

Also it sounds like you're already doing the dungeons you want to do. You say a +10 is the minimum for you but you've done a lot of +15's. What's the issue? Is the issue that you want into a 17 but your score isn't high enough? See below:

Once more, and everyone says it because it's true: Form your own groups. You can even be really generous and set no MS requirement for your 15. Somehow I think you'd be unwilling to take absolutely anyone and then you'll see why people ask for a certain score.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-12-11 at 04:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Install/utilize said addons/programs.

Reap benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Agreed, they need to shut the armory down so sites like wowprogress can’t operate.

The armory doesn’t even fucking update these days.

Mine hasn’t updated in a week.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-12-11 at 07:13 PM.

To be honest, at this point, Blizzard should just acknowledge that the armoury data feed and achievements are only promoting toxic behaviour (AOTC, Mythic+ "Score", etc.), and remove it from the game.

When will people learn that mmo-c isn't official WoW forum...
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by eldood View Post
    To be honest, at this point, Blizzard should just acknowledge that the armoury data feed and achievements are only promoting toxic behaviour (AOTC, Mythic+ "Score", etc.), and remove it from the game.
    People like you who hate competition as they know they are garbage are toxic and should be removed from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the fuck are you talkin about, did someone not invite you in a group?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Many times people misinterpret hard work for good luck. I have a friend who could grind stuff for hours at a time, yet a lot of people thought him lucky when he had certain pets and other things, completely overlooking the hours he spent getting that stuff.