Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    The challenge has been up with 7.3 (Xylem has around 160m now and was at 116m before i think)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_WLSRQXPZU

That's from 04.04.2017 and the Boss has 160M HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XWbR4FREI

From 08.06.2017 and he has 160M HP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOD1LLAYxkk

From 13.10.2017 and he has 160M HP

No scaling, k?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Did it with 914 ilvl and random gear(some had haste, vers etc) with worst legendaries(well, not worsts but boots and waist) but I followed the instructions from:
    http://www.wowhead.com/havoc-demon-h...fact-challenge

The most important thing for me was changing talents in the phase between Xylem and boss.

Maybe I don't have the source - but he had 160 mln for real when I was fighting with him. Didn't do any screenshots, but you have to believe my words(and his).

EDIT:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=115244/archmage-xylem
    Health: 160,575,744
    The problem with linking the WoWhead entry is that WoWHead seems to have randomly chosen a possible health pool for the boss. If you look up the Imp Mother boss, it has the 93M health pool for Fire mage (although not 91 as I initially wrote).

Also check the poster above me. They linked three Havoc kill vids months apart. Clearly Havoc has to deal with 160M hp as well as Arms. But the person I quoted is saying that Frost DK has to also deal with 160M hp.

@Saverem Taking a cue from them, I can prove you wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJg-e59ASI Video from October 30th. 116M hp Xylem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZNvmUesbI Video from April 3rd. 116M hp Xylem.

Challenges don't scale. It would completely go against the whole statement from Blizzard that the challenges will become easier as you get better gear.

So one of two things is going on: Either you are misremembering (either the class the streamer used, or the health pool the streamer had to deal with) or are lying in a futile attempt to save face despite evidence to the contrary. I should like to give you the benefit of the doubt and call the fallibility of your memory into account rather than accuse you of dishonesty.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The problem with linking the WoWhead entry is that WoWHead seems to have randomly chosen a possible health pool for the boss. If you look up the Imp Mother boss, it has the 93M health pool for Fire mage (although not 91 as I initially wrote).

Also check the poster above me. They linked three Havoc kill vids months apart. Clearly Havoc has to deal with 160M hp as well as Arms. But the person I quoted is saying that Frost DK has to also deal with 160M hp.
    Then I misunderstood your comment. You're right.

10+ Year Old Account

@Saverem Taking a cue from them, I can prove you wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJg-e59ASI Video from October 30th. 116M hp Xylem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZNvmUesbI Video from April 3rd. 116M hp Xylem.

Challenges don't scale. It would completely go against the whole statement from Blizzard that the challenges will become easier as you get better gear.

So one of two things is going on: Either you are misremembering (either the class the streamer used, or the health pool the streamer had to deal with) or are lying in a futile attempt to save face despite evidence to the contrary. I should like to give you the benefit of the doubt and call the fallibility of your memory into account rather than accuse you of dishonesty.
    None of the videos you linked disproved my 2 theories. Neither of those players had 940+ ilvl and neither of them took place in the most recent patch. I was pretty sure it was 160M for the FDK. Asmongold even specifically cried about the number, which is why I remember.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Asmongold even specifically cried about the number, which is why I remember.
    Or you heard "116" and thought it was "160".

The fact you haven't figured this out yet is a tad amusing.

Until you can link a FDK fighting the boss with 160m hp you're wrong.

None of the videos you linked disproved my 2 theories. Neither of those players had 940+ ilvl and neither of them took place in the most recent patch. I was pretty sure it was 160M for the FDK. Asmongold even specifically cried about the number, which is why I remember.
    Yeah, it doesn't scale at all except you have above 940 itemlevel. Sure.

Are you blind? October 30th is 100% the most recent patch. 7.3.2 dropped Oct. 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Or you heard "116" and thought it was "160".

The fact you haven't figured this out yet is a tad amusing.

Until you can link a FDK fighting the boss with 160m hp you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't scale at all except you have above 940 itemlevel. Sure.
    Are you blind? October 30th is 100% the most recent patch. 7.3.2 dropped Oct. 20.
    You guys are forgetting one thing. I have a photographic memory and remember everything perfectly. It was 100% 160M.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You guys are forgetting one thing. I have a photographic memory and remember everything perfectly. It was 100% 160M.
    It's cute that you think photographic memory is a thing. Nonetheless, your word - and your memory - is worth nothing. Provide proof, or admit to being wrong.

Working on this one too, dps doesn't seem to be a problem at i926, probably the highest this character will even get, doubt it will be if i reach the last phase either, it just requires 0 mistakes before it since it's so unforgiving, pulling constant around 800k.

The shimmer phase is pain, but manageable just by taking it slow and killing as many clones as possible.
    Still not sure how the pushback cast works, cause it sometimes seems to instakill you even after the cast is complete and before next even starts when killing a mirror.
    Is there a lasting spell effect immediately inside the sphere after the cast, cause i swear i've let a mirror finish the cast, jump in for the kill before next cast but i get instagibbed after jump. That happened few times but it's all about luck.

Biggest problem i have is with the double jump out of the Comet Storm, is there any macro or bind or something that does double jump to glide, with a single bind?
    Jump only once, Razor Ice instakills, double jump without glide, insta death, press jump accidentally 4 times to get glide but it goes off because of the bind spam and the jump is too short and you land to die. Seems to be really unreliable to get 3-click everytime for me, since i barely play the dh and well jumping isn't a game mechanic anywhere else.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-12-12 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    Working on this one too, dps doesn't seem to be a problem 926, doubt it will be if i reach the last phase either, it just requires 0 mistakes before it since it's so unforgiving, pulling constant around 800k.

The shimmer phase is pain, but manageable just by taking it slow and killing as many clones as possible.
    Still not sure how the pushback cast works, cause it sometimes seems to instakill you even after the cast is complete and before next even starts when killing a mirror.
    Is there a lasting spell effect immediately inside the sphere after the cast, cause i swear i've let a mirror finish the cast, jump in for the kill before next cast but i get instagibbed after jump. That happened few times but it's all about luck.

Biggest problem i have is with the double jump out of the Comet Storm, is there any macro or bind or something that does double jump to glide, with a single bind?
    Jump only once, Razor Ice instakills, double jump without glide, insta death, press jump accidentally 4 times to get glide but it goes off because of the bind spam and the jump is too short and you land to die. Seems to be really unreliable to get 3-click everytime for me, since i barely play the dh and well jumping isn't a game mechanic anywhere else.
    Jump will never kill you unless you're moving forward during it. Stop holding down W, literally double jump and then fel rush is a 100+ full proof way to get out of it.

TLDR: Stop holding W when you jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Jump will never kill you unless you're moving forward during it. Stop holding down W, literally double jump and then fel rush is a 100+ full proof way to get out of it.

TLDR: Stop holding W when you jump.
    Or it's that. Thank you.
    Just need to get an older keyboard that's not so touch sensitive, can't have even a finger resting on the key with this one as it's considered a press.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The shimmer/clone phase should be just one Fel Rush and it's over. Make sure you move to the center when the phase is transitioning and then just rush to the dot on the minimap. No killing clones or running to bubbles needed.

Also, yeah, don't move forward when jumping out of the icicles.

You have a ridiculous amount of leeway in phase 1 if you're running the Demonic build. 100% leech up almost constantly when it matters, and several ways to stop him from casting if you have issues. It's mostly just getting used to the different attacks, once you've seen them it shouldn't be too bad.

Funny thing, though. The boss in Phase 2 can actually crit you with melee attacks. I actually failed an early attempt by simply dying to hits, hah. But it's pretty simple overall. Just make sure you can kill the adds quickly.
    Yeah i was having a hard time finding the shimmer, so i've just kept killing the mirrors. Doesn't seem to be a timer how long you can spend there, so it's all good, at best i killed like 12 mirrors.
    Figured out why though, had view distance in quite minimum for some reason, had to almost stand next to the shimmer to see it.
    Looking at map and stuff requires much more play time with the class to get comfortable with it, i'm just almost tunneling in panic what to press next.

Healing wasn't a problem, even without the eye beam leggo. Had only 2 tries where after the first arcane phase the boss teleports to the otherside of the platform and starts frostbolting me to death, and had eye beam on cd when reaching him. But that's just bad rng. Otherwise i'm almost constantly topped offl, it's the few oneshot mechanics that has no room for error. So far out of all the challenges i've completed every single one just requires that one perfect try where rng doesn't fuck you up in the ass, that's the only annoying part. The challenges could have been about being and playing good with a class or a spec, instead of faceplanting on dps out without even knowing the rotation and throwing in oneshot mechanics that will keep you going until you complete it with no errors. Not really fun in anyway, but hey must have skins. Only thing really actually difficult so far has been the outlaw which even after about 300+ pulls and ilvl 933 still won't die.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-12-13 at 12:14 AM.