Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Antorus mage DPS tricks?

I've seen some great guides out there for mechanics (like http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ist-Raid-Guide or https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2049751747).

Are there any guides on dps tricks? I'm mainly frost (except for portal keeper and Antoran High command).

15+ Year Old Account
    Aman'thul's is fine as an Arcanocrystal replacement, but it's proc isn't that good unless you're in a raid that has all the procs lined up and you can get the empowered version. Same goes with Norg's. They're pretty useless outside of raiding Antorus with the proc guaranteed.

Sheath of Asara and Acrid Catalyst Injector seem to be the best single target DPS trinkets, with Terminus Signaling Beacon being great for AoE since the damage is dealt to each target and not split.

Of course, that's from the trinkets IN Antorus. If you have super high Titanforge on older trinkets, then they would probably still be better.
    BfA Beta Time

I was a little disappointed after receiving Norg's on my frost mage. I guess because of the base mastery the trinket isn't that stellar. An ilvl 945 version is about equivalent to a 930 Sheath of Asara, and a 915 stat/vers stick for ST. I might skip out on using it since the other trinkets I listed are much more consistent. Once more people have the trinkets and the raid buff can become active it will definitely pull ahead though, at least in the Antorus raid.

I'm more wondering about dps tricks on bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Well a few off the top of my head (for fire)

Flame patch build is insane on eonar. My dps is always miles ahead of the next one. On kin garoth you can build a really fat ignite on the vulnerable adds so hold combustion for them and go to the add with the least amount of people on it so your ignite has a chance to tick on them.

Heroic coven, ice block fulminating pulse IMMEDIATELY. That shit is too much damage for mage to handle because of all the other raid wide AOE going on at the same time. Unless you are very certain your healers can handle it it's best to ice block asap. Bonus if you're frost on this fight. More ice blocks.
    Last edited by pkm; 2017-12-06 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sheath and Catalyst on single target fights, Prototype Personnel Decimator and Terminus Signaling Beacon for AoE fights.

Oh lol, man I've had a long week when I read tricks as trinks. Just ignore me for now.
    BfA Beta Time

/logout
    -create new character
    - choose warlock
    - login
    -level to 110
    /profit
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

so I can change my talents every single fight and bore myself to death with a shitty rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fcpremix View Post
    so I can change my talents every single fight and bore myself to death with a shitty rotation?
    Id rather bore myself at the top of the meters than the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Id rather bore myself at the top of the meters than the bottom.
    And you get even more bored when you get benched
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Spec Fire, loot T21 4P, realize you need it to be 30 ilvl over T20 to be somewhat worth equipping. Cry.

Then take the laziest spec ever (Firestarter / Incanter's Flow / Flame On / Unstable Magic / Kindling) on every single boss (spec flamepatch for Eonar if you give a shit) equip belt + bracers, take your best trinkets and go wreck some shit.

So, what's the final verdict on Norgannon's Prowess for Frost? Just equip on Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    /logout
    -create new character
    - choose warlock
    - login
    -level to 110
    /profit
    When I die to no heals and I see warlocks living because they heal for 1/4 of their health every second through their normal rotation...yeh...that gets frustrating.
    Top that with topping meters...lul!

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    And you get even more bored when you get benched
    I wouldn't know I rerolled afflock months ago

When I die to no heals and I see warlocks living because they heal for 1/4 of their health every second through their normal rotation...yeh...that gets frustrating.
    Top that with topping meters...lul!
    On top of having a regenerating damage absorption shield, no less. Even without the Demon Skin talent, having a nearly permanent absorb shield for 15% of their maximum HP that they constantly refresh by DPSing is just super balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    On top of having a regenerating damage absorption shield, no less. Even without the Demon Skin talent, having a nearly permanent absorb shield for 15% of their maximum HP that they constantly refresh by DPSing is just super balanced.
    Shadowpriests have the same mechanic. They arn't overpowered aswell.

I used my lock alt for hc high command and i could easily soak every fusillade with dark pact and (1.4 mil absorb) or unending resolve and if i had mine debuff and took too much dmg i could easily refill my hp by dpsing boss

But yes fire is much stronger with his 478k blazing barrier and his op single target dmg lulz
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Shadowpriests have the same mechanic. They arn't overpowered aswell.
    The SP mechanic is nowhere near as strong. Their absorb shield is smaller than one Power Word: Shield, and it only starts to build up from Vampiric Touch overhealing.

The difference between Afflock self-healing and Shadow Priest self-healing is still huge, even if it's not as huge as the difference between Afflock and mage.

The SP mechanic is nowhere near as strong. Their absorb shield is smaller than one Power Word: Shield, and it only starts to build up from Vampiric Touch overhealing.

The difference between Afflock self-healing and Shadow Priest self-healing is still huge, even if it's not as huge as the difference between Afflock and mage.
    Fire barrier is a meme and the talent is even more stupid, how the hell can you refill something that is gone in 1 hit from a lv110 non elite mob?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Terminus Signaling Beacon is amazing for trash. AoE(and I combine it with combustion, I assume this works) it will do between 11 and 20% of my dps. That is CRAZY since aoe is so strong already, that trinket is really the new Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire for me.

It seems to be harder to use, because for some reasons my ship sometimes dies early(I actually believe this is because I'm deploying it too close to the target) but that may just be me. Anyway, for any trash, and for High Command I am using it. It's fun with db helm on trash. I'd like to start stacking this with rop on trash.

Secondary stat is mastery so it's great for aoe for me, so far.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-12-15 at 02:22 PM.