new monitor: stuck pixels and off center screen issues

So i recently purchased the Dell 27" 1440p 144hz Gsync TN panel S2716DG

Monitor has been great but at times the screen will sometimes shift over so it looks like its not centered just slightly. I am able to fix it by just turning the monitor off and on. In addition, there has been 2 cases where I had stuck pixels one time it was red and just recently when it was green. I was able to get the pixels to work again after touching it lightly with a micro fiber wipe.

Are these signs that I need to return and replace?

Yes, those are signs that you need to return and replace.

But try a different cable first, that's sometimes the problem, a bad hdmi / displayport cable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some trouble with the DP cable that came with the 2716DG so trying a different cable is good advice.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    So i recently purchased the Dell 27" 1440p 144hz Gsync TN panel S2716DG

Monitor has been great but at times the screen will sometimes shift over so it looks like its not centered just slightly. I am able to fix it by just turning the monitor off and on. In addition, there has been 2 cases where I had stuck pixels one time it was red and just recently when it was green. I was able to get the pixels to work again after touching it lightly with a micro fiber wipe.

Are these signs that I need to return and replace?
    Thats why i went with the Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HU insted. The S2716DG just have to many problems if you google it (Meny pixel errors). I was looking at the S2716DG to save some money, but there where just to many people having problems with that monitor, to be worth saving some money.

Return the monitor and have them send you a new one.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Thats why i went with the Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HU insted. The S2716DG just have to many problems if you google it (Meny pixel errors). I was looking at the S2716DG to save some money, but there where just to many people having problems with that monitor, to be worth saving some money.

Return the monitor and have them send you a new one.
    Yea, Im kind of pissed. Something I didnt mention before and that I am starting to notice now is the back light bleed and the "butt cheek" prints... (which I've been told fade away over time)... really?? Yea I'm done with Dell.

What do you guys think of this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-27-Inc...=nixeus+edg+27

It doesn't have Gsync but I dont think it matters if I use Fast Sync right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Im kind of pissed. Something I didnt mention before and that I am starting to notice now is the back light bleed and the "butt cheek" prints... (which I've been told fade away over time)... really?? Yea I'm done with Dell.

What do you guys think of this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-27-Inc...=nixeus+edg+27

It doesn't have Gsync but I dont think it matters if I use Fast Sync right?
    I'd return the display for a new replacement.

In regards to that Nixeus display, depends on if you're sensitive to input lag or not.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627631/n...gaming-monitor

https://www.custompcreview.com/revie...onitor-review/

9.5ms is actually quite fast compared to most others.

If it's an AHVA panel advertised as IPS then you may have issues as all 27" 144hz AHVA panels are made by AUO and have horrible quality control issues, so if you're picky then you have to be willing to 'play the lottery', which means return a few of them until you get an acceptable one.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

First off, do not ever use enything less than DVI or displayport for 144hz. HDMI cannot sustain a refresh rate over 60hz. Never use HDMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    First off, do not ever use enything less than DVI or displayport for 144hz. HDMI cannot sustain a refresh rate over 60hz. Never use HDMI.
    I use a display port. Should I try switching to DVI?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not even DL DVI has enough bandwidth even for the resolution + refreshrate, on top of DP being required for Freesync/G-Sync

Though, you could use DVI to test the screen shift issue.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-12-11 at 08:34 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    No, not even DL DVI has enough bandwidth even for the resolution + refreshrate, on top of DP being required for Freesync/G-Sync

Though, you could use DVI to test the screen shift issue.
    Thats a good point. I wasnt considering 1440p.

- - - Updated - - -

DVI isnt better than displayport.

This worked for me on a couple of monitor's. Worth a try if you're willing to let it run for a while.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/