Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Arrrrrgh ffs, is everyone on drugs?

It's not a choice, it's the optimal way of things. It's just like flying.
    People will always fly if that option is available.
    The same way people will always do LFD becase is the optimal way of things

The world is empty because of it. How can people say otherwise? I dont understand.
    "I want to level my own way, but I also want it to be the most efficient way at the same time."

The sound of someone who wants to have their cake and eat it, too.

Look, either you choose to level quick, or you choose to level the way you want. Stop trying to force things on others because you lack the discipline to play the game how you want, because you are scared you'll lose some sort of race in your head if you hit 60 a few minutes later than if you do it through LFD.

It comes down to "I want to play this way. Therefore everyone else should, too, or I'll feel bad." It's the height of entitlement.

So what is your argument?
    Is it "the game needed to evolve"?

Yeah because we were primitive apes in Vanilla and now we are a new race called humanolongoid.
    You act like english is a 5th language to you so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed the point.
    The point is: new leveling is fine, dungeon finder is fine. You don't see people in duskwood because it's 13 year old content and only autistic roleplayers and the very very odd new character would be in those zones. The changes in 7.3.5 make low level zones more attractive to people outside of their narrow band of levels. No it's not because LFD exists, it's more because questing in any static zone isn't popular because you outlevel a zone's usefulness before the story ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    My suggestion for a compromise is that instances in the Dungeon Finder are locked until you've cleared the instance "manually" at least once.
    A useless addition that would pull lots of people out of LFD and thus make queue times even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    It 100% objectively is. You're saying you can't quest in say, Duskwood, because others choose to level another way, so everyone should be forced to level your way. Grow up. You can stay in Duskwood for years if you want - no one will pull you out of there and into Stormwind and tell you "NO. YOU MUST LFD."

Holy shit Classic enthusiasts are control freaks.

- - - Updated - - -

You can eat soup with a fork. Try it. It's lots of fun.
    Forget the spoon (LFD) spoon is for losers. Lets all eat soup with a fork (leveling in the world).
    Yeah. If you want to try and eat soup with a fork, by all means go ahead and try to do it that way. No one will stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would i level in a way that is 5 times slower?
    Because you fucking want to. Jesus fucking Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Analogy.
    Is it a hard to understand one? Not really, you are just playing dumb on me.
    The difference is soup is almost impossible to eat with a fork.

A more fitting analogy would be using a smaller spoon toe eat soup because leveling through questing is still perfectly viable. However, you have this weird mental drive to compete with other players that don't even want to interact with you, so you lose your shit when someone levels a bit quicker than you by using LFD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah. If you want to try and eat soup with a fork, by all means go ahead and try to do it that way. No one will stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you fucking want to. Jesus fucking Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is soup is almost impossible to eat with a fork.

A more fitting analogy would be using a smaller spoon toe eat soup because leveling through questing is still perfectly viable. However, you have this weird mental drive to compete with other players that don't even want to interact with you, so you lose your shit when someone levels a bit quicker than you by using LFD.
    I'm not trying to force things on others, all i was saying is to consider making Questing to be faster, on par with the insane better alternative that is LFD.

Why dont you understand. It's called "leveling". Leveling is what we are trying to do. We are trying to gain levels. Gaining levels is the objective.
    If there is an optimal, insanely faster way of leveling thats what people will do.
    Is it too much to ask "questing" to be faster like LFD spam is? To at least consider doing it.

questing by itself isn't slower than dungeon grinding, really. What is faster is the ability to do things that are always at the appropriate level without any downtime. I'm averaging 30 mins per level on ptr right now in low level zones that I have no experience with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You don't see people in duskwood because it's 13 year old content
    Plenty of level 20's and 30's in Stormwind though. I wonder what they are doing there instead of Duskwood

I'm not trying to force things on others, all i was saying is to consider making Questing to be faster, on par with the insane better alternative that is LFD.

Why dont you understand. It's called "leveling". Leveling is what we are trying to do. We are trying to gain levels. Gaining levels is the objective.
    If there is an optimal, insanely faster way of leveling thats what people will do.
    Is it too much to ask "questing" to be faster like LFD spam is?
    Make up your mind on what you want.

You say you want to level by questing. So do that.

But you don't want to do it because it's not as fast as LFD. Then don't do that and level through LFD instead.

But no, you want other people to conform to what you personally want, and that I can't stand. It's so childish. How is how you level not a choice? Because Pete, who started his character at the same time as you might hit level 50 like an hour earlier because he spams LFDs? Who even cares about how fast you level? It's not a race.

Unless you are in a hurry to hit level cap, in which case you'll take anything that's quicker, but that's not what you claim to want: you claim to want to walk around and smell the flowers, so go do it and stop being a control freak.

Deleted
    Make up your mind on what you want.

You say you want to level by questing. So do that.

But you don't want to do it because it's not as fast as LFD. Then don't do that and level through LFD instead.

But no, you want other people to conform to what you personally want, and that I can't stand. It's so childish. How is how you level not a choice? Because Pete, who started his character at the same time as you might hit level 50 like an hour earlier because he spams LFDs? Who even cares about how fast you level? It's not a race.

Unless you are in a hurry to hit level cap, in which case you'll take anything that's quicker, but that's not what you claim to want: you claim to want to walk around and smell the flowers, so go do it and stop being a control freak.
    Look, this is all pointless in the end. I don't even know why i am here arguing.
    All i want is to do quests in the world and encounter other players doing the same thing AND finding players of the other faction to pvp with.
    Coming BfA PvP will be disabled for low levels so worldpvp will be dead anyway. So this is all pointless.
    Even more pointless because LFD will still exist in the end and people will choose that over questing, so the world will be empty anyways.

Look, this is all pointless in the end. I don't even know why i am here arguing.
    All i want is to do quests in the world and encounter other players doing the same thing AND finding players of the other faction to pvp with.
    Coming BfA PvP will be disabled for low levels so worldpvp will be dead anyway. So this is all pointless.
    Even more pointless because LFD will still exist in the end and people will choose that over questing, so the world will be empty anyways.
    Have fun on Classic realms then.

Plenty of level 20's and 30's in Stormwind though. I wonder what they are doing there instead of Duskwood
    Alliance capital city.
    But keep on beating your dead horse

It 100% objectively is. You're saying you can't quest in say, Duskwood, because others choose to level another way, so everyone should be forced to level your way. Grow up. You can stay in Duskwood for years if you want - no one will pull you out of there and into Stormwind and tell you "NO. YOU MUST LFD."

Holy shit Classic enthusiasts are control freaks.
    My young spunky friend, I was being facetious.

But that's OK, I won't let your diatribe ruin Christmas for me. (Although calling me a 'classic enthusiast' is a bit off. No need for that kind of language).

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    My young spunky friend, I was being facetious.

But that's OK, I won't let your diatribe ruin Christmas for me. (Although calling me a 'classic enthusiast' is a bit off. No need for that kind of language).
    Hey, sorry, okay. But to be fair, there are people that think that LFD is mandatory for real because it's quicker. Consider that diatribe aimed at anyone who unironically believes it instead.

LFG is there as an optional tool like instant X service. Why worry about what other people are doing with their time? You're leveling your own character, as they are.

You'd rather sit in a major city and spam chat over and over again for a tank or heals or one more dps to run XYZ dungeon for an hour or three? And then wait another hourish for everyone to fly, boat, run to the dungeon entrance. All so you can run a 5 man that takes 15-10min to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Noone said the game was bad, stop introducing your lack of comprehension as talking points
    Like I said the game was RISING in popularity throughout vanilla and into TBC and wrath without all these features.
    You keep trying to counter but keep failing.

Anyway todays game is changed and different mechanics, rewards and incentives will have to be used to get people out in the world. Removing LFG by itself isn't going to fix that.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-12-12 at 10:12 AM.

WOW has hit a point in it's life cycle now that the adventure matters a lot less than destination. For better or worse you cannot reverse it now.

Can't wait for a true Vanilla experience is available for these people so they can stop making shitty post about live. Honestly I think level cap boosts should be like 5 dollars, because leveling is pointless, boring shit, ffs 2 days /played nets a 930 toon pre-antorus. As someone who had fun in vanilla, hated cata, I don't wanna level anymore via quests or dungeons, I just give 0 fucks about anything that isn't endgame funzies.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Sadly that is the world we live in for the moment. To many people are just not happy to "live and let live" they want everyone to be exactly like them or they are not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I really don't get how does it hurt ANYONE that some dude somewhere levels through spamming dungeon queue, battleground queue, pet battles or picking peacebloom on the panda turtle island. WOW offers options. Sadly we have too many homemade despots that think only their chosen option is right and everyone else is wrong and their options should be taken away from them and they should be forced into one right way to do things (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Rainal View Post
    Nerf the bonus experience forcing others to stray away from dungeon finder.

This may be a good option, and help guide players into the world. Yet it still gives this afk feel. You sit in the dungeon and spam. Go grab some ramen noodles while you wait 5 minutes and boom guess what queu pop!
    There's no reason to do this because they're increasing the amount of exp needed so you need 50-70% more exp per level from 1-60. So really the whole point of this is pretty stupid in theory.