Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    My passport and birth certificate all say born in the USA. And my parents are US citizens, so your point is moot. DACA covers anyone brought in illegally until the age of 16. Quit pretending these are all infants. If you came over at 13 and didn’t know the country you lived in for the previous 13 years is where you were born, you’re retarded.

I’m interested in the law. Not your own version of morality that’s as thought out as a 14 year old’s manifesto. Either Obama wasn’t a “constitutional scholar” when he said he lacked the authority or he violated the constitution to create a political hand grenade. Either way, what he did was legally wrong. No one asked anyone to violate the law to come to America.
    It's super awesome your world is so black and white - must be great to live in a reality where details don't matter. You are literally what's wrong with the country.

In the real world, where the rest of us live, the DACA issue is huge and complicated and difficult - even at it's best. But you just keep on truckin' with your awesome bigotry and forgot about kids who've never known another country, who in some cases didn't even know they weren't born here, and literally have no where to go back to - because they aren't from where they were born.

15+ Year Old Account
    My passport and birth certificate all say born in the USA. And my parents are US citizens, so your point is moot. DACA covers anyone brought in illegally until the age of 16. Quit pretending these are all infants. If you came over at 13 and didn’t know the country you lived in for the previous 13 years is where you were born, you’re retarded.

I’m interested in the law. Not your own version of morality that’s as thought out as a 14 year old’s manifesto. Either Obama wasn’t a “constitutional scholar” when he said he lacked the authority or he violated the constitution to create a political hand grenade. Either way, what he did was legally wrong. No one asked anyone to violate the law to come to America.
    He did it due to millions of children outside of their control were due to be deported. The OLC in the DOJ said it is legal to have DACA as long as the government analyzes them on a case by case basis, which has been a success.

Well if you want to talk about legality it is up in the air and would have to be settled in courts as with the Muslim ban case shows the president has rather a wide range of powers about who can and cannot stay here especially in terms of deportation. While it is not within his power to grants them a path to citizenship that falls to congress providing them to immunity is up for debate. Obama being a constitutional scholar here is irrelevant it would ultimately be up to the supreme court to decide and historically they tend to side with the president on these matters.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get off calling me a bigot? I couldn't care less what their skin color, cuisine of choice, fictitious deity of choice, or sexual preferences or proclivities are. There's nothing bigoted about my opinion. Nor did I advocate against a form of amnesty. Just that unilateral action on behalf of the President is unconstitutional, and an open door policy isn't sustainable nor is it desirable. Over 50% of our immigrant population is on welfare. It's in America's best interest to bring in people who make America better, not those who want to take.

Please don't call me a bigot because you lack the skill set to consider opinions other than your own.
    It's not my fault you're a bigot - I didn't make you one - your own personal choices and opinions did.

Everything about your opinion is bigoted - and now we're upping your charms to liar as well. While you did not "advocate against a form of amnesty" you immediately dismiss DACA, which is a form of amnesty - and a brilliant one at that. Hence, liar.

My claim against your character is further bolstered by your own statements. Do you have stats for such a bullshit statement that 50% of immigrants are on welfare? And how are the people currently seeking immigration not making America better?

So before you try to be something you're not, pay attention to what you're saying - because you're a bigot and a liar, and we all know it.

Infracted - attacking others is not productive
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-12 at 02:48 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've reported you for insults and no longer wish to engage with you. Please cease any more name calling.
    Report whatever you like - I'm not calling you names, I'm accurately labeling you. It's not my fault - it's yours. Here's an example in case it's not clear:

Roy Moore sexually assaulted a 14-year-old. Is him being a pedophile my fault? Am I to blame in any way for accurately labeling what he's done? Exactly.

And I also fully admire your inability to address the real issues. Why isn't DACA an amnesty program like you claim it's not? Where is your evidence of 50% of immigrants being on welfare?

If you can't engage in the real issues, I don't know why you even bother posting.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've reported you for insults and no longer wish to engage with you. Please cease any more name calling.
    Do you need a safe space?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no lack of empathy. Quit putting words in my mouth and think about how this policy is in anyway sustainable. There's the rule of law we all adhere to and this document called the Constitution. The same document you guys want to toss aside so you can implement speech codes and only allow people to say what you deem acceptable.

Of course I empathize with someone who prefers to live in the United States to anywhere in Latin America or China (just using this as an example). I'm saying the United States is objectively better than living in pretty much any other nation outside of Canada, the UK, France, Germany the Nordic countries, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. I'm not pretending every nation and culture is equal. There's a reason millions flock to these countries and not North Korea or Somalia.

But that doesn't mean I drop all reason and logic and pretend we can let millions of unskilled migrants freely enter our nation and setup residence while we feed half of them. Quit assuming I'm a bad/mean person just because I'm an adult and realize we don't live in Star Trek's 24th century or that some Unicorn version of Marx can happen after a protest on the national mall.
    You didn’t answer my question. If you found your parents lied to you, would you deport yourself?

I get the feeling that whenever something goes wrong for the Republicans, someone yells "Clinton!" and they pull out the pitchforks... I mean, if 8 hearings couldn't do anything to her, she's still enough of a scapegoat to taint anything that remotely touches her?

Still waiting for the "Clinton lived in the White House, too!" accusation when Trump gets ejected...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a stupid question, I served in the US Army as a commissioned officer. I had a Top Secret clearance. I know where I was born. You're pretending that the majority of children are brought over as infants. Do you have anything to support this? You can't argue an intelligent position, so you're pretending people magically find out they're hear illegally. "My mother and father don't speak english, I know my grandparents and family live in a foreign country, I remember hiding in the back of a truck with 200 other people for 4 days, but it never occurred to me I might be an illegal immigrant!" But yes, I would contact the appropriate authorities, and figure out where my English exclusive speaking parents who were raised in Ohio and Father and Grandfather who both fought in WW2 and Vietnam respectively yet never earned citizenship originated from, and I would start the process to leave the United States assuming my personal claim was denied. I certainly wouldn't demand free stuff and pretend I have a right to be here as the people who legally entered and pay taxes.

But please, continue the absurd scenario that applies to 1 person to try to make an argument you're obviously unable to make without resulting to absurdities.

Now answer my question. What about the other 99.999999999% of illegal immigrants this absurd scenario doesn't apply to.
    You still haven't answered the question. What if you found out you weren't born in the United States? Would you deport yourself?

(btw - I love that you can't handle the truth but you continue to insult others - "stupid question" from above - or were you just calling something what it was? )

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-top-aide.html

Boy, it's great that we have a unbias, objective law enforcement investigative organization investigating our political leadership for corruption and wrong doing.....right?
    Fox News... come back when you have a serious source.

There's the rule of law we all adhere to and this document called the Constitution. The same document you guys want to toss aside so you can implement speech codes and only allow people to say what you deem acceptable.
    That's already the case. Obscenity laws have allowed the government to regulate speech that offends the public morality since the Constitution was written.

Where's your crusade against obscenity laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I answered it on the 5th line into the 6th.
    Have you turned yourself in for all the crimes youve committed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is this infracted? Maybe the mods should stop defending bigots and trolls on here.
    Personal attacks, even if demonstrably true, are not allowed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I answered it on the 5th line into the 6th.
    No, you didn't. But whatever you want to think. For a "commissioned officer", you're a little sensitive to criticism, so I don't want to call you out again. Let us know when you want to actually address the issues - we'll be waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is this infracted? Maybe the mods should stop defending bigots and trolls on here.
    I'm not sure - I put in an appeal. Not sure why accurately labeling someone is considered an infraction.