Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Soundbar for PC ?

I just found out that Samsung offers curved Soundbars and i wonder if they useful on a PC.

Thats my Setup atm.

Since i got alot space under my curved 34 inch Screen i thought i would look awesome to have a curved Soundbar in silver on the big Stand resting.

Whats your thoughts on this ? and thanks for your time and help.

Don't know anything about sound bars, but that's a real neat cozy place for playing video games.

I know Creative, Razer and Bose also offer a sound bar that can work with your PC. I would expect them to be better overall quality for PC gaming. Samsung, while generally a good brand, has never been known for outstanding audio quality.

Sound BlasterX Katana

Razer Leviathan

Bose has several options, easier to just go there if you're willing to spend that kind of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Don't know anything about sound bars, but that's a real neat cozy place for playing video games.
    Thank you <3.

I think it's a good idea and was going to do it myself.

I think the samsung would be fine... as would those other two they linked. Especially the Soundblaster one if you're into the RGB thing. Although I don't put any stock in the word "Gaming". If you're happy with your soundbar's quality while watching movies, I don't know why you'd not be just as happy while gaming... so I'd go for price at that point.

Semi off-topic, I had it up to my ears with wires. I figure I need headphones for multiplayer, so I have a really nice pair of wireless headphones. For speakers I just picked up one of those little bluetooth portable speakers. They sound like tin and i'm in the market for a better set, but at least there are no wires running all over the place to a bunch of speakers.

I guess I could do the same thing with a soundbar (at much better quality)... which is why I considered a soundbar for a while. I just ended up deciding that I had my headphones on half the time anyway, so money better spent elsewhere.

Personally I would avoid it. Get a nice set of monitors instead. I'm not a fan of the artificial sound shaping being done by sound bars to emulate "surround sound". You would get a much MUCH better sound stage setting up a couple good monitors instead.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Slightly off topic question but what gpu are you using to drive that monitor? And which one is it if you dont mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Slightly off topic question but what gpu are you using to drive that monitor? And which one is it if you dont mind my asking?
    Samsung C34F791 is the Monitor and the GPU is a MSI 1080 Armour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that thing is significantly wider than your monitor. Do you have the dimensions of it (the soundbar)?

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Personally I would avoid it. Get a nice set of monitors instead. I'm not a fan of the artificial sound shaping being done by sound bars to emulate "surround sound". You would get a much MUCH better sound stage setting up a couple good monitors instead.
    +++
    Good monitors with a propper stereo allignment are really hard to beat. I don't really get hifi marketing and why its still works, because the professional standard are monitors and they are cheaper and much better than the consumer trash you see everywhere with big brand names.

If size and form is all you care for, I cant help you.
    -

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    +++
    Good monitors with a propper stereo allignment are really hard to beat. I don't really get hifi marketing and why its still works, because the professional standard are monitors and they are cheaper and much better than the consumer trash you see everywhere with big brand names.

If size and form is all you care for, I cant help you.
    What these dudes said.

If all you care about are aesthetics and not sound quality, then fine, go for the sound bar.

If you care about the quality of your audio? Studio monitors! A subwoofer to go along will also benefit you.

For reference, I have a pair of Presonus Eris E5 (which can get STUPID loud) paired with a KRK 10S subwoofer. Everyone who hears them wants the setup. :P It makes the music sound like it's actually being played in front of you. No matter the style, from metal to classical, it will sound incredible, and these will also last much longer and can get much louder without being blown out!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I know Creative, Razer and Bose also offer a sound bar that can work with your PC. I would expect them to be better overall quality for PC gaming. Samsung, while generally a good brand, has never been known for outstanding audio quality.

-snip
    No shortage of irony in you calling those brands quality while calling out samsung for lacking, let alone you even mouthing Razer when speaking on anything audio quality.

As long as the sound bar you pickup is active, overwhelming majority are, you'll have zero issues hooking it up to your PC.

Sound bars are convenience and ascetic. While you can opt for one from a true audio brand, it'll cost an insanely pretty penny compared to equivalent monitors. That's your call though.

Stay away from Razer in regards to anything audio related unless you find some amazing deal that makes it cheap, because that is what Razer audio products are. They are cheap.

Bose sound bars are expensive, branding and all, and deliver less than equivalent costing competitors.

Beyond that, anything is fair game. Whatever you are looking for in a sound bar, set a budget, find products that fit that budget and check reviews on said products. While I'm not a fan of wireless audio, or sound bars.. for something casual and if there's a decent sale, that wireless 2.1 setup from samsung would probably be great. They've generally highly reviewed by buyers, and seem to maintain a good level of owner satisfaction.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    No shortage of irony in you calling those brands quality while calling out Samsung for lacking, let alone you even mouthing Razer when speaking on anything audio quality.
    He asked for soundbar suggestions, and I gave some. If you want to be an uppity dickhead about it, do so somewhere else. I wasn't praising these as "the best ever" or anything close to that. But having experience hearing Samsung, Bose, and the Razer in person, Samsung was without a doubt the worst of the three. They were squeaky, and overly pitchy. Much like monitor speakers are, and if you don't know how to tune them properly they'll never be as nice as something designed for ease of use. Seeing as he is asking about buying a soundbar for PC gaming, I doubt he is an audiophile. Being a hater on brand that you don't like, doesn't make them not quality product. Everything I've ever used or experienced with Bose was outstanding right out of the box, without any tuning needed.

I suggest going to someplace where you can test them out, or buy from Amazon. The return process is always easy if you don't like something.

I don't mean to sound dickish but do people who live with others actually use speakers when playing games? Besides the sound of the game, I assume I'm not the only one who listens to music and Youtube videos when they play games and I don't think I'd be comfortable with everyone in the house listening to what I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't mean to sound dickish but do people who live with others actually use speakers when playing games? Besides the sound of the game, I assume I'm not the only one who listens to music and Youtube videos when they play games and I don't think I'd be comfortable with everyone in the house listening to what I am.
    Every circumstance is different. I use headphones plugged into a dac/amp 90% of the time, but when there is nobody else home I enjoy taking them off and just enjoying my monitors. I don't have anything special for monitors, just a pair of M-Audio AV-40s, but I love the way they sound. I can't go back to pc speakers after those.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Living in a big house 3 rooms or 40 meter between me an the next living beeing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What these dudes said.

If all you care about are aesthetics and not sound quality, then fine, go for the sound bar.

If you care about the quality of your audio? Studio monitors! A subwoofer to go along will also benefit you.

For reference, I have a pair of Presonus Eris E5 (which can get STUPID loud) paired with a KRK 10S subwoofer. Everyone who hears them wants the setup. :P It makes the music sound like it's actually being played in front of you. No matter the style, from metal to classical, it will sound incredible, and these will also last much longer and can get much louder without being blown out!
    I know Studios are great a friend makes some music and own a pair but i find them to big for a desktop and iam looking for something aesthetic and another friend owns a Samsung soundbar that doesnt sound to bad for 150€.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    No shortage of irony in you calling those brands quality while calling out samsung for lacking, let alone you even mouthing Razer when speaking on anything audio quality.

As long as the sound bar you pickup is active, overwhelming majority are, you'll have zero issues hooking it up to your PC.

Sound bars are convenience and ascetic. While you can opt for one from a true audio brand, it'll cost an insanely pretty penny compared to equivalent monitors. That's your call though.

Stay away from Razer in regards to anything audio related unless you find some amazing deal that makes it cheap, because that is what Razer audio products are. They are cheap.

Bose sound bars are expensive, branding and all, and deliver less than equivalent costing competitors.

Beyond that, anything is fair game. Whatever you are looking for in a sound bar, set a budget, find products that fit that budget and check reviews on said products. While I'm not a fan of wireless audio, or sound bars.. for something casual and if there's a decent sale, that wireless 2.1 setup from samsung would probably be great. They've generally highly reviewed by buyers, and seem to maintain a good level of owner satisfaction.
    Was looking for a good offer i dont want to spend more than 200€ on the soundbar.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I'd imagine that thing is significantly wider than your monitor. Do you have the dimensions of it (the soundbar)?
    Its a bit bigger as the screen around 10cm (4 inch) on each side.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-12 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Its a bit bigger as the screen around 10cm (4 inch) on each side.
    Ugh... It's not made to fit the monitor? Now that's just gross...

Sounds like it's really aimed more at people with curved Samsung TVs. I would have at least said it would look good if it matched our 34" curved monitors, no? ewwwww...
    "A flower.

Thanks for all your responses, looks like i will keep my speakers a bit longer.
    Maybe i go monitor if i find a pair that dont take half of my deskspace.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice pair of 3 inch studio monitors would still work well!

Any chance of getting a bigger desk?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A nice pair of 3 inch studio monitors would still work well!

Any chance of getting a bigger desk?
    Nah, already got 2 desks and having one big and one small desk wouldnt look good and 2 big desks would mean i need new furniture.