Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    But it seems that the Upgrade Token can only dropp if you killed Argus before.
    My Alt killed Argus this week for the first time but don't get a Token, while my 3 "Mains" all got one.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2017-12-08 at 09:48 AM.

Correct, I think the argus upgrade item only drops after your 2nd+ kill. I killed it my first time this week on normal with alts and didn't receive any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Correct, I think the argus upgrade item only drops after your 2nd+ kill. I killed it my first time this week on normal with alts and didn't receive any.
    I confirm; got my first Argus kill today (and the trinket caster on a frost mage, woohoo) and didn't get the item to upgrade the trinket yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a bad luck protection on the trinkets (Normal and Legendary) or if they are a "fixed" set of drops and people can't get double? Wandering if I have to wait 10 weeks, while other get the trinket again and again and again.
    I'm dying to know this as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I'm dying to know this as well!
    23 man group both weeks, 3 one week, 1 the next. So far doesn't seem so, and if that's the case, some of us may never see one. Great stuff there blizz, but at least we'll have 12 upgrade items to upgrade our imaginary trinket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    23 man group both weeks, 3 one week, 1 the next. So far doesn't seem so, and if that's the case, some of us may never see one. Great stuff there blizz, but at least we'll have 12 upgrade items to upgrade our imaginary trinket!
    We did both weeks 2 split runs with 30, the first week we got 1 out of 30 in both raids, the 2nd week we got 3 and 2.

Obviously with such small numbers its hard to give an accurate answer since RNG is too high, but I think you were VERY lucky the first week to get 3 out of 23, and this week you have to consider you actually got 1 out of 20 (since 3 already have them). I think the next 2 weeks will actually help us understand if there is some BLP or not, but keep in mind that even if there is BLP, it's probably not coded so that in few weeks everyone gets a trinket for sure. The trinket % is probably around 5-7% after a kill, and if that % gets higher after every kill, it's probably not more than 5-8%. I'd imagine they do want to give everyone a safe chance at the trinket, but not before 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    We did both weeks 2 split runs with 30, the first week we got 1 out of 30 in both raids, the 2nd week we got 3 and 2.

Obviously with such small numbers its hard to give an accurate answer since RNG is too high, but I think you were VERY lucky the first week to get 3 out of 23, and this week you have to consider you actually got 1 out of 20 (since 3 already have them). I think the next 2 weeks will actually help us understand if there is some BLP or not, but keep in mind that even if there is BLP, it's probably not coded so that in few weeks everyone gets a trinket for sure. The trinket % is probably around 5-7% after a kill, and if that % gets higher after every kill, it's probably not more than 5-8%. I'd imagine they do want to give everyone a safe chance at the trinket, but not before 4-5 months.
    At which point they're useless anyway. Should have never bothered with them if they weren't going to do a better system.

But if there is some BLP, it wont show up after 2 tries... You do know its still RNG?
    You do know there is ppl that got a legendery drop on the first kill (my alt got on first rare kill when he hit 110 when legenderys was 110+)
    So only cuase ppl get it first week and not second, there could be BLP... We just dont have enough DATA to "know"
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    You mean with the RNG legendaries?

Have fun farming MC for 6 months while another guild only farmed it for 2 and is now ahead of you in terms of progression. Half the guilds probably won’t even have 1 by the time the next raid comes out.

Vanilla had fucking garbage systems. Anyone who says “oh but classic wow was better with their systems!!” doesn’t have a clue. Is this trinket system bad? Yes, unless they give us upgrade tokens even if we don’t get the trinket.

But comparing this to vanilla and then saying vanilla is better? Lmao.

I do wish the whole trinket thing was better than this because of what Ion said with the data mining. Made me kinda interested to see what we’d have to do to get the legendary but it’s just a rare person drop which is pretty bad. At least next expac we don’t have to deal with this RNG legendary bull.
    I distinctly remember my guild being salty as hell during MC because the other guild on horde we were competing with got 4 thunderfurys before AQ40 opened and we didn't even get one completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I distinctly remember my guild being salty as hell during MC because the other guild on horde we were competing with got 4 thunderfurys before AQ40 opened and we didn't even get one completed.
    It was like this for a while, tbh. Right up until wotlk I guess. There were guilds in BC going into sunwell with like 3-4 sets of glaives while other guilds had 0-1. The random RNG legendary system is god-awful which is why I'd be amazed if Aman'Thul's didn't have some sort of BLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    But if there is some BLP, it wont show up after 2 tries... You do know its still RNG?
    You do know there is ppl that got a legendery drop on the first kill (my alt got on first rare kill when he hit 110 when legenderys was 110+)
    So only cuase ppl get it first week and not second, there could be BLP... We just dont have enough DATA to "know"
    It should have never been RNG, it should have been like the trinket from Archie. If the whole raid doesn't have it within a month or two its basically useless.

It should have never been RNG, it should have been like the trinket from Archie. If the whole raid doesn't have it within a month or two its basically useless.
    But how can we know that there isnt some blp-system that prevents it? We dont know if everyone gonna get it before a month right?
    But why is it useless if whole raid dont get it before?
    Is it the same with high TF set-parts? Useless if you dont get it early?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

But how can we know that there isnt some blp-system that prevents it? We dont know if everyone gonna get it before a month right?
    But why is it useless if whole raid dont get it before?
    Is it the same with high TF set-parts? Useless if you dont get it early?
    Because within a month or two progression is over for most guilds, getting BiS afterwards means zip.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If they want world quests to be relevant why don't they just do what they did in MoP where world quests gave you a currency to either use at a vendor or to buy bonus rolls with. Titanforging is ridiculous.
    Cause then people would complain that they were "forced" to do them, like they did in MoP. I'm sure you remember that shitshow. The backlash was so brutal Blizz practically removed dailies in WoD.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Because within a month or two progression is over for most guilds, getting BiS afterwards means zip.
    Like it always been? So whats diffrent with just this trinket compared to other drops?

Like it always been? So whats diffrent with just this trinket compared to other drops?
    Because the whole point of them is having many in the raid? Their WHOLE reason to exist is to be raid wide.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Cause then people would complain that they were "forced" to do them, like they did in MoP. I'm sure you remember that shitshow. The backlash was so brutal Blizz practically removed dailies in WoD.
    How are world quests not required in Legion with the Artifact power, legendary upgrade things, and emissary chests having highest chance of getting legendary, and titan-forging possibility of gear?

Because the whole point of them is having many in the raid? Their WHOLE reason to exist is to be raid wide.
    Ya and more and more will get it? But complain that you need BiS to progress.... then we have a bigger problem imo.
    Should we complain that all didnt have CoF within the first month? Or that high TF tier pieces thats BiS too?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How are world quests not required in Legion with the Artifact power, legendary upgrade things, and emissary chests having highest chance of getting legendary, and titan-forging possibility of gear?
    There's other ways to get AP, you only need 3-4 WQ a day for your legendary upgrades from emissaries. What was it in MoP? 1k valor points, 5 per quest? 200 dailies per week per toon. Compared to 21-28. I suppose saying you aren't required to do as many would be more appropriate, rather than not required at all.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Ya and more and more will get it? But complain that you need BiS to progress.... then we have a bigger problem imo.
    Should we complain that all didnt have CoF within the first month? Or that high TF tier pieces thats BiS too?
    This is different then either one of those though, but if you can't see that, well i'm done arguing.