Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Germany tried to conquer Europe twice by using the military approach (in recent history) -- and failed. Then they tried it by using a tool known as EU -- and succeeded.

Edit. Russia played a more important role than US in stopping Germany in WW2.
    Wrong! Germany would have successfully invaded England and later the Soviet Union if not for the lend-lease act. The US gave England, the Soviet Union, and China nearly a trillion dollars (in today's dollars) worth of supplies. Stop being ignorant and learn history.

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    clean up after your own mess. Do you not understand that concept? the USA produced this outcome with the korean war. Now they want japan, SK and china to deal with it. but taking responsibility was never the strength of the so called world police. And then guys like you come around and call it bipolar when somebody points this out. Quite funny I think.
    That still doesn’t change the fact that everyone in the world doesn’t want the USA to do anything one minute and then turns around and wants them to do EVERYTHING the next. It has nothing to do with whether the USA caused something or not, but has everything to do with the rest of the world wanting the best of both worlds while still bitching about it in the process.

Like I said, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. So make up your fucking bilpolar minds about it or STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    The US gave England, the Soviet Union, and China nearly a trillion dollars (in today's dollars) worth of supplies.
    A shopowner's victory, by canned meat. So touching.

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    clean up after your own mess. Do you not understand that concept? the USA produced this outcome with the korean war. Now they want japan, SK and china to deal with it. but taking responsibility was never the strength of the so called world police. And then guys like you come around and call it bipolar when somebody points this out. Quite funny I think.
    You know... the sides in the Korean War was the UN and then N. Korea/China/USSR right? You also realized that it was the North Koreans that started it? What should the rest of the WORLD have done? Just let N. Korea waltz in and take over? You know this N. Korea that was a setup puppet of the USSR after WW2? The N. Korea that would not have existed except the same as Eastern Germany and Europe had it not been for Stalin and his policies?

Rewriting history about Korea are we?

Who thought it was a good idea to put the capital of your country with over half your population right next to the border of your enemy aiming thousands of missiles at you?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Who thought it was a good idea to put the capital of your country with over half your population right next to the border of your enemy aiming thousands of missiles at you?
    Maybe look up history instead of throwing around useless shit. It was the capital before the korean war.

Seoul predates the current geopolitical situation by centuries. It was the southern capital of Goryeo by the 11th century, and became the primary capital of the Joseon Dynasty until the creation of the modern Korean state.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Maybe look up history instead of throwing around useless shit. It was the capital before the korean war.
    I meant why did they double down and keep developing there instead of moving?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    US would still destroy them so no worries. How much experience does China have in warfare the last 50 years? Not much after getting destroyed by japan in the Second Sino Japanese War.
    More than you might think:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China

The Chinese understand that they have weaknesses and are working hard to overcome them.

Here in the US, we think we're invincible, even though we spend hundreds of billions on ships and planes that don't work and can't win wars against conservative Islamic hillbillies with no tanks, planes, or missiles.
    Impeach the MF.

I meant why did they double down and keep developing there instead of moving?
    Why didn't the Americans move their capital further inland after the White House burned in the War of 1812?

It's not always an option to just abandon a city, especially if it has millions of people and is a major economic/cultural hub.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US is controlled by a certain Lobby, I hope China comes to power sooner or later, this world needs to change, the US Lobby is way to blood thirsty, and it is getting worser each year...

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Yeah why would a totalitarian, Communist regime ever want to do bad things?
    the fact that you think China is a totalitarian state is funny enough LMAO.

I'll tell you a little secret, make sure not to share it with anyone else: it's not. It's a dictatorship. Very, VERY far away from being a totalitarian state. The simple fact that any Chinese person can up and leave whenever the fuck he wishes to should be enough indication of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    The US is controlled by a certain Lobby, I hope China comes to power sooner or later, this world needs to change, the US Lobby is way to blood thirsty, and it is getting worser each year...
    Let me guess, the "Jewish Lobby"? Yes, everything is the Jews' fault. That tired old polemic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Let me guess, the "Jewish Lobby"? Yes, everything is the Jews' fault. That tired old polemic...
    Didn't say the word "Jewish" now, did I? I said "Lobby".

Didn't say the word "Jewish" now, did I? I said "Lobby".
    You're flying the Circassian flag as your avatar, and your location mentions "Istanbul".

Let me guess...Circassian Muslim?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're flying the Circassian flag as your avatar, and your location mentions "Istanbul".

Let me guess...Circassian Muslim?
    Why are you targeting my race/religion now? Get on topic or please stay away, bloody hell people nowadays...

Why are you targeting my race/religion now? Get on topic or please stay away, bloody hell people nowadays...
    You brought up Jews as controlling the US. And now you're crying about someone mentioning your background/bias?

10+ Year Old Account
    You brought up Jews as controlling the US. And now you're crying about someone mentioning your background/bias?
    Again let me quote my self "The US is controlled by a certain Lobby", they can be atheists they can also be very rich people, again, I did not say "Jewish people". Please move on, or I'm going to ignore you from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    More than you might think:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China

The Chinese understand that they have weaknesses and are working hard to overcome them.

Here in the US, we think we're invincible, even though we spend hundreds of billions on ships and planes that don't work and can't win wars against conservative Islamic hillbillies with no tanks, planes, or missiles.
    We did win the war.

We came very close to losing the insurgency and the entire world is still feeling the repercussions of it.

Regarding the EU, France was after Germany to form the EU since shortly after WW2 to be a direct check against American economic might and Russia at their doorstep. Germany kept refusing because they didn't want a state where they'd have to deal with the same economic woes as gave rise to the Nazis in WW2. Sadly they failed completely in this which is how you got things like the Greek debt crisis and multiple member states that shouldn't have been let in under the rules of the EU charter.

Honestly the best way to fix it is actually to have total European Integration to basically make the United European States under rules similar to what we have here in the USA where frankly if they could CA and Texas would LOVE to stop paying for all the problems in Mississippi.

Regarding the Chinese expansion. Their purchase of media conglomerates isn't really that big a deal or worrisome, what's a bigger problem is their soft power extension into former vassal/colonial areas that have been borderline abandoned by Europe and the USA. China sending doctors and engineers into places like Chad, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba and the list goes on and on.

The fact is that most of the developed world is locking itself out of their natural resources - whether for good or ill. Meanwhile the developing world is more than willing to use their natural resources to attempt to buy a better life for their citizenry. China will have access to these resources before other more developed nations because they were helping the most and the most recently.

Also in more cynical terms, any dictatorship - which is most of the developing world since a dictatorship is almost always a highly stable government - is going to love learning how to control information in the way the Chinese have over their Internet.

Anyway more than anything our current administration is eroding our Asian - as well as worldwide - leadership than China is coming close to challenging us militarily. If America wanted to right now we could start taking out the man made atols in the South China Sea under the banner of protecting allied territorial interests and China would probably go along with it rather than risk losing their largest investor and trading partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure a lot of Americans who voted for the moron in the White House did that because he said he was a great negotiator as per fucking a fake reality tv show.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis