Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    Again let me quote my self "The US is controlled by a certain Lobby", they can be atheists they can also be very rich people, again, I did not say "Jewish people". Please move on, or I'm going to ignore you from now on.
    Yeah, sure. I know what you meant. You know what you meant. Pointing out your background just confirms it.

Certain areas of the world are rife with conspiracy theories about "the evil Jews", after all. I understand it's uncomfortable having someone point out that your view falls in line with caricatures/stereotypes, but them's the breaks. Not naming them, just saying "certain areas".

I'm also not calling you an anti-Semite....but a "certain poster" is being an anti-Semite.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-12-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://thehill.com/opinion/internati...-power-in-asia

Kind of strange if you think about it. The U.S. is spending like what? 4 times more on the military than China? Yet it still isn't enough.
    We don't need to. The real military power in asia is vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We don't need to. The real military power in asia is vietnam.
    Vietnam? Wha.. Why would you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    clean up after your own mess. Do you not understand that concept? the USA produced this outcome with the korean war. Now they want japan, SK and china to deal with it. but taking responsibility was never the strength of the so called world police. And then guys like you come around and call it bipolar when somebody points this out. Quite funny I think.
    By that very logic Japan caused the situations in Korea and Vietnam in the first place by displacing their previously existing governments during World War 2. Vietnam was a French colony, and Korea I believe had a long standing monarchy. After WWII France was in no position to govern Vietnam and basically said you're on your own, and I think Korea's royal family was wiped out. This left the stage open for radical elements, in these cases communistic, to take a foothold.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    By that very logic Japan caused the situations in Korea and Vietnam in the first place by displacing their previously existing governments during World War 2. Vietnam was a French colony, and Korea I believe had a long standing monarchy. After WWII France was in no position to govern Vietnam and basically said you're on your own, and I think Korea's royal family was wiped out. This left the stage open for radical elements, in these cases communistic, to take a foothold.
    Japan took Korea in 1910, like 30 years before WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    France didn't just leave Vietnam to govern itself, they fought a bloody war to retain control and were soundly beaten, but managed to use their "great power" status to force a partition of the country, even though the pro-Western government they set up had virtually no public support. Ho Chi Minh and his guerillas were hardly devoted to Marxist ideology, they were just anti-colonial nationalists who turned to communism out of expediency - if the South was going to be getting support from France and the USA, then the North would naturally turn to the Soviet Union for its money and weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, sure. I know what you meant. You know what you meant. Pointing out your background just confirms it.

Certain areas of the world are rife with conspiracy theories about "the evil Jews", after all. I understand it's uncomfortable having someone point out that your view falls in line with caricatures/stereotypes, but them's the breaks. Not naming them, just saying "certain areas".

I'm also not calling you an anti-Semite....but a "certain poster" is being an anti-Semite.
    And again, you're putting words in my mouth and trying to force me to accept your twisted mind set... Seriously, you don't know who I am, you don't know the people I've grown up with in Melbourne, and your forcing my hand to trigger me, seriously FUCK OFF, if I was "Anti-Semite" I would of posted about them day in day out about the Jerusalem problem going on, you pathetic idiot, stop coming back with bullshit, I know you target people that are living in who lived in "Turkey", but again, stop putting words into my mouth, either stick to the topic or I'm going to complain against you to the mods. But I can also put you in my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    China's military is still nothing to fear for the US, at all.
    Big talk for someone not in the active military. Would you be fighting in a hypothetical war against China?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    And again, you're putting words in my mouth and trying to force me to accept your twisted mind set... Seriously, you don't know who I am, you don't know the people I've grown up with in Melbourne, and your forcing my hand to trigger me, seriously FUCK OFF, if I was "Anti-Semite" I would of posted about them day in day out about the Jerusalem problem going on, you pathetic idiot, stop coming back with bullshit, I know you target people that are living in who lived in "Turkey", but again, stop putting words into my mouth, either stick to the topic or I'm going to complain against you to the mods. But I can also put you in my ignore list.
    I don't target anyone in Turkey. I've actually agreed with Kuntantee on a number of issues regarding the region.

But using the tired old "the Jews control America" is a favorite polemic of Salafist and other Islamist conspiracy wackos. It's not true. It is just an old carry-over from the sorts of conspiracy theories about Jews controlling the world from the 19th century.

Don't want to be seen as an anti-Semite? Don't use anti-Semitic tropes. Easy, huh?

Want to prove me wrong in a second? Well, tell me which lobby you were referring to.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-12-12 at 07:23 AM.

Doesn't china have one or two aircraft carriers and america has 12 and ton more subs and other battleships? One of them is an old one they bought from Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Doesn't china have one or two aircraft carriers and america has 12 and ton more subs and other battleships? One of them is an old one they bought from Russia?
    China has one aircraft carrier that can't even land aircraft on it. They have equipment of completely questionable quality since a lot of it is a knockoff. Nothing is battle tested. They make big claims but nothing is backed by facts. There isn't a single simulation or scenario that has China winning a war against the US even without its allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Look at this American hell bent on world domination. The world doesn't belong to you. Especially not Asia. Leave Europé to Europé, Asia to Asia, Middle East to Middle East. Stay in your area and continue bullying Mexico.
    why? all of you are so easy targets...

People like to hate on the US for its imperialism, however they ignore the fact that China actively runs forced labor (concentration) camps and engages in state controlled harvesting of organs from their prisoners (some put the number as high as 100,000 per year). You need to have some perspective and not just buy in to the relativist way of thinking.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The era of batleships as such is largely over, but yes, there's no way china would beat the US in the pacific right now.

The danger to US and western hegemony from China isn't right at this very moment so much as what it may come to in the later half of the 21th century.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    why? all of you are so easy targets...
    Nice try to try and get me upset.
    Maybe I will take you seriously if you could actually deal with your neighbours, but Cuba has been shitting on the US for 50 years and look how close it is to the US

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    US won't do shit, everyone is scared shitless of any chance of WWIII and for a good reason, because that war will be fought with sticks and stones on day 2.

Heck, US can't even deal with North Korea and their starved army of slaves and you are fantasizing about it dealing with China.
    NK could be wiped out without question, but they would take SK with it. That's why we haven't done anything all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Who thought it was a good idea to put the capital of your country with over half your population right next to the border of your enemy aiming thousands of missiles at you?
    Seoul was the capital long before this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Look at this American hell bent on world domination. The world doesn't belong to you. Especially not Asia. Leave Europé to Europé, Asia to Asia, Middle East to Middle East. Stay in your area and continue bullying Mexico.
    Says the guy playing American computer games, watching American movies, using a computer that most likely has an American designed CPU or GPU. We already have dominated the world little guy. Look what language you are writing in, look who you are so afraid of and resentful toward. USA could swat the EU or China like a bug anytime, sadly we don't. You need the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Says the guy playing American computer games, watching American movies, using a computer that most likely has an American designed CPU or GPU. We already have dominated the world little guy. Look what language you are writing in, look who you are so afraid of and resentful toward. USA could swat the EU or China like a bug anytime, sadly we don't. You need the lesson.
    British English is what's taught in Swedish schools, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    US is not what it used to be, its power and influence are waning and their new Clown-In-Chief accelerates the process by spitting in faces of allies.
    Here's the rub. The 3 previous presidents didn't do a bang up job either. Arguably, no one has since Reagan and before that was LBJ (maybe?)

... thought about it, no Eisenhower would be the most likely one before Reagan. While FDR does hold some measure in the debate, it hasn't been for the better historically. So yeah. Most of the last 12 US Presidents have been pretty bad globally speaking.
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2017-12-12 at 11:41 AM.