Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I see your point, I really do.

But I do disagree to a certain degree. Anyone, whether it's the first Doomfist game or their 1000th, can do a meteor strike. The ability itself is very basic and it has a very, very low skillcap. You will improve after 1000 games, yes, but your ability to use that ability will not improve much.

My point is, more or less, the worst doomfist has almost the very same chance of getting it as the very best, as it's so extremely situation depending. I mean, think about it, how many times do YOU get hit by a doomfist's meteor? You ONLY get hit if he target ONLY YOU. If he use it to nuke a site, it's extremely easy, a joke infact, to get out in time.

Same thing about D.Va. She is my new main as of a few months. I do consider myself to more or less master her and I have gotten a really good winrate with her. I still lack the achivement. Why? Because I don't find myself in any situation ever, where people are bad enough to get hit by it. We win game after game and I use her ability to clear points. I have killed 3 of 4 people, maybe 50 times, but that 4th keeps eluding me. I'm only at soon 3000 SR but still, people aren't really that nooby at this level and D.Vas explode is even easier to dodge than doomfists metoer. I have seen D.Vas get it their very first game, and a friend of mine, who has over 200 hours D.Va, got it far, far after 100 hours, and he play D.Va at almost 4000 SR. We both agree, it's a RNG-achivement.

Skill DOES matter for A LOT of situations, but NOT MUCH when it comes to hunting RNG-based achievements like these.
    I agree that there is a large luck factor involved in these situations. I really don't envy someone whose into achievements, because I don't think I could grind for 30 hours for an achievement. I remember being impressed by a few sprays in the early days of Overwatch. The Reaper shotgun one springing to mind most.

Part of being skilled is being able to game it so you have the maximum chance of achieving it. Some will just come with time and luck (what doesn't in the end). Other option is to somehow get into Bronze/Silver games. I think they're all doable, it just comes down to how much unfun some are compared to others, with Doomfists being the king of unfun.

I am surprised you can't find like 3 other people to do it with though. I would imagine out there must exist some people who want those achievements. If I was like you, I'd be frustrated over it as well (I'm not a particularly patient person). Good luck all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I agree that there is a large luck factor involved in these situations. I really don't envy someone whose into achievements, because I don't think I could grind for 30 hours for an achievement. I remember being impressed by a few sprays in the early days of Overwatch. The Reaper shotgun one springing to mind most.

Part of being skilled is being able to game it so you have the maximum chance of achieving it. Some will just come with time and luck (what doesn't in the end). Other option is to somehow get into Bronze/Silver games. I think they're all doable, it just comes down to how much unfun some are compared to others, with Doomfists being the king of unfun.

I am surprised you can't find like 3 other people to do it with though. I would imagine out there must exist some people who want those achievements. If I was like you, I'd be frustrated over it as well (I'm not a particularly patient person). Good luck all the same.
    I am suprised too. So far, in this thread, it has only become a discussion and 0 people are actually interested in these. Remember, I need ONE person, to play Zarya so i can blow people up. Of course I play Zarya for them too.

In game, no one ever care. Neither on Blizzard forums. I am out of options of how to find people

I am suprised too. So far, in this thread, it has only become a discussion and 0 people are actually interested in these. Remember, I need ONE person, to play Zarya so i can blow people up. Of course I play Zarya for them too.

In game, no one ever care. Neither on Blizzard forums. I am out of options of how to find people
    Thing is, it's not easy even with Zarya. Zarya just increases the chances. You also have to have 6 people on the other all clustered up when Graviton goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Thing is, it's not easy even with Zarya. Zarya just increases the chances. You also have to have 6 people on the other all clustered up when Graviton goes off.
    Yes, sorry, I should clearify that I am not going for Doomfists achivement right now. I would love to get 100%, but that one needs a nerf. Until it's changed, there is no point in even trying.

However, I am desperately looking for a Zarya for D.Vas, Bastions and Winstons achivements. I actually managed to do McCrees and I'm still in complete shock. It "only" took me 13 hours of trying.

Be glad it's not the Mei Snowball fight one's. I've been trying for the past few hours for "Hit someone while grabbing snow" and "25 yards. I was dead on someone's rear and still didn't get credit ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Be glad it's not the Mei Snowball fight one's. I've been trying for the past few hours for "Hit someone while grabbing snow" and "25 yards. I was dead on someone's rear and still didn't get credit ><
    Yeah, I did all those last night and they were kind annoying, at least the "3 picking up snow" as almost everyone only bait you :P Just keep going, you get it eventually, they are not as bad as they seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of achievements, I made a little guide of all 6 achivements related to the Winter event in Overwatch, for everyone who might wonder about them and who want some tips for doing them. Forgive my poor english, it's my secondary language, hopefully you will understand most of it.

Whap! – Kill an enemy with a shot from 25 meters away
    This one is a lot harder than it seems. The snowballs have quite a decline in height and you cannot shoot 25 meters in a regular straight shot unless you are on higher grounds. You need to either get up somewhere or to tilt your gun upwards and lob the shot. I found this one a lot easier on Ecopoint Artartica, as it has many places high up that you can stand. My recommendation is to simply practice your lob in some games first. Get a hold on how the snowball is falling and once you learn how to aim, then simply try and keep a range towards the other Meis. To not get killed while trying this, try hiding and surviving, so that there will be less Meis to distract/flank you. Exactly how far 25 meters is hard to tell in game. You will get the feeling after a few failed too short hits on how far you have to be, it’s simply trial and error here.

Snowed In – Win the game mode without losing a round (3-0)
    This one is very simple in theory, all you must do is to win 3-0. However, it all comes down to your team. If you are with inexperienced Mei’s you will struggle. I got this after about 10 games. If you really struggle, try finding someone who either main Mei or who play Mei a lot to group with, it can greatly increase your chances. Also, play it safe, don’t do crazy rushes and try to protect your teammates. If you are up 2 vs 1 for instance, do NOT use your ultimate, try get a kill with regular snowballs and save the ultimate for the next round. This is not super hard, and I think eventually, everyone will get it as long as you play the mode a lot.

Cool as Ice – Hit 4 people in a row without missing a shot
    Hit 4 shots in a row. This sounds tricky but it really isn’t that bad. You need to hit 4 shots in a row in a match and if you miss just one, the counter will reset. Here, you might get disliked by your teammates some, as you will have to play very safe and only take certain shots. Try finding people who reload or try to flank them in narrow areas. IF you are found alone versus a few players, you might have to give up that round in order to not risk missing a shot instead of trying to pull off an amEzing comeback (sorry couldn’t help myself). Also, if you are up 2-0 and miss 1-2 hits, you might have to forfeit the round in order to not win too early and miss out on the achievement. You might get hated for not playing like regular but it’s worth playing safe to land 4 shots in a row. The good news is that the 4 shot counter works entire game and not just 1 round. If you win or lose 3-2, you have five rounds to play it safe and focus your shots. Simply practice your aim in many games before you try this if you feel it’s needed. In the end it’s about aim and patience.

Ambush! – Kill 3 people reloading in one game
    This is the hardest of the four. You need to kill 3 people while they are reloading. The best way I found this doable, was to play it safe in the start, to make it less hectic and to have lesser Meis who can kill you. Play it safe and try sneaking up on reloading Meis. If you are alone versus someone, peek, hide and repeek when they reload. It works surprisingly much. And that is the key, to bait your enemies. Pretend to be out of ammo and they might go for a reload and BAM you shoot them. That combined with sneaky sneaking will grant you this achievement. Just like the 4-hit-0-miss achievement, you got up to 5 rounds (3-2 win or 2-3 loss) to kill 3 people reloading. Beware of fakers though, who cancel their reloads, that’s how I ended up failing the most before I got this. For some reason, this was a lot easier on Black Forest, maybe cause of snowpile placements. This is just about retries, eventually you get it, keep searching those unfortunate reloaders!

Yeti Catcher – Catch a Yeti as a hunter
    Here, you need to play as one of the 5 Meis. You have to catch the Winston with one of your traps. You have the trap as your ultimate ability, so in order to even place a trap, you need to get your ultimate ready first. The best and by far easiest way of doing this, is to get your ultimate up as fast as possible and when you do, stop attacking him, you don’t want the Winston dying too fast. After you have your ultimate, find one of the 4 meats on the map. Place the trap on top of the meat and eventually the Winston will get to it. Make sure you survive his rage if there are no current meats and DO NOT kill him before he can find that meat you have a trap near. Once he go for the meat, he will trigger the trap and you will get the achievement.

Yeti Hunter (don’t remember exact name) – Eat 4 meats as the Yeti

This is very, very simple. You need to eat 4 of the meats on the map. To eat them, simply get on top of them and you will instantly eat a meat. You will get indicators where the meat is located. Make sure to keep a distance from the Meis and to use your leap a lot to get there. Finding 4 should be no problem at all. The big problem is to be the chosen Yeti. Keep selecting “prefer yeti” or whatever that option is called and eventually you will be chosen to play the yeti!

Good luck!

I plan to make a complete guide of 100% of all Overwatch achivements further on as well.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2017-12-13 at 09:12 AM.

Yeah, I did all those last night and they were kind annoying, at least the "3 picking up snow" as almost everyone only bait you :P Just keep going, you get it eventually, they are not as bad as they seem.

Oh ffs I thought I was almost done.

I had "Snowed In" from last year and thought it was just "Whap!" and "Ambush!" (which I read earlier as 1 enemy) because of how they are order. Now I'm even more irritated and yeah, I spent all of last year and this year trying to get these dumb achievements. At this rate I'll get it in 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ffs I thought I was almost done.

I had "Snowed In" from last year and thought it was just "Whap!" and "Ambush!" (which I read earlier as 1 enemy) because of how they are order. Now I'm even more irritated and yeah, I spent all of last year and this year trying to get these dumb achievements. At this rate I'll get it in 5 years.
    If you want any help, I can group with you. I really enjoy this game mode and I have done the achievements. I can give you some hints ingame and of couse help with the actual achievements, by for intance, distracting a Mei so that you can come from behind and shoot them in the back. Let me know if you need me

If you want any help, I can group with you. I really enjoy this game mode and I have done the achievements. I can give you some hints ingame and of couse help with the actual achievements, by for intance, distracting a Mei so that you can come from behind and shoot them in the back. Let me know if you need me
    Well I think my problem is that the mode is just really meh for me. Missed too many shots that registered on my screen, but they were still alive. Only time I had any fun was when me and someone else go to shoot each other and we get each other. Not to mention Mei just feels annoying to me. I think it's more me being grumpy and irritated at the whole mode plus pretty much everything feels like it's "Let's see how much the stars will align".

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! I have achieved most of the ones that I am after!

However, I am DESPERATELY looking for a Zarya to help me with my last achievement (that a Zarya can help with, excluding Cratered of course).

That is to kill 4 people with Bastions Ultimate, that is almost impossible, for so many reasons. I have killed 3 of 4 about 20 times now, killing 4 is driving me insane, litterally.

I can return the favor and help you with multiple achievements, I can even start with the Zarya!

Btag: Xade#2318, add me and we can achieve wonders together!

You don't get them by accident in Competitive...
    yes you do. not all of them but a few are just lucky shots

and i noticed in QP it's easier to get them than in ranked matches

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played a total of about 8 hours per day for 2 weeks now (been sick so no work irl) and I completely burned myself out. At least I got most now, only missing 6 achivements in total, the hardest of course. Missing:

Doomfist: Hit 6 with his ulti, almost impossible.
    Orisa: Both, haven't even tried/bothered, don't like this hero, will do this last.
    Winston: Hit 6 with his ulti, kinda hard but kinda fun to try.
    Zarya: Keep her thingie above 70 power for 60 sec. This is extremely hard, need long, even fights with much heals. Rarely happens in QP.
    Zenyatta: Rapid Discord... kill 4 people with in 6 sec while they have his debuff, also, crazy hard.

Don't need any help now at least Well, I need the "6hits with 1 ulti" for Winston, so a Zarya can help, but it's not impossible without either, just have to get lucky.

But first, a month break xD my dreams haunt me with overwatch moments already.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2017-12-21 at 12:00 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    I personnally don't care about pose, voice or spray. I just like the skins. And I don't care about achievements overall.

I used to got 3 achievements with Reaper in 1 single game, yet again I am not interesting in achievement nowadays :'( The game got boring to me