Heal Druid Artifact quest

So guys, time to laugh about me ;-)
    I never played a healer until now and I still do not intend to. I played my druid as some random alt only but decided that I wanted to try moonkin a bit more serious now.
    So, I realized that I already did the guardian and the feral quest to obtain my artifacts but was missing moonkin and resto. I also realized that for some reason I already started the resto quest. No idea why. However, I could not cancel it, so I just started to do it.
    I am now in the scenario and I have no idea wtf to do. I have 850 itemlevel but I get absolutery wrecked by this simply INTRO quest to the addon. I can not keep a single one of the companions alive and I get totally destroyed by the spawning adds. My npcs completely ignore them when they attack me and yes, I know I am supposed to kite them / use Typhoon to get them away from me, but that just gives me a few seconds and in that time my group just dies because of massive AoE damage. It feels like neither my hots nor my direct heals do anything at all. After the first hour of trying this quest I was so close to just simply level a new druid instead and NOT accept this quest so I could go straight for moonkin but I mean come on :x
    I mean... there must be some trick to this, right? Like e.g. the big demon does a AoE attack that takes around 50% health of the whole team, can I someone prevent that? Because my Hots heal like 2-3% per Person and my direct heals around the same amount, so it does not feel like I can really heal that... Is there something totally obvious that I do not see?

... And srsly, I feel really, really bad atm. I am usually tanking and doing dps in mythic raids that even at least fight for server firsts, but I have 0 clue about healing apparently...

So, is there something obvious that I am missing?

When I did the quest at lvl 100 it was on the more "difficult" side. Are you set up to heal? I'm using Grid2 and you are easily able to see all the NPC's. Make sure you keep them alive. I don't recall having to kite at all, but the incoming damage was high for the gear level back then. I'm guessing you are allowing the tank NPC to die and it goes to hell after that.

No, of course I am not completely set up to heal - As I said I do not really want to do it, so I would prefer not to spend hours optimizing my interface for it...
    However, it are only 5 people I need to heal and I can see and select them perfectly in my regular interface, so that should not really be t he problem...

Are you using a weapon with intellect? Could be a problem not using one, as you heal almost nothing without these. You can buy a 740 one in your Order Hall, if this is the problem.
    Rejuv on every npc + you, Lifebloom on "tank", Wildgrowth to top all after the aoe. Regrowth and Swiftmend for emergencies

At the beginning of the quest you get the corrupted version of the heal staff, which is 750 with int, yes :/
    also yes, my equipment also has 90% int on it (except trinkets)

Ah, right! Did this around 1 year before, forgot this

I think the scenario scales with ilvl (as Blizz wanted that even HFC mythic player can't rush brainless) if I remember right.
    Try taking of one or two items do decrease your ilvl, maybe this will help! You should see it, when the enemylife is lower while not wearing pieces.
    Could be wrong, though! Good luck.

the scenario scales with you, so trying to do it at 110 with an extremely underdeveloped ghanir can be a big pain

I would try and at least grab three relics from world quests so that your weapon isn't so underleveled; you may also be able to just do it as dps by killing the adds before they kill your NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    the scenario scales with you, so trying to do it at 110 with an extremely underdeveloped ghanir can be a big pain

I would try and at least grab three relics from world quests so that your weapon isn't so underleveled; you may also be able to just do it as dps by killing the adds before they kill your NPCs
    He doesn't have the healing artifact weapon ... that's the entire point of this quest chain is to receive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, it scales with your gear, So take it all off, do it commando and it is piss easy

So I did something similar when I went to get my resto weapon too. I know I did feral as bear and I'm pretty sure I did the moonkin one as bear too, so I tried to do resto as bear as well and no that won't work. I forget what the name of the spell is but you have to use a specific spell you only get as resto in the beginning of the senario otherwise you will die super quickly and it'll be awful. I wish I could remember the name of it but it's been a long time and I don't play resto.

My suggestion would be to pick up the cheap staff from the vendor in the order hall (the same one you buy the order hall gear from). Then spec resto and put all the heals and debuffs on your bars. Iirc the beginning of the scenario tells you what spell you need to use so at that point it should be pretty easy. Then in the last part focus on healing the NPCs. I hope that helps some.

Hmm. I did this last night at 109. Havent healed on Dru since MoP. Never used Effloressence because I forgot to have it on my bars, didnt use Flourish because I had no idea what it actually did. TBH, Im not even sure how I completed it but I remember it being pretty easy. The hardest part was figuring out how to kill the Giant Demon because my extra action button never popped up. Lol

I did the quest on my Druid at lvl 108 and it definately was a pain for someone who doesn’t usually heal. Best advice I can give you is use your aoe heals. Single target heals isn’t going to cut it and use cooldowns. Those bastard NPCs hp tend to drop fast and at the same time. If you try to just focus heal one at a time 2 will drop dead. If I remember right there was also quite a bit of dispelling to do. Don’t skimp on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

It's probably a scaling thing. I did the resto shaman one the other day and my heals were hitting for 100k or something; it took 10 or more hard-casts to fully heal NPCs. It was pretty much impossible. I did more healing as enhancement. I had agility trinkets and a 940 or so overall ilvl but with a green int weapon from the class hall vendor.

I think if your overall ilvl is high but weapon ilvl is low the scaling of the scenarios is all off. Don't blame it on lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's probably a scaling thing. I did the resto shaman one the other day and my heals were hitting for 100k or something; it took 10 or more hard-casts to fully heal NPCs. It was pretty much impossible. I did more healing as enhancement. I had agility trinkets and a 940 or so overall ilvl but with a green int weapon from the class hall vendor.

I think if your overall ilvl is high but weapon ilvl is low the scaling of the scenarios is all off. Don't blame it on lack of skill.
    The Druid quest is different, they give you a weapon to use. Its like the corrupted version and at the end you cleanse it. One thing the other poster said is to make sure that you dispel. I do remember that. Other than doing a lot of dispelling, I dont remember it being hard. I literally joined the scenario, set up my bars and just started healing. Im not sure why he is having so much difficulty.

Instead of wasting time on that quest, go do wq/rhc etc (you know how to get gear since you're raiding mythic) and get to 900ilvl then plow through that scenario.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, of course I am not completely set up to heal - As I said I do not really want to do it, so I would prefer not to spend hours optimizing my interface for it...
    However, it are only 5 people I need to heal and I can see and select them perfectly in my regular interface, so that should not really be t he problem...
    I have everything set up even when im playing DPS, how do you battle rez someone in the raid? Or use blessings as paladin? Or dispel debuffs? Healbot is amazing for this, trust me it helps alot!

I recently struggled with holy paladin artifact quest, it was quiet refreshing to actually face some challenge in this game and I discovered some new abilities I had no idea existed

Setting up addon with hots really helps, especially for resto druid. Just try it, its not "hours", just download healbot, it will behave more or less automatically, you just set up your spells on hotkeys which can be selected from a window. You just select rejuvenation for shift+LMB click, thats it, no rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    I have everything set up even when im playing DPS, how do you battle rez someone in the raid? Or use blessings as paladin? Or dispel debuffs? Healbot is amazing for this, trust me it helps alot!
    I just use my normal raidframes for this (Grid). Select the person, click BRezz/Dispel-Hotkey, done. Do not want to clutter the screen with any more than that.

But by the way, I managed to get the artifact quest done. It seems like this was really a weird scaling issue. I took one of my trinkets of (because it was actually a tanking trinket with Agi/Mastery on it) and suddenly I managed to do it in the first try. Suddenly the big AoE attack no longer took ~60% of all people but only something around 15% and that alone was making it much, much easier. Also the adds did not oneshot me anymore.
    I did NOT expect scaling to be involved here at all - another reason why itemlevel scaling (and probably scaling in general) is a bad thing, but I do not want to take the discussion in that direction. I am just happy I got it done

I was level 104 with all Boomkin gear and I found it difficult even with my prior raid healing experience. I don't know how I would have done it without Vuhdo.