http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-how-des...gh-framerates/

Lawl. Was wondering why I would occasionally get killed by those jumps the few times I ran the event, at least this provides some semblance of an explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got this for PS4 for 25 bucks. Without season pass though but still was a nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-how-des...gh-framerates/

Lawl. Was wondering why I would occasionally get killed by those jumps the few times I ran the event, at least this provides some semblance of an explanation.
    Ummmmm LOL. I wonder (but this kinda proves it a little bit) but is the jump pads tied to frame rate? If so that is a really odd design choice lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Just got this for PS4 for 25 bucks. Without season pass though but still was a nice find.
    Cool hope ya enjoy it.

Remember u need PS+ to play it just fyi.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmmm LOL. I wonder (but this kinda proves it a little bit) but is the jump pads tied to frame rate? If so that is a really odd design choice lol.
    Dunno. Elsewhere they don't seem to be, but I have died a few times randomly while jumping, but on Mercury it seems more prevalent. Not sure if it's just an issue with the jump pads there or what, but I've kinda largely been avoiding Mercury altogether. Between having only one (that I've seen) public event and seemingly being by far the smallest actual planetary zone, not to mention the rather bland visual design/color scheme, I'd rather get any milestone progress done on pretty much literally any other planet : /

Dunno. Elsewhere they don't seem to be, but I have died a few times randomly while jumping, but on Mercury it seems more prevalent. Not sure if it's just an issue with the jump pads there or what, but I've kinda largely been avoiding Mercury altogether. Between having only one (that I've seen) public event and seemingly being by far the smallest actual planetary zone, not to mention the rather bland visual design/color scheme, I'd rather get any milestone progress done on pretty much literally any other planet : /
    Well hopefully its just a bug and it gets fixed asap cause that's odd.

So I asked this early'er in the thread with no reply. Does anyone know if you can play the PVP on the free trial? If so mite download the PC version and play it when im bored.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Reading comprehension. You have none.

The google search would prove the examples I gave correct. He said nothing about the Prometheus Lens.

Keep up or GTFO.

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    I know you can't respond, but it was fairly clear he was addressing Lens.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    And think it's ridiculous to conspire that Prometheus Lens is anything but a bug right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it a lie when u can spend 2min's on google and prove everything he said right? Oh wait you shill for Destiny on Youtube that explains a lot... Got to keep making that Destiny money.
    Hence the mind-reading comment. I haven't really followed your squabbling before this and it seems like Lens was a pretty clear topic of discussion. Addressing one point, is not addressing all points. Just something to think on while you're in time-out I guess. It wasn't even your mistake, I have no idea why you wanted to die on that hill, but die you certainly did. God speed soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So heres my issue: Right now the only thing keeping anyone i know entertained is chasing those forge weapons. i already got the scout rifle and submachine gun myself. But if they add in masterworks as a new tier that makes legendaries redundant isnt that making the current pve weapon chase redundant too?

I worried when i read the announcement that it was a 1-2 month leak plug that just added another tier to chase before burnout/boredom but it feels like its getting rid of the one reason in CoO era D2 you would keep running heroic adventures in the infinite forest to begin with.
    I thought Masterwork were legendaries just juiced up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Well, Bungie did at least admit that they did not test the prometheus lens at all with their latest twitter statement. Thats some quality development for sure.
    So much for the people claiming it was just a "bug".

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/940361008542990337
    Hahaha that's sooooooooo bad Bungie. That wording makes it sound like it never got play-tested. If true (doubt it), that does seem to er on the side of incompetent. At least we know it wasn't deliberate (for it to be intended they had to know about it), just poorly implemented. Shame on Bungo.

[url]Lawl. Was wondering why I would occasionally get killed by those jumps the few times I ran the event, at least this provides some semblance of an explanation.
    I literally died on these 8/10. I was the only one everytime too, it was so confusing.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-12-12 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Clarity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either. a mob plvl 300 mob is the same to a plvl 300 player as a 360 mob is to a 360 player. Instead of scaling up the instance to keep "prestige" as difficult content, why not scale the player down if they enter an old prestige raid.
    Because the light level is a gating mechanism, primarily. It isn't about making the mobs hit the players harder or have more health. The original Normal-difficulty Raid required a 260 Light Level, and would downscale you to 280 if you were higher (IIRC). The mobs were also 260+, with Calus I think capping at 280. The idea is to keep players in the range where the mobs pose a threat, but allow some power creep, to make it easier if you have better gear, but only to a point.

The Prestige raid raises that 260 to 300. That isn't the difficulty increase directly, it just requires you to gear up to offset it. The difficulty increase comes from the changed mechanics, the changes to revive tokens, etc.

The stated goal they had was to keep Prestige as endgame content, meaning it would always be at the highest light levels, and thus would always require you to have the next expansion. That's really not much different from other MMOs, in terms of design principles. That it was tied to some achievements and quests is what really threw a wrench into things, which is why they've agreed they did wrong and are amending it. But they stated that their long-term goal is to add in a third difficulty, so we'll basically end up with "retro prestige" which is the old light level it launched with, and "true prestige", which will basically be like it worked up until now, only available to those with the newest expansion, even if it includes older content. Achievements and quests will all be tied to the "retro" version, though, I would presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because the light level is a gating mechanism, primarily. It isn't about making the mobs hit the players harder or have more health. The original Normal-difficulty Raid required a 260 Light Level, and would downscale you to 280 if you were higher (IIRC). The mobs were also 260+, with Calus I think capping at 280. The idea is to keep players in the range where the mobs pose a threat, but allow some power creep, to make it easier if you have better gear, but only to a point.

The Prestige raid raises that 260 to 300. That isn't the difficulty increase directly, it just requires you to gear up to offset it. The difficulty increase comes from the changed mechanics, the changes to revive tokens, etc.

The stated goal they had was to keep Prestige as endgame content, meaning it would always be at the highest light levels, and thus would always require you to have the next expansion. That's really not much different from other MMOs, in terms of design principles. That it was tied to some achievements and quests is what really threw a wrench into things, which is why they've agreed they did wrong and are amending it. But they stated that their long-term goal is to add in a third difficulty, so we'll basically end up with "retro prestige" which is the old light level it launched with, and "true prestige", which will basically be like it worked up until now, only available to those with the newest expansion, even if it includes older content. Achievements and quests will all be tied to the "retro" version, though, I would presume.
    I dont get scaling in this game. Time to kill didnt change for me from power lvl 20 to power lvl 310. Rocket launcher deal exactly the same dmg it do.

Also, sometimes my dmg goes up for no reason - instead of dealing 40 dmg per shot i suddently deal 80-90. Time to kill still dont change at all.

I rememeber this because basic Cabal grunts still take 2 headshots to get killed from scout rifle. At 20 light lvl and at 300 light level. Or power. Whatever.

Can somebody explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I thought Masterwork were legendaries just juiced up.
    Kind of. after december 12th they will drop as just a new rarity but you can break them down for a material kind of like the mats from the dark below in D1 to infuse into legendaries to boost them up.

Which could just mean find a masterwork, break it down, infuse into nameless midnight and you have the best scout rifle still and thats that which doesnt seem to suggest much more longevity beyond chasing the perfect rolls on them and even that is far less random than destiny 1's "please have firefly, please have firefly" level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I dont get scaling in this game. Time to kill didnt change for me from power lvl 20 to power lvl 310. Rocket launcher deal exactly the same dmg it do.

Also, sometimes my dmg goes up for no reason - instead of dealing 40 dmg per shot i suddently deal 80-90. Time to kill still dont change at all.

I rememeber this because basic Cabal grunts still take 2 headshots to get killed from scout rifle. At 20 light lvl and at 300 light level. Or power. Whatever.

Can somebody explain this?
    Because actual level doesn't do much. All that matters if your level relative to the enemy.

Take this theoretical example
    Your level = mob level. scout rifle kills in 2 headshots.
    Your level is a little lower then mob level. scout rifle kills in 3.
    Your level is a lot lower. scout rifle kills in 10.
    Your level is higher. scout rifle kills in 1.

Since the world is scaled to your power level you always kill in 2.
    When you enter a place with fixed level (like the raid at 260-280) you can notice a difference (until you get above 280 because your downscaled then).

This means that you, the player, never actually get more powerful. Power level is a completely artificial number that merely locks you out of some content, entering a raid at 200 (if its even possible) would simply mean you do almost no damage and get 1 shot by everyone.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Because actual level doesn't do much. All that matters if your level relative to the enemy.

When you enter a place with fixed level (like the raid at 260-280) you can notice a difference (until you get above 280 because your downscaled then).

This means that you, the player, never actually get more powerful. Power level is a completely artificial number that merely locks you out of some content, entering a raid at 200 (if its even possible) would simply mean you do almost no damage and get 1 shot by everyone.
    Thanks for clarifing it up.

And what about dmg up for no reason when time to kill stay the same?

We could do with additional modifiers for the variety of weapons. Someyhing that needednt be exotic exclusive

So i know it could just be me but has anyone else noticed grenade launchers seem very rare? Including blues i think i've gotten 10 total since launch. Only noticed when i wanted to infuse the exotic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i know it could just be me but has anyone else noticed grenade launchers seem very rare? Including blues i think i've gotten 10 total since launch. Only noticed when i wanted to infuse the exotic one.
    I wouldn't complain about that, lol. They are on the same level as Pulse Rifles. Would be great if they were buffed, but since they suck, they just get sharded.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

To be honest, I'm not even sure why this game has a traditional leveling system. Light level supersedes it in all ways. Could just put extra ability points behind 'light milestones'. I guess for the Engram system?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And what about dmg up for no reason when time to kill stay the same?
    To maintain the 'illusion' of growing stronger. No different from most modern MMO-esque game though. Absolute number going up but relative number remaining somewhat steady is a good way into convincing players they're growing in strength.

- - - Updated - - -

No I get too many T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    To maintain the 'illusion' of growing stronger. No different from most modern MMO-esque game though. Absolute number going up but relative number remaining somewhat steady is a good way into convincing players they're growing in strength.
    I get that in a PvP environment for the sake of fair play. But it bothers me that in PvE an enemy that took 5 shots to kill at Power Level 100 still takes 5 shots to kill at Power Level 300. Destiny 2 completely took away the 'getting stronger' element of leveling and increasing your weapon strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, 7 hour + maintenance just as i start the game on my day off. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I get that in a PvP environment for the sake of fair play. But it bothers me that in PvE an enemy that took 5 shots to kill at Power Level 100 still takes 5 shots to kill at Power Level 300. Destiny 2 completely took away the 'getting stronger' element of leveling and increasing your weapon strength.
    They had to in order to keep public quests engaging.
    Can you imagine how you would cut through it when they want you to do them from 200 to 300 plvl?

That's the problem with 'all content must be relevant', it doesn't mesh well with increasing player power.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    They had to in order to keep public quests engaging.
    Can you imagine how you would cut through it when they want you to do them from 200 to 300 plvl?

That's the problem with 'all content must be relevant', it doesn't mesh well with increasing player power.
    Totally agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You've got two basic options;

The first is that enemies don't scale, and as you level up, your power grows, and earlier content becomes trivialized. This means that 95% of your time, or more, is exclusively spent in the last "zone" you reach, and all the other content is ignored and irrelevant; it's leveling trash that doesn't matter.

The second, which Destiny 2 uses, is that the enemies scale, so content is always relevant and challenging, even when you return to an earlier zone. Leveling up is more about unlocking content than increasing power linearly.

Frankly, I much prefer the latter system.