Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    Wait a minute, does Ashbringer just vanish too? Seriously? After all the story It has gotten, we'll just...argrghdh...

That's bollocks, I really don't care for most of the other weapons they're OP and were made up for shitz and giggles anyway for us to feel more powerful, with certain weapons being clearly more powerful than the rest.

But of all weapons, I hoped Ashbringer would just pass along to the next Paladin, not some random adventurer. I'd like Tyrosus to have It for example, and take over leadership of the entire Silver Hand, or what remains of the Argent Crusade at the very least... and that'd create some nice conflicting story with him being a human of Lordaeron, wielder of Ashbringer, and now possibly asked to join the fight against the Horde with his Silver Hand.

Really, I also wanna know how they send off the Order Halls, cause entirity of Legion Is a bunch of races + classes joining together to fight the Legion, whilst the Alliance and horde at the start were like "He did It! No he did It.. slap fight!" among eachother, just staring at the other faction rather then helping against the Legion In any major fashion. The Order Hall Idea sucks heavily to this very day and I hope they redeem that fact by giving them a proper send off somehow create some conflicting stories and new characters to Interact with.

Like the ending of Death Knight's order hall campaign, I still want that to have some consequences, that can't have just been like "Oh those death knights.." reaction from the Silver Hand. That was the most Interesting ending to an Order Hall campaign I saw, despite all of them being time gated and OP In their own right as was the theme In Legion, being OP.

But either way, I still agree with you. They should've gotten a unique send off, but sadly because they couldn't even be bothered to give a UNIQUE INTRO to each weapon, I wasn't having any hopes - for remember what they did before? Certain weapon Intros were shared, down to the enemies, the plot and locations, the only difference was what weapon you got out of that certain area.

I'm sure they could've made up another reason to remove the sword, like use the titans final strenght to remove It or some BS like that.. plenty of Ideas, but they went with the lazy unimaginative idea of just pouring our amazing powers Into the sword so that It can go poof.

More and more disapointed In Blizzard as time goes on, and Battle for Azeroth doesn't make them or their future look any better to be honest.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    But either way, I still agree with you. They should've gotten a unique send off, but sadly because they couldn't even be bothered to give a UNIQUE INTRO to each weapon, I wasn't having any hopes - for remember what they did before? Certain weapon Intros were shared, down to the enemies, the plot and locations, the only difference was what weapon you got out of that certain area.
    Doesn't have to be as unique and massive as Intro quests. Simple 1-2-3 quest in an already developed zone, without any audio voiceovers would be fine too.
    Someone in this thread said that the weapons might NOT get destroyed in the process, so they could still be somehow 'active' in the future storytelling, but I heavily doubt that.

Just let us disenchant the weapons for the horrible grinding they were ....

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Other than the fact that we're all about the acquisition of power, not the sacrifice of.
    I suppose you forgot the caveat that the planet is dying and if they don't drain that corruption, which means sacrificing their artifact, Azeroth will die and they'll likely be without a homeworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My preference: “Illidan needs ALL of these weapons to guard Sargeras!

Cut to Illidan wearing 35 weapons draped on every part of his body.

Cause you know, Illidan plus the power of 35 artifacts = Sargeras.
    lol illidans over there picking his teeth with the kingslayers, scratching his back with insert staff name here

shit would be pretty funny
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

What i want to see it's how they are gonna do the legion leveling for the people who level up a character after BFA i mean, they are gonna do people do the artifact weapon quest chain only to lose it after 10 levels? OMEGALUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    What i want to see it's how they are gonna do the legion leveling for the people who level up a character after BFA i mean, they are gonna do people do the artifact weapon quest chain only to lose it after 10 levels? OMEGALUL
    How will that be any different from "losing" a random leveling green?

Besides; we are only losing them in the lore; as an item they will most probably stay up till all bonuses (traits and such) become inactive at level 111.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    How will that be any different from "losing" a random leveling green?

Besides; we are only losing them in the lore; as an item they will most probably stay up till all bonuses (traits and such) become inactive at level 111.
    For people like us, who played it we know the system well and all that but if i was a new player and they just gave me that shinny weapon on lvl 98 with all that kind of possibilities only to take it from me 10 levels after would feel like i've lost a lot of fun/didn't enjoyed it enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    For people like us, who played it we know the system well and all that but if i was a new player and they just gave me that shinny weapon on lvl 98 with all that kind of possibilities only to take it from me 10 levels after would feel like i've lost a lot of fun/didn't enjoyed it enough.
    Which part of the fun?
    They will retain the ability to mog their weapon into it.
    They will retain the ability to unlock most of the skins for it.
    The progression-system comes back as soon we step into BfA in form of the necklace we will be empowering over the course of next expansion
    Most of the bonuses will most probably be baked into the specs anyway or return as necklace-traits. (i would even dare to guess they are removing the traits from artifacts in the pre-patch)

Is there anything they really lose out on?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to stumble on my way to the big sword in Silithus and drop Ashbringer into a really deep hole in the ground.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I suppose you forgot the caveat that the planet is dying and if they don't drain that corruption, which means sacrificing their artifact, Azeroth will die and they'll likely be without a homeworld?
    We have a floating fel rock with our own army, we'll be fine.

Deleted
    Yea its kinda lame. But at least Alleria isnt getting my bow. Horde players wouldnt want to give their weapons to alliance characters, same with alliance and doomhammer/thrall, even if the weapons were theirs firstly.

Thats why removing them completely while healing azeroth is probably for the best.

Deleted
    Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    The whole idea of getting rid of the artifacts is retarded.

We have a floating fel rock with our own army, we'll be fine.
    One lifeless small floating fel rock... one giant living planet... hmmmm.... you're right, the 'small floating fel rock' is much better than a giant living planet. (/sarcasm)

One lifeless small floating fel rock... one giant living planet... hmmmm.... you're right, the 'small floating fel rock' is much better than a giant living planet. (/sarcasm)
    Maybe not for you, but it works just fine for me and that's all that matters.

Maybe not for you, but it works just fine for me and that's all that matters.
    Unfortunately for you, our individual heroes are not exactly part of the lore.

On top of that, going from what I understand of the lore, since I don't have a warlock, the Warlock's Order Hall is controlled by the Council of Black Harvest, which is an organization created to defend Azeroth against future threats. I doubt they'd just decide to allow the planet Azeroth to die just so one of their members could keep a powerful artifact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny, because you're in the same generation as me. Unless of course you're going on 40+ in which case, shouldn't you be doing something more productive with what little life you have left? This is lazy, pure and simple, but then again, Blizzard have been lazy for years now--it's only recently reached its peak.
    lol 40+ is having little time left? Just stop. You were bad enough when you are pushing warlocks have to be evil and can't be anything else agenda and now you are pushing 40+ is near death? The writing done by Blizzard in regards to artifacts is not lazy if we are being pure and simple. I also can't wait until the next story element you don't like when you claim that is the new Blizzard peak after years of laziness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Yea its kinda lame. But at least Alleria isnt getting my bow. Horde players wouldnt want to give their weapons to alliance characters, same with alliance and doomhammer/thrall, even if the weapons were theirs firstly.

Thats why removing them completely while healing azeroth is probably for the best.
    Well horde players could give the bow to Sylvanas instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well horde players could give the bow to Sylvanas instead.
    So it is good story telling to have a lore weapon end up in two different places? How does any future story work then? It can never appear or one side will be ignored just because.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    The planet is only dying because blizzard said so. They might have said that the sword is ok and can be dealt with by blowing it up with goblin pyrotechnics. And then give our weapons a proper send off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So it is good story telling to have a lore weapon end up in two different places? How does any future story work then? It can never appear or one side will be ignored just because.
    The bow is stupid anyway, or you know, Alliance gives the bow to Aleria, since she is no longer dead and Horde gives the bow to Sylvanas, who then gives it to Aleria, or she takes it from her, whatever makes any little sense would work for blizz.