Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk made it a bit easier, especially for classes like DK who starts in the "DK Ball pit" as a german podcaster liked to call it and gets a free set of blues, and Paladin who just felt really powerful to level as since it kept its tankyness but also dealt decent damage. Aside that, stuff actually felt just right for the casual player.

Group quests were still a thing, just questing took you from 1 to max, professions could be levelled alongside you, you didn't outlevel zones unless you wore heirlooms.

Cataclysm killed all of this by making Tanks, Rogues and Hunters demigods, and discipline priests ascended beings which require a new title alltogether. Jokes aside, Cata made it what it is today and it just became worse and worse.

I do believe it was worse in the past, as tanks weren't just OP in the DPS department, until almost maxlevel they also didn't take damage whatsoever and could pretty much just do everything on their own. Right now you CAN die, but also run through so fast with mostt classes and full looms that there's 0 fun doing dungeons and don't get me started on world content.

Can't w8 for 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Hu, no. You spoke mostly about heirlooms in your post and said they were the main reason, when my point is specifically that they aren't the root cause (though we do agree that they made the whole "looking for upgrade" totally irrelevant).
    Also, pointless agressivity much ?
    Nope I said they were part of the reason. Then at first they weren't the biggest issue. They got to become a bigger issue over the course of expansions. Then also combined with world restricting in Cata along with a item level squished all combined into it.

Aggressive? No. Pointing out someone soap boxing on something that could just be their own opinion instead of using others words to stand on? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Nope I said they were part of the reason. Then at first they weren't the biggest issue. They got to become a bigger issue over the course of expansions. Then also combined with world restricting in Cata along with a item level squished all combined into it.
    Well, you wrote :

Once it became damn near a full suit of gear is when it totally trivialized the experience.

Seems to imply that yeah, heirlooms where the main reason. Yes you also talked about Cata revamping leveling (and WoD weird stat squish, but I think we can all agree that by then leveling was already past faceroll state), but the way you write it, it made it look like you thought heirlooms were the major factor (though not the only one).
    Aggressive? No. Pointing out someone soap boxing on something that could just be their own opinion instead of using others words to stand on? Yes.
    Yeah, well, you might want to re-read your own posts if you think you both didn't highlight heirlooms more than others reasons and were not overtly agressive in your answer.

Deleted
    I remember levelling a new character right after the original Heirlooms released and I suddenly noticed that everything we looked at just died in seconds.

It was a difference like night and day. Suddenly it didnt take forever to do dungeons or quests anymore, you could just blaze through easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, you wrote :

Once it became damn near a full suit of gear is when it totally trivialized the experience.

Seems to imply that yeah, heirlooms where the main reason. Yes you also talked about Cata revamping leveling (and WoD weird stat squish, but I think we can all agree that by then leveling was already past faceroll state), but the way you write it, it made it look like you thought heirlooms were the major factor (though not the only one).

Yeah, well, you might want to re-read your own posts if you think you both didn't highlight heirlooms more than others reasons and were not overtly agressive in your answer.
    Once it became... How many expansions did that take.. did other things happen in that window..?

I am going to just laugh this off because it seems WAY to important to you. BTW you seem aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    No it proves you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Those videos aren't vids of people geared to the teeth pulling shit way outside their level range. They are videos of people farming xp, not yet even level 60. It proves that you could in fact take on more than 1 mob at a time. So I go back to my original statement, if 2+ mobs were difficult for you... you were bad.

Stop bumping this thread every couple of days after it has died. You make claims about vanilla being hard... and it wasn't, it never was. You made fallacious claims about me not playing vanilla because I refuted that you simply could not take on multiple mobs at a time... the multitude of videos proves you wrong. But like most vanilla lovers, even in the fact of contradictory information your delusional rose colored glasses are so strong you simply can't see the truth.

It was a time sink. Period. End of story...
    Yeah, pretty much this. Leveling was designed to take forever because the game didn't have that much to offer when it comes to high end content when it released, they just failed to tweak it once they added enough lvl 60 activities. It was always a faceroll. It just took longer, which isn't necessarily a good design. While I do think it is to easy today, it's still preferableto vanillas and tbcs leveling, which was simply tedious. Good thing they wisened up, even though they somewhat overdid it. But hey, you don't have to use heirlooms. For an adjusted vanilla experience, just use the gear you get from quests.

Cataclysm. You could literally spam LFD and hit the cap really quickly.