Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    They could just as easily have picked out characters based on who got trinkets.
    Correct classes and overal gear is far far more important.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    remember when

Cool, so one boss in the raid isn't a wet fart. Still doesn't change that literally all but one boss was killed in the first day. Which is still a pretty unprecedented thing to happen outside of the opening raids of an expansion, and certainly for a 10+ boss raid

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Cool, so one boss in the raid isn't a wet fart. Still doesn't change that literally all but one boss was killed in the first day. Which is still a pretty unprecedented thing to happen outside of the opening raids of an expansion, and certainly for a 10+ boss raid
    The raid has a number of tough fights. Because a handful (what, 10 in the world?) of the most hardcore of mythic guilds can roll through most of the instance is not a general consensus on the overall difficulty of the instance.

Imonar and Kin'gorath are tough fights, as well as coven, Aggramar, and of course Argus. People should really not shit their pants so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Do we know if the top if the top end guilds working on Argus are actually using the pantheon trinkets? It seems like the china streams I've seen aren't and there's hardly any equipped on the characters on wowprogress kills for Method/Exorsus. I would have thought with all the splits they would comfortably be able to field 20 trinket wearers with maybe even a legendary or 2 if it was worth it.
    theyre pretty rare drops, my guild did normal first week and i got one and one other dude got one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    wtf, where 35k ($ or €) after taxes every year is awful?
    my parents grow up me with less than 20k€ and i could freely go to university without had to work meanwhile D:
    35k a year is fine if you have literally no bills and your rent is around a grand a year. The problem is a lot of people have car payments and then student loans.

theyre pretty rare drops, my guild did normal first week and i got one and one other dude got one.

- - - Updated - - -

35k a year is fine if you have literally no bills and your rent is around a grand a year. The problem is a lot of people have car payments and then student loans.
    You are pretty delusional dude, to make 35k a year you have to make 3k€/month thats a pipe dream for a lot of people. I mean we are not talking about people living in san francisco or silicon valley here are we?

especially in europe and eastern europe where most of these boosting guilds seems to be residing in.
    Last edited by jjbarea; 2017-12-12 at 02:55 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

my parents had always 2 cars and a house to pay, still i never miss anything in my childhood.
    seriously, how is expensive live outside europe?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    my parents had always 2 cars and a house to pay, still i never miss anything in my childhood.
    seriously, how is expensive live outside europe?
    Depends where you live. Sure 35k€ after taxes is comfy where I am, because retirement pension, healthcare for the whole family, decent school for kids, even unemployment benefits are already paid for. Not to mention 36 paid vacation days.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2017-12-12 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I don't know how you guys feel about it but this must be the most boring World First Race like ever!
    It's the same as every other.

A bunch of terrible trolls who in reality aren't even on the same planet skillwise as these top guilds pass judgement on the raid whilst they wait for their LFR queues and continue to post garbage opinions like they matter in literally any meaningful way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicycheeto View Post

A bunch of terrible trolls who in reality aren't even on the same planet skillwise as these top guilds pass judgement on the raid whilst they wait for their LFR queues and continue to post garbage opinions like they matter in literally any meaningful way.
    You sound mad, son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicycheeto View Post

A bunch of terrible trolls who in reality aren't even on the same planet skillwise as these top guilds
    I admire a lot of these players for their dedication to something, even if it is a game. Not many people would have the desire or resilience to sit there all day wiping before being able to claim a kill.

It is almost certainly different for the very top guilds, ie, Method - but having watched Future for most of their Mythic progression, there doesn't seem to be any particular gulf in ability for many of their raiders to the general better-than-average wow players, especially judging by mistakes repeated numerous times by the same players. If any of the truly superb players I've played with had their gear and heir their time and were subbed in having seen the fights as many times, I believe they would be indistinguishable to some of the players in that particular guild. Yet the players of which I speak still have superhuman dedication and resilience, so props nevertheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Regarding using WoW to earn 50k per year from carries and whatnot.

50k looks way too high to me (maybe 10-15k a year, but not 50k).
    Obviously not related to raiding, but ...

During MoP there was a certain group (consisting of 3 people that I know about) advertising Rated RBG carries who made hundred thousands of euros. Because of how the mmr and queuing system worked they could queue up against their own accounts (i.e. 3 people in the boosted group were teaming up with 7 of their accounts with high mmr, then 10 of their other accounts would queue up at the exact same millisecond, and obviously the 3 boosted people were free to cap flags etc ... = win the game). It was somewhere in the ballpark of 200 euro to get high warlord. They could do 10 to 15 people a day, and it lasted for several years. And pretty much everything they did was automated.

People that can’t live off of 35k/yr need to get some priorities in check.
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by beatmyface View Post
    Just depends on where you live. 35k/yr where I'm living would be pretty tough with basic bills. Health insurance for my family is $1,200/mo.

its mainly americans that are writing that shit, their salaries are different compared to european ones and especially eastern europe, so there is no point in talking about this shit because they will always come here and say that 35k for them is 6 month rent lol apples to oranges really.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Who do you think boosts those runs though. It's quite known that it's the top guilds doing it.

They charge gold, the middleman gets the gold and then pays them out in irl currency.
    On the first sight it seems possible to make 50.000 dollars and more through selling runs. But on the second sight with offer/demand/frequence/space-time component in the maths not so much, especially not for a single guild. Maybe the world-wide potential.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-12-12 at 04:08 PM.

Depends heavily on where you live. Quick google search showed the cost of living in around my area is about double Indiana's. So how far would 17.5k instead go in Indiana? It's about as far as 35k here, and I don't live in California or NY either.

If the boosters are in California or New York, they're going to be basically broke at best. If they live in Eastern Europe, they're doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Sorry but no I do not believe you. I am sure there are suckers out there that will pay you real money though for bullshit. But other than the Cutting Edge with (or without in some cases) mount sales nothing you offer can't get got better with better price that doesn't involve a real money transaction.
    I asked an old friend of mine if they wouldn't mind sending me their Paypal transactions for a 2 month period to illustrate the amount that they were paid.

Here is the screenshot of their Paypal Transactions for a little bit more than a 2 month period. Click this link to see detailed breakdown. I will explain everything in text down below.

So, this person made almost $8,000 (they made exactly $7,942) in this time span (85 days). If you were to extrapolate that data this person would be making ~35k per year in real money sales.

Now, obviously that isn't the 50k that was mentioned earlier in this thread, but there's a couple of reasons for that.

1) This person was new to the sales group and this was their first 80ish days of playing with them. They weren't invited to all of the sales that were performed. Specifically, this person really only did M+ sales. They did not participate in AoTC or raid carries.

Ahead of the Curve carries are a huge market (you get $15-20 per person that you carry and it's 1 to 1, i.e. 1 buyer to 1 seller). There's a reason you see players in top guilds with 30-50+ kills of an end boss after the first week (Hint: it's not because they're coining it 30 times).

2) This person being new to the sales group didn't have the luxury of getting sales cuts. Generally, if you're the person who finds the buyer or if you're the person running the website for buyers you get 10-20% of the sale before it even goes to the people actually performing the sale. These people definitively make 50k/year simply because of the cut they get on sales (on top of performing the sales themselves).

3) If you were to take an average of just a 2 month period in the middle of this period (when they were doing the most carries). This person would easily be on track for ~45k. Obviously that is a little bit of a data selection bias. However, this individual stated that they didn't really push sales at the start and end of the period.

As other people have pointed out, this isn't some amazingly cool job. If you want to be making 50k/year doing real money sales playing WoW then you should expect to play 40-50+ hours every week. And if a new raid comes out you should be playing 60-70+ that week to maximize AoTC sales (again something this individual says they did not do).

It's also funny that you mention the Moose Mount (Blizzard will probably never do something like this again) because was amazingly lucrative for real money sales. You get to charge that same $15-25 for AoTC (more if you did it earlier in the progression cycle) and there's way more people interested in it because of the mount. For a lot of people interested in the Moose mount it was basically like paying for a Blizzard store mount, but instead of paying Blizzard you paid for a carry.

There were people making 100k+ when Moose Mounts were a thing. If you remember all of those players with 3k+ Archimonde kills at $20 a pop and you can easily see how they would be making that much money.

I'd also note a bit of this could explain some of the hardcore divide in Europe vs. America, moreso than vacation time. A moderately successful booster/steamer is probably doing ok to well in a bunch of European countries, where they'd be a basement dwelling bum in much of America.

I'd actually be curious to know where most of the top American players come from. Would prove the point to some degree if a lot are from middle America where the cost of living tends to be way lower, even in metro areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Taladendren View Post
    Depends heavily on where you live. Quick google search showed the cost of living in around my area is about double Indiana's. So how far would 17.5k instead go in Indiana? It's about as far as 35k here, and I don't live in California or NY either.

If the boosters are in California or New York, they're going to be basically broke at best. If they live in Eastern Europe, they're doing well.
    Any discussion about money really needs to take into account inflation, cost of living, etc. - otherwise you'll never get a legitimate discussion. Throwing numbers like this out on a pan-American forum can lead to pretty distorted views of salary, let alone a forum that is world-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    its mainly americans that are writing that shit, their salaries are different compared to european ones and especially eastern europe, so there is no point in talking about this shit because they will always come here and say that 35k for them is 6 month rent lol apples to oranges really.
    I’m an American and still don’t get it. Too many people live beyond their means.

I make just a hair more than 35k/yr and have zero issues. House/truck are paid off and just have the standard bills. Paid both of them off on the same salary.
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus