Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what if they ban cell phones. Kids can still bring cards or other electronic devices.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Nice. Go France.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So what if they ban cell phones. Kids can still bring cards or other electronic devices.
    I had a few classmates like that. There was one student that use to bring a laptop to English and spent a little time of class period editing his Naruto AMVs.

And they say Americans have no culture...

Deleted
    Okay so they are already forbidden during classes and punishments have been given. So what is the problem?
    They still use them during classes? Punish them more. No means no kids.
    Confiscate those phones and give them back at the end of the day. Stil doing it? At the end of the week then. At the end of the semester? Okay these kids are idiots. Total ban then! You caused this yourselves kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I have no problem with this, kids already get used to phones too early on in life.

Most unprepared of how to deal with social media correctly among other things. So a reduced in usage is perfectly fine with me, yet to see a compelling argument for giving kids access to these things.

So far it's been "it's stupid" and "parents should be able to track and contact their kids all the time" first one is a none argument, second is just plain bad for a kids development.
    The alternative being the child gets kidnapped and never found again because they had no way to contact anyone or be tracked down?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    C'est pal mal.
    *pas.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Stupid idea. What in case of an emergency? Like being trapped somewhere due to a shooter or a fire.
    In neiter case a cellphone would save you. If the fire is so intense that it has you trapped noone will make it in time to save you anyway, schools and public buildings in general have regular firedrills and secently developed exscape routs, and we also tend to not build our shit out of plywood.

Screaming into a phone with an active shooter will only make you a target. If there are shots fired in a school or anywhere you can be damn well certain the cops know about it in minutes. It's europe, not the middle east/US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The alternative being the child gets kidnapped and never found again because they had no way to contact anyone or be tracked down?
    ... because a kidnapper will leave the kid unsupervised, hands untied with a cellphone. Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    ... because a kidnapper will leave the kid unsupervised, hands untied with a cellphone. Sure thing.
    Phone tracking shows last location. Far more effective than hoping they were caught on camera somewhere, or someone saw them.

It's far better for the child to have the phone than to not have one, this isn't really a debate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Why would you ban them during breaks and lunchtime? It makes no sense to me.
    To make it easier to cover up the bad behavior of the inmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sounds good to me, would be nice to follow here.
    I agree, they are also a large source of bully-based behavior when kids can freely take video and pictures throughout the day. However, the same ability to take video / pictures has given evidence of some horrible teachers that may have otherwise been he-said she-said. Still, I agree with you.

Good. Social networking is ok and all, but school is for education.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    I agree, they are also a large source of bully-based behavior when kids can freely take video and pictures throughout the day. However, the same ability to take video / pictures has given evidence of some horrible teachers that may have otherwise been he-said she-said. Still, I agree with you.
    It also gives video proof of the act of bullying.

Deleted
    I just dont understand parent that let their 10 year old kids go to school with a smartphone.

It's like they dont want their own kids to succeed in life...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Good.

You're in school to study, not play Angry Birds and update your Instagram account.

So I guess trading cards should have been banned too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Norse View Post
    One reason is that they can be used to bully others. Through recording, social apps, or just cause they don't got the latest <insert hip brand>.
    Might as well ban clothes and ugly faces then.

This is idiotic, what if the kids try to use the phone to meet up for lunch break or need to talk to their parents about X thing or forgot something at home and need to ask their parent/whatever to get it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Kids went to school without phones for decades/centuries.
    Is that dumbfuckery supposed to make an argument against phones? That means nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Is that dumbfuckery supposed to make an argument against phones? That means nothing.
    They survived going to school without phones back then so they can also do so now.

Sounds like a good idea. These opinionated little shits already have too many distractions with social media being a real cancer for their generation. This is a step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, mark me down for in favor of this, not trying to be old and lame, but seriously you are school put the fucking phone down and learn something.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean we survived the bubonic plague too that doesn't mean re-introducing it would be a swell idea.
    Why not? Grows character

Good. Children are there to learn. There’s really no reason a child needs their own phone in class

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Phone tracking shows last location. Far more effective than hoping they were caught on camera somewhere, or someone saw them.

It's far better for the child to have the phone than to not have one, this isn't really a debate.
    Befor we go on about how realistic it is to actually find a child or get a useable clue over the cellphone, the 'ban' only permits them to use the phone on school grounds, not actually bringing it to school, right?