Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hated it.

Ruined the experience of drops.

You have a well rolled Calamity drop and it was like... "Hmmm... Is equipping this worth NOT selling it for $80+?" By not selling it you are essentially paying that $80 for it.

RMAH gave you two choices... Have a better game experience at the expense of free money or make free money at the expense of a better game experience. Both of them are shit. Should be about playing the game and grinding for better gear. Not selling gear for real money.

And now someone replies with "hurrr a durpp you could just ignore the RMAH!"... Yeah, with the ever present knowledge that you were throwing away free money, which ruined the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And then the game is complete. You just paid to not play a game.
    Which is why people disliked it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I hated it.

Ruined the experience of drops.

You have a well rolled Calamity drop and it was like... "Hmmm... Is equipping this worth NOT selling it for $80+?" By not selling it you are essentially paying that $80 for it.

RMAH gave you two choices... Have a better game experience at the expense of free money or make free money at the expense of a better game experience. Both of them are shit. Should be about playing the game and grinding for better gear. Not selling gear for real money.

And now someone replies with "hurrr a durpp you could just ignore the RMAH!"... Yeah, with the ever present knowledge that you were throwing away free money, which ruined the experience.
    I ignored the RMAH. It made me quit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Which is why people disliked it.
    So... don't buy stuff off the RMAH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So... don't buy stuff off the RMAH?
    I tried that. Playing D3 1.0 with self found was pointless, drops were so rare, and because they were so rare, you couldn't get into higher content with better drops, in solo or group content.

No buying off the RMAH meant - not playing Diablo 3. And millions of people agreed with me. And, the devs agreed, because they got rid of it.

I miss that 1k usd I made in the first month before people learned the game was kinda trash on release and stopped buying anything. I will never forget you pony level, you made me 200 usd from a single drop :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I tried that. Playing D3 1.0 with self found was pointless, drops were so rare, and because they were so rare, you couldn't get into higher content with better drops, in solo or group content.

No buying off the RMAH meant - not playing Diablo 3. And millions of people agreed with me. And, the devs agreed, because they got rid of it.
    I enjoyed that myself, making do with yellows and having to be super careful around rare packs.

I disagree, buying off the RMAH meant playing less D3. Playing self found meant you had to really work at it to progress, and yeah it was often frustrating and unfair, but I was never tempted to buy off the RMAH because then what would I work at?

I'm not saying it was a great model, I think the changes they made improved the game. But I enjoyed launch D3 for what it was and I didn't think the RMAH was mandatory at all, but rather that players often lack self control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Diablo3 is a complete dead game. Period.

The reason ? They killed the AH's. Imagine WoW without an AH...

Blizzard tried to kill WoW AH too btw, by adding Garrissons and Mats ad nausum...

Lucikly they pulled it in the last expansion...

How did I play D3 at launch ?

- Hardcore, Gold AH ONLY: I made leveling gear, sold it, by the dozens, that was FUN to grind for the mats and supply the eternal demand for future dying avatars...The economy WORKED in hardcore - perma death mode. simple.

- Normal mode RMAH: I made 175 euros in 4 months time. I bought 2 board wargames for that money just by playing D3.

Both ways, it was fun.

Then Blizzard KILLED all possible trading. The game nose dived into complete oblivion.

Thank you player idiots.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2017-11-28 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Blizzard tried to kill WoW AH too btw, by adding Garrissons and Mats ad nausum...

- Hardcore, Gold AH ONLY: I made leveling gear, sold it, by the dozens, that was FUN to grind for the mats and supply the eternal demand for future dying avatars...The economy WORKED in hardcore - perma death mode. simple.

- Normal mode RMAH: I made 175 euros in 4 months time. I bought 2 board wargames for that money just by playing D3.

Both ways, it was fun.

Then Blizzard KILLED all possible trading. The game nose dived into complete oblivion.

Thank you player idiots.
    /facepalm
    D3 is still extremely popular. You need to stop smoking crack cocaine BenBos. That shit is deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Both of the auction houses were terrible, as was the loot system. I never got a single legendary worth anything to my class. I always had to buy stuff from AH, and try to sell whatever worthless drops I did get. Was not funny, nor did it feel rewarding.

Then again, this current season I'm not finding it amusing how my character has 408 paragon, and I've seen flat zero socket cubes drop. Like, none. Never was a problem in any earlier seasons for me.
    I'm 600+ paragon and still haven't seen a second Unity drop. Makes one Unity incredibly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I'm 600+ paragon and still haven't seen a second Unity drop. Makes one Unity incredibly pointless.
    I'm at 450 paragon (Season), leveled a DH, Crusader, and last night rushed a monk to 70. I've gotten everything I've had issues with before - got my first ever since the game released Furnace, I have 3 rings of royal grandeur, 2 of the one that reduces the set item requirement, I've got 3 socket cubes...and no [bleeping] Compass Rose. 4 of the freaking amulet that goes with it. Not a single one, and you can't reroll them. I've dropped thousands of shards on rings. I've wasted who knows how many death's breaths upgrading rares. Nada. I've got a couple unitys. I've got the other set rings.

15+ Year Old Account

Both ways, it was fun.

Thank you player idiots.
    I find D3 quite a lot more fun now. Granted I never played 'ardcore and I think Ironman works better with games that don't require a connection to a server to play, and with strategy or tactic games. You could say Diablo 3 has many flaws still but they are part of its foundation, some of it has been rectified - the AH to name one. But a lot other things are amiss. Like true procedurally generated dungeons, the grimdark atmosphere of the first games, a Diablo that is actually not a talkative manbaby with raspy voice and many more things.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    You didn't even attempt to make some sort of relevant argument supporting your dumb click bait title.
    Came to say the same thing. Appreciate someone else beating me to it.

Both ways, it was fun.

Thank you player idiots.
    Hey BenBos, do you know what hyperbole means?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see 0 reason this was removed.

I mean, removing it killed any sense of an economy in the game and was extremely harmful to the community.

Honestly, WHO CARES if people can buy themselves to success. No one forces you to pay anything. Either play or pay, it should be the players choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I see 0 reason this was removed.

I mean, removing it killed any sense of an economy in the game and was extremely harmful to the community.

Honestly, WHO CARES if people can buy themselves to success. No one forces you to pay anything. Either play or pay, it should be the players choice!
    Game design isn't so simple. If a game offers a quicker/easier path to progression (in this case the AH and RMAH) the designers have to assume that players will gravitate towards that path. Don't get me wrong I actually liked the AH (Gold only, never dropped any real cash) but that's because I only used it for buying and selling crafting materials or follower gear. However I understand why Blizz removed it even if it made the game slightly worse for me.

Blizzard made money from the AH. They still removed it. That speaks for itself how flawed and bad it was.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard made money from the AH. They still removed it. That speaks for itself how flawed and bad it was.
    This . /10char

Diablo 3 was doomed from the get go due to several decisions made in regards to key philosophy. That being said, the AH, in particular the RMAH killed the game from the get go. Yea, people made some money selling shit items, but as a game feature it was an absolute fail.

Deleted
    All i can say is bring in a diablo token with a RMA and the game will blow up. grind diablo for wow gold is win.