Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I get that in a PvP environment for the sake of fair play. But it bothers me that in PvE an enemy that took 5 shots to kill at Power Level 100 still takes 5 shots to kill at Power Level 300. Destiny 2 completely took away the 'getting stronger' element of leveling and increasing your weapon strength.
    Scaling tech inherently flies in the face of core RPG philosophies. But unfortunately it's mutually exclusive with older content remaining relevant. Naught can be done other than choosing which is more valuable.

Man, was going to do the normal mode adventure last night since I can't do the heroic mode on Mercury...those modifiers are stupidly annoying. I'm not a fan of a lot of them, they feel like they make the game so much less enjoyable : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, was going to do the normal mode adventure last night since I can't do the heroic mode on Mercury...those modifiers are stupidly annoying. I'm not a fan of a lot of them, they feel like they make the game so much less enjoyable : /
    I had great misfortune with the hive one. Got to a point in the forest with 3 hive knight and 2 wizards all at the entrance and literally a dozen knights with swords all with arc shields and i kept rotating between fire and void and just as i finally clear them which took longer than some raids in TTK error code baboon -_-

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I had great misfortune with the hive one. Got to a point in the forest with 3 hive knight and 2 wizards all at the entrance and literally a dozen knights with swords all with arc shields and i kept rotating between fire and void and just as i finally clear them which took longer than some raids in TTK error code baboon -_-
    Yeah, a lot of the modifiers are just...bleh. Really hate momentum with a passion, especially given how the entire rest of the game strongly encourages you to use cover to regen and a lot of the enemy setups you face make running around not terribly ideal. Last night I had the elemental rotation modifier and enemies had ridiculously boosted health, I just left the damn game after a bit. It's really not very fun to need to go and constantly swap elements on my weapon (using the autorifle you can swap freely on) to do reasonable damage against them. Sure, punching damage was boosted, but it was largely useless when there were more than a few mobs around at a time.

It's just making this DLC more and more disappointing to me : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I miss Destiny 1 Modifiers. Maybe it is nostalgia, but I seem to remember there being a positive and a negative modifier more often than not in the same activity.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Speaking of missing Destiny 1 i'm starting to notice a lot more 'i miss Rise of Iron' talk doing the rounds. I'm surprised they didn't just lift them for the endless forest, if you never played D1 it would make a hell of a surprise to see pegdregs with those homing missiles or a siva walker. But Efrideets back to missing for centuries, Saladin doesn't recognise you and the RoI quest hub is a pvp map.
    Yet oddly Failsafe still mentions SIVA and in the D1 lore her ship was teased to have been loaded with the stuff by Rasputin and i was assuming that was why they crashed. Even the voice files about 'invasive, mechanical alien life' attacking the ship could have been SIVA if they didnt know they had a payload of it and that final fight against SIVA infested guardians really was such a tease if its gone forever.

The sad thing is voice files datamined hint we are getting content set in D1 areas but not the plaguelands. Its a shame since it still makes sense that it was planned to be the D2 2nd expansion. After CoO you are sent to the cosmodrome from D1 but covered in ice and red cables growing like roots. Shame its dead and barely canon anymore. Also sad pc players missed it, i wonder if they look back on the trailers and feel gyped a little?

At this point I think it's best to wait until next September when Destiny 2 gets its Taken Spring. Until then the game is going to undergo A LOT of growing pains.

The key thing this game is missing right now is RPG elements making it so that the only things you ever work towards are getting one of every weapon and cosmetic gear. There's no leveling of gear, there's no upgrading and maxxing your subclass, there's no working towards armor or weapons with certain perks or rolls. THAT's what kept destiny 1 going after TTK came out, not an infinite slew of content like everyone thinks cause TTK acutally made most of destiny 1 year 1 irrelevant which I'm guessing destiny 2 will not end up doing.

We will likely have content comparable to Age of Triumph by the time Destiny 2 year 2 starts but until then things are going to be rocky as Bungie gets its ducks in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's Patch Notes

Activities

Leviathan Raid

Brought the Prestige "Leviathan" raid back down to 300 Power, making it accessible to all players, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership
    Adjusted Prestige difficulty rewards no longer grant guaranteed 330 Power items
    Adjusted the difficulty for the normal Calus encounter

Trials of the Nine

Players who do not own Curse of Osiris may now access Trials of the Nine when a Destiny 2 launch map is featured

Trophies and Achievements

Modified the achievement "The Prestige" and the associated trophy to remove the Nightfall component
    This may now be completed, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership, by completing the "Leviathan" raid on Prestige difficulty

General

Miscellaneous

Fixed an issue impacting Power level progression from level 289 to 300 for players who do not own Curse of Osiris
    Fixed an issue that would prompt a Curse of Osiris purchase menu when players were attempting to acquire the Scout Report: Mercury item with insufficient Glimmer
    Fixed an issue where the word "Nightfall" was not prepended to new Curse of Osiris strikes in the Nightfall Director node
    Adjusted the functionality of Chest Reward Throttles
    Players now receive reduced amounts of loot when opening large numbers of chests in quick succession, rather than nothing at all
    Cayde's Stash chests now grant rewards via the loot stream to prevent items from disappearing into the ground
    Fixed an issue where cannons on Mercury were not functioning properly for PC players when they were playing at over 60 fps
    Fixed an issue that prevented the functionality of HDR settings for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro

Collections

Fixed an issue where players with over 84 emblems were unable to see all emblems they owned within the collection screen

User Interface

On player inspection, currency display is no longer visible
    Vendor waypoints are only highlighted when players have enough tokens to earn a reward
    Fixed an issue where some players could not interact with items when they had full inventory

Faction Rallies

Players can no longer loot the same chest multiple times in quick succession for Faction Rally tokens
    Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were not being removed at the conclusion of the event for some players
    Faction Rally emblems now display the correct pledge tracker stat
    Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were being removed from players' inventories when the players were creating a new character
    Fixed an issue where some players would not receive a Faction Rally winner discount

Masterworks

Legendary weapons can now drop as Masterworks for characters above Power level 250
    Masterworks provide bonus weapon stats and generate Orbs on multikills

Engrams

Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
    Reduced the chance of a Legendary engram rewarding multiple Legendary items

Xûr

Xûr now sells a three of coins consumable item that increases the drop chance of Exotics
    Xûr now sells the Fated Engram

Exotics

Fixed an issue where Vesper of Radius, the Helm of Saint-14, Graviton Forfeit, and Gemini Jester were dropping with incorrect class mods
    Fixed an issue where the Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle was outputting too much damage too quickly
    Fixed an issue where Exotic weapons from Curse of Osiris were mislabeled within Exotic engrams

Gift Consumables

Zavala now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to the user's fireteam on strike completion
    Shaxx now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players at the end of a Crucible activity
    Tess Everis sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players on Strike or Crucible activity completion

Faction Vendors

Faction vendors now offer legendary gear for direct purchase with Legendary shards and faction tokens

Crucible

Added invisible physics to keep players from hiding in the Red Bay Box on the Pacifica map
    Adjusted Power Ammo locations on the Eternity map

Its like they released the game 6-12months too early.

What a surprise from modern developers rushing products out the door and promoting pre-order bonuses. Glad I only used Bnet account balance and didnt give them my actual money. But funnily enough Im not even playing WoW anymore my source of income for the bnet launcher and have no desire to play any activision game. Their insane greed with this game only highlights it in other areas like legion RNG grinds.

This game was like pulling back the curtain in wizard of OZ and seeing the grim underbelly of corporate gaming.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-12 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

What a surprise from modern developers rushing products out the door and promoting pre-order bonuses. Glad I only used Bnet account balance and didnt give them my actual money. But funnily enough Im not even playing WoW anymore my source of income for the bnet launcher and have no desire to play any activision game. Their insane greed with this game only highlights it in other areas like legion RNG grinds.

This game was like pulling back the curtain in wizard of OZ and seeing the grim underbelly of corporate gaming.
    You aren't kidding. Well, a cause needs a martyr, and it seems that Bungie stepped up to the alter to be sacrificed, whether they liked it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

The funny thing is that it was delayed almost a year and Rise of Iron was a filler expansion to pad the time between.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they really buffed the daemons regardless of additional mix up attribute. A shot from the same weapon now takes up to 4 hits to kill without a shield that took two max last week. Maybe they dont want people solo'ing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that it was delayed almost a year and Rise of Iron was a filler expansion to pad the time between.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they really buffed the daemons regardless of additional mix up attribute. A shot from the same weapon now takes up to 4 hits to kill without a shield that took two max last week. Maybe they dont want people solo'ing them?
    I think it's the combo of modifiers. Last week's went like butter for me. The week before, without much change in loadout, I had to cower and run away constantly just to try and not die, and got one-shot constantly.

Two weeks ago I had Prism and Momentum (and largely had to wait for Prism to rotate around for me), last week I had Elementalist and something complementary.

I miss Destiny 1 Modifiers. Maybe it is nostalgia, but I seem to remember there being a positive and a negative modifier more often than not in the same activity.
    There are positive modifiers.

First Masterwork drop, basically an infinite ammo void sword in strikes.

10+ Year Old Account

First Masterwork drop, basically an infinite ammo void sword in strikes.
    I've been preaching that Complex Solution is the best sword in the game since the first month, lol. It is absolutely amazing.

What does the modifier say exactly?

+10 to ammunition with increased impact and efficiency over the legendary version.

- - - Updated - - -

Two more masterworks, all 3 from turning in tokens to sniperman on earth.

Today's Patch Notes
    Raid changes summed up:

We got caught trying to force people to buy DLC to continue to play content they already had access to and was included in the original $60 price tag (again). And are backpedaling because we got called out on it (again).

I give them credit for undoing their wrongs (again..only after being called out on it just like with the XP throttling), but the fact that they even tried to pull that off to begin with still makes me no longer wish to play their games.

I wanted to like you Destiny....I really did. But Bungie just keeps messing up, and messing up in really really stupid ways.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

It's hard to find the motivation to play these days. I just logged in to do some milestones on my lock. I started at mercury to do the flashpoint, and it totally killed it for me. I finished the flashpoint and just didn't want to play anymore. I kind of feel like...not logging on at all anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's hard to find the motivation to play these days. I just logged in to do some milestones on my lock. I started at mercury to do the flashpoint, and it totally killed it for me. I finished the flashpoint and just didn't want to play anymore. I kind of feel like...not logging on at all anymore...
    Yeah, I've switched from my lock to my titan as my main and outside of kinda slowly working on weekly milestones and some of the weekly stuff like replaying campaign missions I'm finding it harder to find motivation to log in. Don't really have much desire to keep playing my titan outside of the weekly milestones, and kinda not too hot on getting my lock through the DLC content so i could farm milestones on two characters as I'd been doing in the past.

The DLC and Bungie's handling of the game so far has really put a damper on my excitement for the game. Really hoping the next DLC kicks ass.