If you want to make money playing any game, easy, get gud and win the twitch lottery (or be well known prior). Shroud has 26000 (yes twenty six THOUSAND) subscribers and even if you get 50 cents off each sub (last I heard a few years ago it was like 1.50-2 for your average streamer) just think of how much that is a month. That doesn't even include his preroll ad that he mentioned is another 20%

Deleted
    It's also funny that you mention the Moose Mount (Blizzard will probably never do something like this again)
    ???
    They already had with the new Spellwing from Heroic Antorus the Unmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by beatmyface View Post
    I’m an American and still don’t get it. Too many people live beyond their means.

I make just a hair more than 35k/yr and have zero issues. House/truck are paid off and just have the standard bills. Paid both of them off on the same salary.
    You live in a super low cost area (Indiana) according to your profile. So yeah, could do you do what you're doing on 17.5k? Everything literally costs about twice as much where I live, that's the point.

As someone above said, cost of living matters a lot when talking about whether or not earnings are good. Boosting or gold farming is a lot higher multiple of the minimum wage in China than in America..

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you want to make money playing any game, easy, get gud and win the twitch lottery (or be well known prior). Shroud has 26000 (yes twenty six THOUSAND) subscribers and even if you get 50 cents off each sub (last I heard a few years ago it was like 1.50-2 for your average streamer) just think of how much that is a month. That doesn't even include his preroll ad that he mentioned is another 20%
    Twitch gives you a cut based on what tier of streamer they consider you (mostly based on size and subs). It starts at 50-50 (i.e. you get $2.50 per sub) and then starts getting better and better. I've heard of 75-25 splits (i.e. streamer gets $4 and Twitch gets $1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    ???
    They already had with the new Spellwing from Heroic Antorus the Unmaker.
    Whoops, forgot about that. Still surprising to me that they would do it knowing how much Moose Mount got boosted, but maybe Blizzard is using it as bait to crack down.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Twitch gives you a cut based on what tier of streamer they consider you (mostly based on size and subs). It starts at 50-50 (i.e. you get $2.50 per sub) and then starts getting better and better. I've heard of 75-25 splits (i.e. streamer gets $4 and Twitch gets $1)
    Yea, so someone with 10k-26k subs, they're making a damn bankroll. Think it was sloot who mentioned it YEARS ago how much you get off subs, they can't tell you anymore though, against policy.

And now there's twitch prime subs and tiered subs.... Twitch prime subs alone probably increased subs across the board substantially

I asked an old friend of mine if they wouldn't mind sending me their Paypal transactions for a 2 month period to illustrate the amount that they were paid. ...
    This was informative, thanks. I guess this does skew the numbers higher than I thought they were. Maybe 50k is indeed achievable not just in special cases if you try hard.

Told you mortals I would be hard to beat...

But no one listened. :'( It's just like when I was a World Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

Stop talking, lootbag :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Stop talking, lootbag :-)
    Ouch...

Right in the Pantheon Trinket Chances.

Ehehehe....

Ouch...

Right in the Pantheon Trinket Chances.

Ehehehe....
    I'll go right along with your little charade if you drop one for me.... please?

Seriously splitting hairs, but to be correct, that would be $3 (not $4) and $1
    (If out of $5 I guess is the sub it would be $3.75 and $1.25 )

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Seriously splitting hairs, but to be correct, that would be $3 (not $4) and $1
    3.74 and 1.25 if we want to get REAL technical, twitch sub tier 1 is 4.99.

Yea, so someone with 10k-26k subs, they're making a damn bankroll. Think it was sloot who mentioned it YEARS ago how much you get off subs, they can't tell you anymore though, against policy.

And now there's twitch prime subs and tiered subs.... Twitch prime subs alone probably increased subs across the board substantially
    People with that many subs are obviously quite rare though, but you make incredible money if you are that point.

I'll go right along with your little charade if you drop one for me.... please?
    That depends, will you Join the Master, and help him with the Pantheon's Corruption? Would you watch and laugh as I unmake the Universe? Would you help us re-create the Universe, without Corruption, and without Chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    People with that many subs are obviously quite rare though, but you make incredible money if you are that point.
    Doesn't take 26k to make a living though, plenty of 500-1000 sub people out there who can at least pull enough to live comfortably, and those are the ones that run more ads so they make good ad revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends, will you Join the Master, and help him with the Pantheon's Corruption? Would you watch and laugh as I unmake the Universe? Would you help us re-create the Universe, without Corruption, and without Chaos?
    Like most people I just want to watch the world burn, what you do with it after is up to you.

Doesn't take 26k to make a living though, plenty of 500-1000 sub people out there who can at least pull enough to live comfortably, and those are the ones that run more ads so they make good ad revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Like most people I just want to watch the world burn, what you do with it after is up to you.
    Oh for sure, I know some streamers who average like a 1000 viewers and can they can live of it.

Deleted

You're like the worst meme, please get better at playing the boss meme.

Deleted
    Just give me the damn trinket and I will show your so called Master who the Boss is!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

It's also not their only form of income, a lot of countries have exploits to get some kind of payment from the government if you're a student or a young professional starting out. In Sweden for example you get paid if you're enrolled in uni, you don't even need to show up all the time, you just get that easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that 'good ad revenue' does not exist. Way to much adblocking and completely garbage rates.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death