Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    not everything needs to be equal all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The male Zandalari that are currently in game mostly use Night Elf animations. The walk, run, stealth, jump, sit, pretty much all emotes... It's all the exact same as Night Elves. Unless Blizzard is secretly overhauling the entire race, the Horde does not get 2 brand new skeletons. They get 2 fancy Night Elf variants.
    Nah, the Zandalari walk, stand and run are custom on the Isle of Thunder. The rest are all Night Elf anims.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Zandalari trolls and Nightborne have the same skeletons as Night Elves. A unique death animation and a unique idle animation does not a new skeleton make.

Did you skip Suramar? It can't be more obvious if you've ever used the Nightborne disguise.
    Still, they have something extra, which the alliance races don't. Unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Still, they have something extra, which the alliance races don't. Unfair.
    Void Elves transform in combat, is that not extra?

Fun fact: the nomenclature blizzard is going with (allied race vs. sub-race) inherently has 2 implications.

1)These are not merely factions/customization options within our existing races. They are, at least lore wise, completely different factions.

2)They can absolutely be entirely new races, but will be "less than" a full playable race, in terms of not having a "home city," a more limited class selection, etc.

Additionally, Blizzard has strongly implied they fully intend on adding more allied races -- while they haven't explicitly laid out any plans, the repeated use of "at launch" seems (to me at least) to suggest that we could see a new allied race with every 8.x series patch. By the time 9.0 hits, I'd expect the number of playable races to have nearly doubled (Blackrock Orcs, Vulpera, Ogres all coming to mind as potential horde allied races, with the Tortololololol, Kul'Tirasians, and Mechagnomes coming to mind for alliance just off the top of my head).

If you're unhappy with perceived imbalanced for 8.0's launch, look forward to potential future releases then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    When will Alliance get 2 brand new races?
    Edit: ...Races
    copied from blizzards page:
    http:// worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-races
    ALLIED RACES
    "Experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new 6 playable Allied Races. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race.
    Once an Allied Race is recruited, you can rediscover Azeroth through a revamped leveling experience featuring zones that scale as your character grows in power. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yes, I agree with that, but that doesn't make it a brand new race over another new race. Race only pertains to species, not the animations. Besides, none of it is actually finished yet, so who knows, there might be some placeholder stuff waiting to get replaced.
    Agreed. Blizzards page about the new races does not actually call them just "races" but "Allied races." They are still 6 of the old races but of Broken Shore origins who developed the Alliance against the Burning Legion cause. The are not called Allied because they are on the allies side but are Allied between Horde and Alliance from the Broken Shore invasions. I don't see them as new races but just as a way to introduce the new leveling platform and bring the broken shore developments to the rest of azeroth.

Hope the next allied races are better for Alliance. But Knowing blizz, they'll retcon something else into existence for the Alliance while the horde gets an established race.

Honestly I would be lying if I didn't feel a little underwhelmed by the allied races the Alliance is getting, but I'm hopeful that we'll get some good in a later patch/expansion. Hopefully vrykul!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Honestly I would be lying if I didn't feel a little underwhelmed by the allied races the Alliance is getting, but I'm hopeful that we'll get some good in a later patch/expansion. Hopefully vrykul!
    Tirasian are likely candidates, and they're vrykul-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Tirasian are likely candidates, and they're vrykul-ish.
    Tirasians are mostly regular humans, even the stout monster hunter-types aren't culturally distinct from their countrymen that use the playable human model. Like with brown (and gray) orcs, it should really just be added as a customizable option for playable humans.

Vrykul and ogres as the Horde counterpart would be amazing and is what players have been asking for, for years.

Plus:

Badass Norse Giants > Slavic Vincent D'Onofrio
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-12-14 at 01:44 PM.

Tirasians are mostly regular humans, even the stout monster hunter-types aren't culturally distinct from their countrymen that use the playable human model. Like with brown (and gray) orcs, it should really just be added as a customizable option for playable humans.

Vrykul and ogres as the Horde counterpart would be amazing and is what players have been asking for, for years.
    Vrykul are awful and "muh unique viking culture" is a dumb reason for a race to be added, especially as Alliance, and especially as the counterpart to Ogres, an actual new race.

Plus:

Badass Norse Giants > Slavic Vincent D'Onofrio
    Vrykul and ogres can't be made playable the way they are, because they're way too big.

Playable vrykul and playable ogres would be some specific faction or subrace. Tirasian may be just that.

Also, playable ogres would have to be lore-wise smarter than most ogres in Azeroth, probably some kind of kajamite or arcane influenced ogres who got smaller. The playable character isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed, but they're not "me smash you die" dumb either.

The new BG in Silithus has ogre ruins that look like the ones from WoD (back when they were smart), it could be the first hint at this race of ogres existing somewhere in the South Seas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul and ogres can't be made playable the way they are, because they're way too big.
    if i get one dollar fo every time this was said i would build blizzard and make the horde playables.

But, no, they are not too big, in lore taurens are big than both of then
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-14 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i i get one dollar fo every time this was said i would build blizzard and make the horde playables.

But, no, they are not too big, in lore taurens are big than both of then
    Sure, you could shrink them, like they did with Zandalari trolls. But a slightly-taller-than-a-human-Vrykul doesn't look great. And a tauren-sized-ogre is just a fat orc.

In lore ogres only average around 8ft tall, females 7 (as of Traveler). Vrykul could be scaled down to tauren size, which would probably make them more viable as an allied race then.

Playable vrykul and playable ogres would be some specific faction or subrace. Tirasian may be just that.
    The current God-Queen of the Tideskorn, Sigryn was partially put into power by the Kirin Tor. The vrykul prophecy which foretells her ascension to the throne also mentions gaining approval among both vrykul and men. Additionally with Sylvanas trying to enslave Eyir and the Horde gaining a significant foothold on the Broken Isles (and therefore being a more significant threat), the vrykul could easily be pushed towards the Alliance.

Also, playable ogres would have to be lore-wise smarter than most ogres in Azeroth, probably some kind of kajamite or arcane influenced ogres who got smaller. The playable character isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed, but they're not "me smash you die" dumb either.
    Fair enough, but I think Blizzard could find a way to make smart ogres (hopefully Stonemaul) playable if Gilneans worgen and void elves are any indication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Vrykul are awful
    In your opinion.
    and "muh unique viking culture" is a dumb reason for a race to be added, especially as Alliance
    It's not just the cultural basis, it's the aesthetic and race fantasy. And why not on the Alliance? They share a mutual Titanic heritage with the humans, gnomes and dwarves and as much as the Northrend vrykul hate humans, the Tideskorn fought alongside them and even their current God-Queen owes much of her current title to the Kirin Tor, a faction mostly comprised of humans.
    and especially as the counterpart to Ogres, an actual new race.
    Both would be new races, as are Zandalari and Nightborne.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, you could shrink them, like they did with Zandalari trolls. But a slightly-taller-than-a-human-Vrykul doesn't look great. And a tauren-sized-ogre is just a fat orc.
    Turen size ogre is great, they will not look like a fat orc because they are different enough

like this

I hope Horde doesn't get Ogres. Just so they don't get to complete what they had in the RTS games.

7+ Year Old Account

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Guess you haven't been following this site much - both sides gets new races.
    Let me explain it in terms that you can understand.

Re-packaged classes in BFA that are currently playable in game (much like what EA does with their games) does not constitute new playable races.

Only new playable races like Zandalari Trolls and Nightborne are available for the Horde. There are no new playable races on Alliance side when the xpac launches.

Deleted
    When Blizlets are no longer mostly mentally 12yo horde fanbois.
    Not anytime soon now, that is.

You're allowed to play on both factions. I'm excited about all of the new sub-races, because I don't limit myself to just Horde or just Alliance.