Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lore jumped the shark back in WoD. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you try and invest yourself in it beyond appreciating the visual spectacle.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Sargeras rise from the clouds was definitely an 'OH SHIT' moment, and it wouldn't make sense to give him more screen time or else he'd use it to kill Azeroth completely.

What more do ppl want?

If it were me, I would have added another boss after Argus. That you'd have to fight Sargeras in the same way you fought Argus -- not at full size/strength -- in order to seal him away forever.

I will admit that it felt 'too easy', especially since at any point Sargeras could have turned around and swatted the raid away like dust. It's just the same thing the entire expansion -- the Legion dramatically underestimated the heroes, and so the heroes won because the villains were idiots.

I liked how he was hidden in a cloud formation, it's much more sinister and ominous than 'big bad is right in front of your fucking eyes'

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he had the power of argus for alogn time, not the rest of them.
    also he is not the reason, he is what makes them come back much faster, demons have allways regenerated, sargeras just made them regen faster using argus's soul

- - - Updated - - -

we only saw velens and it was in absolute releif as his multiple thousands year war was over
    Oh yeah.
    /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the more interesting things here are the "sword didnt cause massive upheavals to the planet" where I'm fairly certain the energy output of a standard raid focused on a singular target would be enough to ionise the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I liked how he was hidden in a cloud formation, it's much more sinister and ominous than 'big bad is right in front of your fucking eyes'
    he was the cloud, not hidden in it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temna View Post
    One of the more interesting things here are the "sword didnt cause massive upheavals to the planet" where I'm fairly certain the energy output of a standard raid focused on a singular target would be enough to ionise the atmosphere.
    That's why raids are instances, every time you kill a final raid boss, you kill another little Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Spoilers...

Theres very few rules in storytelling but a big one is to make the threats credible, to make the challenge worthy of your heroes quest. This was Sargeras, first appearance in full form in a cinematic and hes THE big bad so they had only one mandate: make him credible. And....they got it utterly wrong.

1. They have the guy hiding in a cloud like a coward.
    2. The cinematic is basically Sargeras getting his ass kicked.
    3. He whines and screams like a baby.
    4. He gets jailed and now illidan is going to kick his ass for eternity.
    5. Sargeras kills ZERO lore heroes on his way out.
    6. Velen, Khadgar, and co actually look BORED watching this play out.

Now, it might feel really cool to you TODAY to see this. But this irreparably does damage to the lore. You see, Sargeras’ victories are ALL off screen, rumored, little to no corroboration for any of it. THIS is his FIRST screen time EVER. that means going forward THIS cinematic WILL define who Sargeras is. For the next 10 years, when kids ask “who is sargeras?” People will tell them to watch this video. And they will come away with the impression that Sargeras is an inept stupid moron that loses despite his massive size. In short, his lore will be dimished to that of an imperial stormtrooper over time.

Some people should be fired for this cinematic. They had one job. And they blew it.
    What video were you watching? Azeroth was damaged, not Lore, Lore is the brother of Data from Star Trek and I never once saw him in this video

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    he is the clouds, not hiding in them, as he forms the clouds go away.
    the cinematic is sargeras fucking slaughtering our planet, then getting jailed
    he whines and screams? what?
    he says "no" and he raors...
    illidan isnt gunna do shit byt fucking berate him
    you think AT FUCKING ALL sargeras was gunna kill someone?
    i think you got "upmost horror and disbeleif" mixed with bored.
    also velen is happy to after thousands of fucking years to finally be over with it.

your opinion is well put, but just... bad...
    they did AN AMAZING JOB with the cinematic, and maybe you shoudlent be a jackass claiming they should be fired, teron did a fucking amazing job

- - - Updated - - -

he had to approach, during it you slowly see the clouds approach and form.
    the portal to argus was made, and then it would only be a matter of time until he would use it to get to azeroth
    also he didnt have the titans all along, he only recently got them, like for example we come in just in time to save Eonar from being enslaved
    cinematic was a shit piece of garbage.
    /spit@Blizzard

he was the cloud, not hidden in it
    it makes literally no difference sis

ITT: people who don't understand the lore complaining that the cinematic damaged something they didn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    cinematic was a shit piece of garbage.
    Why though? Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I was hoping for some plottwist but i guess the stabbing is supposed to be that. they shouldn't have put that silithus crap on the PTR.
    You spoiled the reveal for yourself by reading data mined content. That's on you, not Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    You spoiled the reveal for yourself by reading data mined content. That's on you, not Blizzard.
    on the one hand, sure.

on the other hand, blizzard balances and designs the game around the fact that everything is datamined and public before live release AND they have managed to keep major story elements hidden this expansion before.

Good lore in this game was gone forever after Arthas, why do some people still believe it can be better today?

I bet you also liked the most universally critical critiqued movies as well if you want current wow lore to become better. Which it never will become!

Get this into your brain already! stop being so delusional with hoping for better lore, it will not happend. It stopped after Arthas died in Icc!!

If you expect current better wow lore all the time you will only be dissapointed, every single time.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2017-12-12 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    on the one hand, sure.

on the other hand, blizzard balances and designs the game around the fact that everything is datamined and public before live release AND they have managed to keep major story elements hidden this expansion before.
    By encrypting things. I'm pretty sure the sword wasn't even visible until live, though I could be mistaken. I guess they could have completely disabled the zone, but that kind of eliminates the purpose of a test realm. People thought it was all sorts of things at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Good lore in this game was gone forever after Arthas, why do some people still believe it can be better today?

I bet you also liked the most universally critical critiqued movies as well if you want current wow lore to become better. Which it never will become!

Get this into your brain already! stop being so delusional with hoping for better lore, it will not happend. It stopped after Arthas died in Icc!!

If you expect current better wow lore all the time you will only be dissapointed, every single time.
    Arthas was prob the worst char they ever created. Comparable with thrall.
    I have no idea how people have any fondness towards him tbqh

I agree with you on only one thing, and that's that Sargeras didn't have accomplishments in-game that make his villainous defeat as a character rewarding.

The thing to remember is that all the way since Warcraft 1 Kil'jaeden has been the real big bad of World of Warcraft. Devious and cunning, he created the demon-fueled orcish horde that sparked everything. Even Illidan cowered before him when he showed up in the flesh.

And when we finally got him proper in Legion (TBC wasn't that interesting) we learned of him manipulating Velen's son to turn on him, and really got that personal edge on it that made him a character rather than just a threat.

Sargeras on the other hand has always kind of been the looming, amorphous threat. He didn't even have to do anything, just the threat of him TRYING to get here was the threat in and of itself because once he was here, game over.

What I'm trying to get at is Sargeras is a more "primal, undefeatable force of nature" sort of villain whereas Kil'jaeden was the villain character of the Burning Legion, and they were both handled appropriately for what they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    5. He stabbed the fucking world. Azeroth is a lore character, who is now gravely wounded. Though I spose, his hand smashing the vindicaar on the way out would have been shocking.
    Can someone make that into an alternate ending?

Velen: SHIT SHIT SHIT NOT AGAIN!!!!
    * crash *

Draenei woman joke: How do you crash into a planet? That's what I'd like to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Like we were actually going to fight Sargeras anyway. We'd all be dead and the game would be over with.
    this.

remember fighting deathwing? we needed FOUR ASPECTS to help defeat a writhing head and some claw feet while (treading water?) in a fucking whirlpool.

deathwing is a gnat compared to sargeras.

the enormity of that fight is a place where blizzard has not yet ventured too, and sadly think they never will.

full disclosure, I was really, really looking forward to a batshit insane fight involving crazy amounts of throwback characters, and anduin channeling his mass rez into a super rez and reviving Broxigar and his badass wooden axe
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2017-12-12 at 10:03 PM.