Poll: Would you allow your child/pretend child to listen to Eminem?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sure, Eminem is pretty damn tame compared to many others who only rap about gangs, selling crack and killing people.
    You forgot the hoes and raping said hoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You forgot the hoes and raping said hoes.
    Hehe true

So I listen to groups that are far far far worse then eminem and i let my 6 year old listen to some of the songs but the really gorey songs i dont play in front of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just be glad they weren't listening to anklepants and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I would just be glad they weren't listening to anklepants and move on.
    WTF did I just google there..

Deleted
    I hope you are not a parent if you ask such questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    WTF did I just google there..
    That's some shit, you never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 no
    15 yes

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Taught my kid to swear at age 5 just so that I didn't have to watch my language around him. In retrospect, probably not my best parenting move but long-term it worked out well.
    Avoided swear words around my daughter so whenever one slipped out, we got Severe Looks or even Reprimands. Right until the time when she started playing online, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Children have no business listening to Eminem. An adult, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he is a choir boy in comparison......

He does hate Kim, or well he did, also his daughter Hailie is getting pretty hot.

I know he just released a new song but the kids really don't care about Eminem and his stuff is pretty tame in comparison to other stuff out there. Have you listened to popular music nowadays?

I'm sad that his new song is so meh, I've liked a lot of his stuff in the past even if it's not my genre of music. I like when people talk about real shit in their lyrics, not about dropping $$$/popping bottles in the club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up listening to that kind of music when I was young, 5 no...but teens I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sure, Eminem is pretty damn tame compared to many others who only rap about gangs, selling crack and killing people.
    Also he uses pretty proper English.

if i had any kids they'd be free to listen to whatever they want.

As a teen, sure, but wtf with the 5 year old stuff. At the end of the day, you (should) know your kid and whether they are mature enough.

Let is also an ambiguous term. It's one thing to push it on your child, another if he and friends are listening to it and that is the moment you realise.

Of course!

Shouldve heard the shit my parents played on the stereo while i was around back in the day!

a 15 year old? Of course, earlier too, 5 year old may not find it very interesting tbh.

There's radio friendly version for younger listeners, don't see the harm in that.

Besides at the age of 10 onwards I really doubt you can control what your kid listens to

Once they're old and mature enough to understand the lyrics and the point of the message yes.

As long as they live under my roof they will listen to Sesame Street Sing-a-longs!

Or, rather, not for most of the age range listed, but once they're getting into their teenage years we don't plan on censoring what they listen to. Given that they'll be walking around with a their own music library at all times on their phone we don't see the point in pushing for an unenforceable rule.