Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    The thing I'm guessing is that Thalyssra didn't really choose between the horde/alliance, she chose Liadrin over Tyrande. We can see in the Suramar storyline that Liadrin is a lot more sympathetic to the Nightborne's plight. Tyrande is very critical and dismissive.
    Tyrande is very critical and dismissive to everyone except Malfurion. I've always hated her, and her voice actress does not make thing easier

Deleted
    I'm not sure, if people just miss this, but even on the vindicaar blizzard gives us a hint about nightborne joining the horde. You can find Liadrin and Silgryn by the mission map in one of the zoned of argus. Liadrin will have an option for you to listen to their conversation. That bring said, iIcan't wait to play that sexy dark iron dwarf will all of those new vo's and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Tyrande is very critical and dismissive to everyone except Malfurion. I've always hated her, and her voice actress does not make thing easier
    Don't know why they made her Jamaican when all the fucking other Night Elves don't sound like they just got back from a Peter Tosh concert.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I just can't stomach a pretty race on my old Horde. They brought with them the most annoying people from the Alliance. On top of that they are usually the obnoxious people that have horde symbol tattoos, car stickers, shirts, beer cozies, bookmarks, computer cases, engraved desks, cock rings, etc. who scream "FOR THE HORDE" in public.
    Really? All the over the Top Horde Fans I know all play Trolls, Orcs and Undead. I don't know any BE Mains that are Horde Fanboys. I find the most obnoxious Horde Fanboys to be the ones that get all flustered because of a "pretty" race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Really? All the over the Top Horde Fans I know all play Trolls, Orcs and Undead. I don't know any BE Mains that are Horde Fanboys. I find the most obnoxious Horde Fanboys to be the ones that get all flustered because of a "pretty" race.
    Fair point oddballs can't be contained I suppose. It's more of a personal experience if anything. I swapped to Alliance completely after Wrath and haven't been back since.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by chuk102 View Post
    I would have loved to see Horde get High Mountain Tauren, Zandalri Trolls, and Ogres.
    Alliance would get Broken Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Vrykul (or maybe the new humans from the Kul Tiras)
    Nightbourne felt weird because the alliance was just as helpful to them as the horde (obviously we don't know the story yet but from the current standpoint it seems weird) and the new Draenei and void elves are just kinda lame copies of already present races.
    What do you think?
    Totally agree, but I'd rather have new Kul Tirans than Vrykul, I think their addtion would be more coherent lorewise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Freeing Illidan ended up a good decision. MoP scenario was to make Varian great. She is an Alliance leader which worked with the Horde, the faction that attacked her lands but even at the end she acknowledged the Horde PC. Attacking the nightborne when the war between Alliance and Horde began and Night Elves lost all of their homelands is stupid and illogical. They were always in Kalimdor, the continent is crucial to them. Their sacred forest, temples, world tree and many other things are still located there and they attack Suramar? A pure arcane city which night elves are not fond of? Only through Blizz logic and nothing else.
    I never said they were bad, I even said that in my post....

All show she's impulsive and aggressive. Regardless of how important Kalimdor is to them doesn't matter, it's on fire and it's Horde now.

How is her going to the functioning largest none Kalimdor based NE community is illogical (also her childhood home)? NE have has arcane for a while anyway now.

I'm suggesting she roles up there asks for aid they tell her to fuck off. She gets angry, like she is known to do, tries to take the city. Makes sense and fits in with her character.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    I agree. I think their where some weird choices.

Lightforced seemed weird....that is more class then faction, void elves are just a class if you ask me. And yes nightfallen seems weird om more then 1 level...Night elfs helped allot ( even leaders showing up to help). And the hord already has 1 group of mana addicts in the ranks...why 2???

I would rather have seen this:

Hord: High mountian tauren, zandalri trolls, half orcs ( you could do half draenei, human, ogre. this would give all kinds of options)
    Alliance: Nightfallen ( hord already has 1 group of addicts elfs...why 2?), dark iron dwarfs, broken ( really this would make WAYYYY more sense then lightforged crap)

You could give the nightfallen to the hord ( weird choice if you ask me) and replace half orcs with this. And then give the alliance high elfs ( there seem to be more out there but allot of people hate this) so i would see them add different type's of gnome's or if you want a pretty race some former legion draenei. ( fel draenei?)
    Honestly going by the way the Krokuun talked to Velen I would almost say it would make more sense to put them on the Horde side. Assuming we are going with the broken from Argus then they wouldn't have any ill will toward the Orcs in anyway, just the Draenei leader that abandoned them.

This whole Ogre (H) / Vrykul (A) thing needs to happen. Literally wouldn't touch either with a ten foot pole, but it still needs to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Did you seen these hot zandalar chicks?

fkin #wrekt

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Like what's been said time and again by now:

These initial Allied races, will not be the last.
    Or so they say. Personally I'm pretty displeased with Lightforged Draenei (god forbid we get broken Draenei they're so FAKE AN GAY LOLZ and you can't sexualize the womans) and Void Elves are pretty boring. Highmountain Tauren are okay or whatever.

If they never deliver more subraces, I'd be quite displeased with what we've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Bruh, I made a similar thread, at the same time you did... Weird

OT : Totally agree, don't get why people don't complain because "elves elves elves", like they did with orcs during WoD
    Old comment but I need point this out. It wasn't just orcs orcs orcs in WoD, but in Cata and MoP as well. Cata had twilight highlands, which was a lot of orc stuff, all horde buildings in Cata look orcish, same thing in MoP with orcish buildings everywhere, outside of the goblin buildings at the swamp, and then WoD with more orcs. There has been so little attention to other horde races (or even races in general) that by the time WoD was over, elves being the thing was like "fucking finally something else".

Quote Originally Posted by chuk102 View Post
    Honestly going by the way the Krokuun talked to Velen I would almost say it would make more sense to put them on the Horde side. Assuming we are going with the broken from Argus then they wouldn't have any ill will toward the Orcs in anyway, just the Draenei leader that abandoned them.
    Yeah that thru. Not saying they are perfect. But more logical then the lightforged.

Deleted
    Agreed, how is it a good idea to have more elves in the Horde? Stop giving the Horde races with Andrew Garfield's physique and affinity to caster classes and give them the giant, fat ass halfwits swinging tree trunks that they always deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Old comment but I need point this out. It wasn't just orcs orcs orcs in WoD, but in Cata and MoP as well. Cata had twilight highlands, which was a lot of orc stuff, all horde buildings in Cata look orcish, same thing in MoP with orcish buildings everywhere, outside of the goblin buildings at the swamp, and then WoD with more orcs. There has been so little attention to other horde races (or even races in general) that by the time WoD was over, elves being the thing was like "fucking finally something else".

While I agree Orc have had maybe too much attention as an Horde race, and even if they're my absolutely favorite race in WoW, I think it's more a matter of opinion than anything really..

I absolutely loved WoD (yeah, you read that right, I'm one of these guys) because of the focus we finally had on the orcish clans (or were supposed to have). But I can understand the "complaints" you quoted. On the other hand, some of these were unfair in my opinion : Cata didn't put the focus on the orcs in parcitular, the dragonmaw was only the Horde allies in TH, a mirror to the Wildhammer dwarves for the Alliance. MoP did put faction war back in the game, but it wasn't an "orc" focus at all (or at least not until SoO).

The thing is, orcs are a MAJOR part of the Warcraft universe and lore. Would you complain because the LOTR saga put too much attention on hobbits ? No, because they're a main part of this universe. But some die hard-narrow-sighted-propaganda-munching Alliance-only players kinda started the orcs-bashing trend, and many people followed, mostly because of the VERY long time we got stuck with SoO.

Again, I agree the other Horde races have had too little time in the spotlight, but the same could be said about the other side of the coin : since Vanilla, Alliance lore revolved exclusively around humans, and yet, no one complains as hard about this.

I'm not an elf lover, it's even the total opposite : To me, they are the incarnation of many IRL extremists' wet dreams, and have been since Tolkien. Knowing this, and considering Legion put a MAJOR focus on elven past and present lore (2 zones, 1 raid, countless dungeons), I really find it dishonest to treat orcs the way people do while elves "get away with it" basically because they look good according to our IRL beauty canons.

Night Elves are kind of jerks to people with addiction and Horde are experts on dealing with magical addiction, Nightborn going horde isn't that crazy to think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Or so they say. Personally I'm pretty displeased with Lightforged Draenei (god forbid we get broken Draenei they're so FAKE AN GAY LOLZ and you can't sexualize the womans) and Void Elves are pretty boring. Highmountain Tauren are okay or whatever.

If they never deliver more subraces, I'd be quite displeased with what we've been given.
    Fake and gay... best description ever (no idea what the hell you even mean with that).

Funny enough the only subrace i will most likely end up playing is the LF Draneai (well i will leave behind my Draneai Priest and remake a LF Draeneai Priest :P )

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I agree the other Horde races have had too little time in the spotlight, but the same could be said about the other side of the coin : since Vanilla, Alliance lore revolved exclusively around humans, and yet, no one complains as hard about this.

I'm not an elf lover, it's even the total opposite : To me, they are the incarnation of many IRL extremists' wet dreams, and have been since Tolkien. Knowing this, and considering Legion put a MAJOR focus on elven past and present lore (2 zones, 1 raid, countless dungeons), I really find it dishonest to treat orcs the way people do while elves "get away with it" basically because they look good according to our IRL beauty canons.
    Well the NE fans don't agree with you (the have been yelling that the NE have basically become absorbed by the Humans).

Unsure why you call it extremist wet dream, though i do agree that the elves are the basic representation of our standard of beauty.

Note: It doesn't bother me, it bother me that they don't try making other thing attractive (i mean... you don't have to look like that to be attractive, heck just look at the many orc fan art out there -male or female-)

I agree void elves are a very very bad idea for a race. if someone saw it before blizzcon wold believe it as a fan fiction race.
    Night-borne don't even mix in the horde the horde was never about purple pink flowers. they are way more alliance than horde.
    just imagine a night-borne in his\her flower transmog, running in Orgrimmar.
    The Light-forged, Dark iron and High-mountain should have been a hairstyle, skin color and tattoo options.
    The only new race that is considered good are the Zandalri Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    I agree void elves are a very very bad idea for a race. if someone saw it before blizzcon wold believe it as a fan fiction race.
    Night-borne don't even mix in the horde the horde was never about purple pink flowers. they are way more alliance than horde.
    just imagine a night-borne in his\her flower transmog, running in Orgrimmar.
    The Light-forged, Dark iron and High-mountain should have been a hairstyle, skin color and tattoo options.
    The only new race that is considered good are the Zandalri Trolls.
    The Nb "problem" is the same as the BE have with Trolls walking down Silvermoon while they go grocery shopping to Orgrimmar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Well the NE fans don't agree with you (the have been yelling that the NE have basically become absorbed by the Humans).

Unsure why you call it extremist wet dream, though i do agree that the elves are the basic representation of our standard of beauty.
    I recommand you read some essays (that I don't have links for, sorry) about Tolkien's works, and the racist undertones I may contain.
    To sum it up (without giving it justice), basically, in Tolkien's works orcs could represent "lesser" races while elves are the archetypical aryans. So, to me, everytime I'm presented with perfect, flawless, beautiful elves, I get call backs from these. It's a personnal thing, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommand you read some essays (that I don't have links for, sorry) about Tolkien's works, and the racist undertones I may contain.
    To sum it up (without giving it justice), basically, in Tolkien's works orcs could represent "lesser" races while elves are the archetypical aryans. So, to me, everytime I'm presented with perfect, flawless, beautiful elves, I get call backs from these. It's a personnal thing, I guess.
    I have heard of it (read like... one article a long time ago... so yeah), and i understand that elves, as in most fantasy settings, are based on Tolkien's work, but i think the game give them a small "push" (not that big) at giving them the past full of flaws, i guess that the ones that in (form they act and are shown with that view) are the HE per se. (the BE have some flaws, the NE do have that vibe but their form of being -life, religion, ways of acting- does bring back some features of races that we would represent as "lesser" -though that's mostly seen in the horde in general, as the Alliance kind of absorb the different races into 1 big culture -mostly human culture-)