Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

A Moment of Silence for the Death of World PvP in Orgrimmar :(

Am i the only one sad about the fact that is no longer possible to PvP in Orgrimmar/Stormwind?
    The 5 min rule was removed and now once you teleport to a major city you get instantly unflagged.
    No more PvP in major cities. Everyones gets instantly unflagged.

I made a crappy B.D/comic about it RIP

https://i.imgur.com/62EhBPL.jpg

sorry for my bad english and drawing skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I know, thank god for that!

Why is there no mention in any of this that your only goal is to take advantage of people in a position of weakness and never actually fight honorably?

Pretty important information.

That sounds great actually.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you OP, it IS a crappy comic.

I wonder how this will impact the world leader kill achievements. Will they become feats of strength? Or tweaked somehow? I will mess being able to creep around enemy cities as a rogue, evading the anti stealth patrols, finding flagged players to ambush and pick off, then trying to make my getaway before a mob of players can kill me. It was a lot of fun back in Wrath through MOP, I ended up transfering to a pve server with some guild mates late MOP. And I'm looking forward to getting to pick and choose when I want to world pvp instead of being locked into one choice or the other long term. But I will miss city pvp still.

Or will city pvp still be there but you just have to purposefully opt into pvp to get into a pvp shard like with non city zones? I'm not sure, but I hope it's possible. I'm fine with people being auto flagged but hope people can still opt into flagging in their home cities.

How is city pvp dead exactly? Because you can't gank the unprepared as they exit battlegrounds? Some people do choose to remain permanently flagged, y'know. And some people even choose to flag after seeing someone from the enemy faction in the city. Both cases I've seen far more often then someone getting ganked coming out of a battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I agree with you OP, it IS a crappy comic.
    I have no skillz in both PvP and Art

#sad

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it's just prep for BfA's All-or-nothing pvp system.

Really in a opt-in system, shouldn't the whole world be "contested" , yes that even means elwynn forest/durotar.

Just make new players start in PvE mode and give them some hints/quest/tutorial they can toggle it in cities.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-12 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    How is city pvp dead exactly? Because you can't gank the unprepared as they exit battlegrounds? Some people do choose to remain permanently flagged, y'know. And some people even choose to flag after seeing someone from the enemy faction in the city. Both cases I've seen far more often then someone getting ganked coming out of a battleground.
    If that is the case all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Am i the only one sad about the fact that is no longer possible to PvP in Orgrimmar/Stormwind?
    The 5 min rule was removed and now once you teleport to a major city you get instantly unflagged.
    No more PvP in major cities. Everyones gets instantly unflagged.

I made a crappy B.D/comic about it RIP

https://i.imgur.com/62EhBPL.jpg

sorry for my bad english and drawing skills
    how many more fucking posts regarding WPvP are you going to make?

I wonder how many other changes like this we will see leading up to the classic release. Things like this are essentially making certain 'features' exclusive to classic wow. I wouldn't mind seeing retail wow go full blown carebear and have all the hardcore gameplay elements be saved for classic.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Wait a second...you are right!
    Coming Battle for Azeroth people will choose to have PvP enabled...
    So maybe it will still be possible in BfA! OMG

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second...you are right!
    Coming Battle for Azeroth people will choose to have PvP enabled...
    So maybe it will still be possible in BfA! OMG
    It would be awesome if the Home faction isn't safe anymore in their Cities, after the pvp-toggle system. Right now cities and 1-10 areas are safe even in pvp realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It would be awesome if the Home faction isn't safe anymore in their Cities, after the pvp-toggle system. Right now cities and 1-10 areas are safe even in pvp realms.
    PVP realms won't exist anymore, so there definitely won't be any imposed danger on the main cities.

Deleted
    I thought your RP was "The Assassin of Stormwind" Shadowpunkz, did you branch out?

On topic: You've made this thread before, and have made numerous posts in others' about this.

Let it go, noone cares, the vast majority of people are glad it's gone.

The death of borderline exploits of Cities mechanics to gank in WoW ?

It was even lamer than Flymasters ganking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I thought your RP was "The Assassin of Stormwind" Shadowpunkz, did you branch out?

On topic: You've made this thread before, and have made numerous posts in others' about this.

Let it go, noone cares, the vast majority of people are glad it's gone.
    I did this in both Sotrmwind and Orgrimmar

But...but...i care. No one else cares? Is everyone glad this changed?

Deleted
    I did this in both Sotrmwind and Orgrimmar

But...but...i care. No one else cares? Is everyone glad this changed?
    You're asking "everyone" in the hopes that they'll answer either yes or no, letting your thread live on.

Yes. They are. Let it go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    how many more fucking posts regarding WPvP are you going to make?
    Dude it's either that, "prestige" or transmog hate

Pick your poison