Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's get together!

Greetings to all of you fans of World of Warcraft Classic. I wondered, why there ia no one big community for all fans, like we are? So it turns out, here it is! <snip> this is a site with news and forums related to vanilla wow.
    Let's all gather in one place where we can communicate, discuss, share impressions and memories.Together we will make this community big and strong! As Albert Einstein said: Man can find meaning in life only through devoting himself to society.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-12-15 at 01:28 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This'll get deleted real quick. Sorry homie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallly View Post
    Greetings to all of you fans of World of Warcraft Classic. I wondered, why there ia no one big community for all fans, like we are? So it turns out, here it is! worldofclassic.net this is a site with news and forums related to vanilla wow.
    Let's all gather in one place where we can communicate, discuss, share impressions and memories.Together we will make this community big and strong! As Albert Einstein said: Man can find meaning in life only through devoting himself to society.
    You mean like a sub forum on an existing fan site? With almost 1000 threads, and 50,000 posts? Man I wish something like that existed...

Enjoy your ban for advertising your crappy site and your vain attempt to poach users.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You mean like a sub forum on an existing fan site? With almost 1000 threads, and 50,000 posts? Man I wish something like that existed...

Enjoy your ban for advertising your crappy site and your vain attempt to poach users.
    1000 threads out of which like half is about bs changes that no one even imagined in vanilla made by people who play the game that vanilla fans hate.

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    1000 threads out of which like half is about bs changes that no one even imagined in vanilla made by people who play the game that vanilla fans hate.
    Yup /10chars

Deleted
    Aaaaaand another narrow minded purist zombie drone bites the dust

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Aaaaaand another narrow minded purist zombie drone bites the dust
    Can people like you actualy use arguments or just insults? Why am I narrow minded? Because if I'm told that I'll get Vanilla WoW I expect the game to be as close to the original as possible?
    Basicaly it looks like this: tell FIFA fan that next game he will get is his favourite FIFA and then give him PES and expect him to be happy. If not - call him narrow minded.

Deleted
    Greetings to all of you fans of World of Warcraft Classic. I wondered, why there ia no one big community for all fans, like we are? So it turns out, here it is! worldofclassic.net this is a site with news and forums related to vanilla wow.
    As Marx once said, Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because a person can't play retail, and also be interested in vanilla, either as is or, "vanilla+". SMH
    by all means... enjoy worldofclassic.net

Deleted
    Yes, because a person can't play retail, and also be interested in vanilla, either as is or, "vanilla+". SMH
    by all means... enjoy worldofclassic.net
    I wonder when (if) people will realise that mixing retail with vanilla (that's what all pro-changes people realy want) won't make anyone happy. It won't be retail, it won't be vanilla. It will some weird creation stitched from elements of both, not liked by both groups.
    But go ahead. You can mock me (and other vanilla fans) as much as you wan't if that makes you feel superior or whatever.

Deleted

99.999942312532434195% of the threads and posts are just the same toxic shit this whole damn forum is

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, advertising is a no no.
    Secondly, who cares?
    Third and last, even with sites like those, the community would still be scattered among many sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    99.999942312532434195% of the threads and posts are just the same toxic shit this whole damn forum is
    Means, it'll be less if people went on another site to do it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    By all means... if you think that website will be any different. You know where to go...

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder when (if) people will realise that mixing retail with vanilla (that's what all pro-changes people realy want) won't make anyone happy. It won't be retail, it won't be vanilla. It will some weird creation stitched from elements of both, not liked by both groups.
    But go ahead. You can mock me (and other vanilla fans) as much as you wan't if that makes you feel superior or whatever.
    I'm mocking your black and white attitude, not your purist view on vanilla.

Is there a difference for the purist who dont want a Battle net integration for playing a Blizard product or a retailers who wants Karazhan in Vanailla ?
    As my ex father in law says He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.

The site looks fantastic. Where do I go to not sign up!!!!

I'm not even a classic fan but i can see through this post. That site is just a lame way to get email addresses and then sell them off

Deleted
    I'm mocking your black and white attitude, not your purist view on vanilla.
    The level of ego here is astonishing. It's not about my view or opinion. Neither is it about yours or all trolls here. It's about what will make people put their money on the table. Change vanilla too much and Blizzard will lose potential revenue from people who want vanilla to be as pure as possible. And only reason to do that is to make people who are paying subscription anyway happy. You see logical argumant for vanilla to be vanilla here? Or still you are more focused on your flawed approach of mocking people with different opinion?

The level of ego here is astonishing. It's not about my view or opinion. Neither is it about yours or all trolls here. It's about what will make people put their money on the table. Change vanilla too much and Blizzard will lose potential revenue from people who want vanilla to be as pure as possible. And only reason to do that is to make people who are paying subscription anyway happy. You see logical argumant for vanilla to be vanilla here? Or still you are more focused on your flawed approach of mocking people with different opinion?
    Tell you the truth I don't want Vanilla changed a lot but do think some QoL things should be added, classes/specs balanced, and maybe some type of different PvP system that doesn't force you to have 2 people play 1 character or have health problems after reaching Grand Marshal. Only add QoL when you can ask if it will affect the social structure, gameplay, or traveling/exploring the game. If you answer no to all 3 of these and it would make the game more enjoyable then I don't mind if they add it.

That being said I am not worried about the purists that do leave and everyone else shouldn't be either. Look at it this way. If you do these things then the player base will grow exponentially. What the "purists" that will leave make up a small fraction of the player base. For example if they balance classes/specs. Only 25% of specs are playable in high end raids or PvP. So a small fraction of the 25% are "purists" that will leave if there are any changes. With the 75% of other specs now playable also, you gained a ton more players that can finally play their favorite spec in Vanilla. The amount of money and players that blizzard will gain just from this 1 tweek alone makes it worth it. Fiddle with a couple numbers on a spread sheet, test it out a little bit, and bam you suddenly have balanced specs.

To all the purists out there with your elitist attitudes. Don't let the door hit ya in the rear on your way out. For dramatic effect I will be waving in the window as you do the walk of shame away lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you need to stop looking at this as some sort of last ditch effort/cash grab. I'm actually still of the opinion that Blizzard needs to thumb their noses at all of you. Your ungrateful and indignant attitude is quite frankly disgusting, and very unbecoming for someone who is most assuredly of an age to know better. Your behavior is that of a bratty child.

This is your reality check! Wake up! As a current subscriber, I too want classic to be PURE. I've said that, and yet you're still fucking coming at me like I'm the opposition. Again, I mock you not for opinion (which isn't different than mine btw ) I mock you for your inability to see it as anything other than us vs them, black and white, all or nothing.

You have the same issues as the OP from this thread:
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers.

Because those people are not supposed to play on Classic Servers. The plan is to bring people that quit back to play Classic and probably try to move them to play BfA or whatever expansion is current at the time, not to dilute Wow's player base.
    I have to tell you that on its face... your logic has me floored.

Assume for a second that the people that want classic that quit, and the people that also want classic and continued to subscribe, liked the same things about vanilla.

Who then would you listen to?

Your fair weather friend?

or

Your loyal consumer, who has stuck with you through thick and thin?

There is an obvious choice there. Honestly, your plea sounds like nothing more than exclusionary tactics because... reasons.

Your issue is that you can't see people enjoying both. You assume that classic is specifically designed to bring back players that have quit... it isn't. You also assume that players that have quit, have done so for one solitary reason... the game changed. I am so happy that I am the one who gets to tell you, that there are a plethora of other reasons why players have quit this game.

This is the fatal flaw in your logic. Coincidentally your HUGE blind spot, makes you ill suited to be "listened to".

/thread
    People can be currently subscribed AND be interested in playing vanilla, and not be interested in the vanilla+ (as I like to call it) that some people are asking for. But you have this disdain and hatred, an inappropriate and unwarranted disrespect for people that continued to play and enjoy the game after you stopped playing. Because WE are stupid, and YOU are enlightened. Fuck off! The only ego here is yours and it definitely needs to be deflated.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-12-13 at 04:42 PM.

You have the same issues as the OP from this thread:
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription?
    People can be currently subscribed AND be interested in playing vanilla, and not be interested in the vanilla+ (as I like to call it) that some people are asking for. But you have this disdain and hatred, an inappropriate and unwarranted disrespect for people that continued to play and enjoy the game after you stopped playing. Because WE are stupid, and YOU are enlightened. Fuck off! The only ego here is yours and it definitely needs to be deflated.
    No, subscribers are not the least bit hateful to me. I just expressed my concern that there are already a lot of change requests from retail players (at least on this forum). Besides, i don't believe that anyone can be fully invested in both games.