10+ Year Old Account
    Actual article on the allegations, btw. Pretty disgusting stuff. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ive-ex-players

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Also, not unexpected that we would lose to Miami in Miami, but this still sucks balls. We could have clinched the division, and now we have to beat Pittsburgh cause if we don't we end up in Pittsburgh in the playoffs and nobody wants to be in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Then again, if we don't get people back from injuries we are doomed anyway. Already praying that Chung is not seriously hurt, cause otherwise we'd have a load of Richardson playing and he's my private THAT GUY on the team who can't do anything right. Eitherway, without Van Noy and Flowers (and Chung too), we'd have an almost impossible task to stop the Pittsburgh offense.

Gronk will help the offense, with Hogan back and hopefully less rusty next week, but we desperately need defensive players to step up and get healthy.
    Stop complaining.
    You don't have it bad. You have it better than everybody else.
    STOP COMPLAINING.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the game was amusing, especially when the punt hit the guy in the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Stop complaining.
    You don't have it bad. You have it better than everybody else.
    STOP COMPLAINING.
    Pats fans are an insufferable lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh the pats miss a edelman type of person this season, and hogan was very rusty and i didnt expect they would miss gronk this much tbh.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-12-12 at 11:22 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    People have a right to complain, dudes

Devin Hester is retiring.
    Last edited by Piglord; 2017-12-12 at 04:25 PM.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Devin Hester is retiring.
    Not unexpected, but still a shame.

Fun fact, Hester was one of many small reasons I started watching football in '07. He'd been so huge in the '06 campaign for the Bears that people were talking about him leading up to the '06 Superbowl. Then he had the opening kickoff return for a TD.

I played a F2P online MMO back then, some cheap topdown Zelda like game, and on the forums there had been some chatter about the Superbowl before hand and then during the game. I found it somewhat interesting and wondered what the game was like that was being played and being up against such an awesome player. Not interested enough to try and find a stream (internet streams were not nearly as good or as common back then, so it wasn't as easy a decision as it would be to go watch something now) but interested enough that it gave me a favourable impression of the game. Fun fact no.2: I knew who Peyton Manning was before I knew who Tom Brady was.

Either way, something about that thread about the Superbowl and Devin Hester's returns was interesting enough that it influenced me to stop when I was channel surfing months later and came across an NFL game being played on an American Sports channel on TV. Which eventually lead to my current obsession.

So thanks Hester, hope you have a good life outside of football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Wentz is this year's Carr.

I wonder where Luck's career goes from here.
    He's going to be a deer in the headlights while finding out his OC has been replaced with a clueless rookie who's playbook is right out of Techmo Bowl?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol why are people making such a fuzz about the way Bill Belicheck speaks to the media lol if Greg popovich does it people cheer him on but if Bill does it (and hes way softer then Popovich) its a problem lol.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Green Bay needs to fire McCarthy and Thompson. Green Bay would be bottom 5 in the league without Rodgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots sign WR Kenny Britt to a 2 year deal. After last night's game that's not all that surprising. Patriots need that slot presence and Amendola is not getting it done. Hopefully Britt can adapt quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Green Bay needs to fire McCarthy and Thompson. Green Bay would be bottom 5 in the league without Rodgers.
    Eh. They played 7 games without him. Lost 4, won 3. That's not bottom 5. Teams they lost to are all currently playoff bound too, so not losses to bad teams. I think their coaching staff and front office actually need a pat on the back. They didn't do that badly with the roster they have and the team they put on the field.

Yes, Rodgers lifts a probable .500 team to play off candidate, but I think most good QB's do. Hundley has had a play or 2 here and there, but he's mostly been a sub par QB. With even an above average QB, I think Green Bay is on the fringe of making the playoffs. That means their coaching staff and frontoffice aren't doing that badly all things considered. Especially not given injuries elsewhere (like RB ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not unexpected, but still a shame.

Fun fact, Hester was one of many small reasons I started watching football in '07. He'd been so huge in the '06 campaign for the Bears that people were talking about him leading up to the '06 Superbowl. Then he had the opening kickoff return for a TD.

I played a F2P online MMO back then, some cheap topdown Zelda like game, and on the forums there had been some chatter about the Superbowl before hand and then during the game. I found it somewhat interesting and wondered what the game was like that was being played and being up against such an awesome player. Not interested enough to try and find a stream (internet streams were not nearly as good or as common back then, so it wasn't as easy a decision as it would be to go watch something now) but interested enough that it gave me a favourable impression of the game. Fun fact no.2: I knew who Peyton Manning was before I knew who Tom Brady was.

Either way, something about that thread about the Superbowl and Devin Hester's returns was interesting enough that it influenced me to stop when I was channel surfing months later and came across an NFL game being played on an American Sports channel on TV. Which eventually lead to my current obsession.

So thanks Hester, hope you have a good life outside of football.
    An interesting retrospective.

I started really paying attention to football in 1998-99. For me, I think the first pro QB I saw play was Kyle Boller, future pro anyway, he was a high school senior for the cross-town rival and he was something of a high school legend in the making. I was in the marching band and attended most of the games for that reason, started paying more attention to them that year. It was Barry Sanders final season and he was easily the most exciting thing going on, I had also followed Charles Woodson's Heisman season a little bit the previous year and so was a fan of his and the Raiders. I think I really got into the NFL for the 1999 season opener when Favre beat those Raiders despite having a mangled broken thumb in what is still one of the more dramatic games I've ever seen.

Found the ending of the game that won me over for good, its got a bit of everything, including some vintage Gruden scowls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superbowl 50, yes 50. Got me interested in watching nfl start to finish. Best decision i made!

I also watched superbowl 48 & 49, but it was 50 that finally tipped me over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think I really got into the NFL for the 1999 season opener when Favre beat those Raiders despite having a mangled broken thumb in what is still one of the more dramatic games I've ever seen.

Found the ending of the game that won me over for good, its got a bit of everything, including some vintage Gruden scowls.
    Heh, first 2 opening plays are the same. I remember Favre saying the weirdest thing about Holmgren was he would repeat successful plays over and over until the team found a way to stop it, rather than use it sparingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The highschool I went to held Super Bowl viewing parties in the auditorium, first one I went to was Super Bowl XLII, didn't start watching regular season games until the 2013 season though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyle Boller, future pro
    A questionable term to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    A questionable term to describe him.
    Just remember, he was a 1st round pick and 3rd QB taken that year. That might say more about the QBs that draft after Palmer and Leftwich than anything else though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boller put to rest any thoughts of Billick as an offensive mastermind, kind of the same way Kizer is eliminating any remaining positive reputation Hue Jackson has left.

10+ Year Old Account
    An interesting retrospective.

I started really paying attention to football in 1998-99. For me, I think the first pro QB I saw play was Kyle Boller, future pro anyway, he was a high school senior for the cross-town rival and he was something of a high school legend in the making. I was in the marching band and attended most of the games for that reason, started paying more attention to them that year. It was Barry Sanders final season and he was easily the most exciting thing going on, I had also followed Charles Woodson's Heisman season a little bit the previous year and so was a fan of his and the Raiders. I think I really got into the NFL for the 1999 season opener when Favre beat those Raiders despite having a mangled broken thumb in what is still one of the more dramatic games I've ever seen.

That was fun. Thanks for sharing. Gruden scowls were better than imagined and the ball spike out of anger was the cherry on the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was into football at about age 6 when I started being taken to U Texas football games, but I remember getting into the pros when Greenbay played Denver in the Superbowl and Elway won in 1997 (I dont really remember the Cowboys wins)

and then I said it sucks cause I wanted Green Bay to win and I wrote "Dad sucks" on the glass in the shower >.> <.<