Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well it didn't come up in my google search. But then again we probably have different search histories.

Say a person has a search history of:
    bashing immigration
    bashing muslims
    bashing feminists
    bashing communists

Google might lump that person in with the same search cohort of the alt0right or white supremacists. Studies have shown those are common search terms in the cases of people that radicalized themselves online.

So you really need to take issue with these extremists co-opting the same search terms.
    Or take issue with Google for lumping these parameters together.
    Or take issue with posters who do not look critically at their search results and ask why?
    Or take issue with posters copy pasting these results onto broader public venues without questioning them.
    Or maybe your Google search results are so full of crap that you are getting the skewed results.

Edit: the same image comes up in private browsing, so it’s you.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2017-12-12 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    And the right spamming the same old frogs is proper memeing now?
    You tell me, you seem to know lots about righties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Google algorithms returns searches based on your search and browsing history. I think you just outed yourself and your own browsing habits... now that is AWKWARD.

People might lie to their friends,
    People might lie on their facebook page,
    But Google search algorithms, thats like a confessional
    Hmmm, that would explain why when I search on "antifa" I get a bunch of images with half naked women with large breasts. Dam you google!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, let's see...

...so a t-shirt with a known slogan to trigger whiny Reddit anti feminists...
    It’s misandrist, it doesn’t make it less sexist just because it’s popular.

...a proclamation that protecting women from assault or harassment is more important than the fee fees of paranoid dudes. You know the "is saying hello to a woman now harassment???" morons...

Kinda weird priorities you got there, Kalis.
    Wanting to make men afraid is still misandry.

...a true statement how misogyny gets women killed but all this often touted misandry does is hurt some feelings, which makes it not an actual thing, with any impact whatsoever...

Again, weird priorities, dude.
    The way to combat misogyny isn’t misandry. Just as the way to combat racism isn’t more racism.

I don't see who she is sexist against. I guess, you think men, but as a man I don't see how she is sexist against me.
    It’s not my fault that you can’t see how insulting men, simply because they are men, is sexist.

Do you think it is okay to insult women and to want them to be afraid, solely on the basis of them being women? If you answer no, then why is it okay to do it to men?

Nothing she does could ever negatively impact me anyway.
    So what? Whether or not something is sexist isn’t based on how it might affect you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    It's not a parallel safe space when you are banned from the "mainstream" space, it's your own space. Seriously if all the mainstream platform would stop having any political leanings and have clear and universal guiderules people won't get triggered, yet what see with the giants today (FB, Twitter, etc) is that they would like to become a safe space.

ps: Reminds me when I got one week suspended for calling out a Hillary supporter that was insulting Trump supporters on one of Trump's post on FB. Apparently #IWouldntEvenRapeYou is against FB.
    Disregarding everything else you said - you don't see why that hash tag might kind of imply your a rapey kind of dude? It sort of implies a worldview where there are criteria that if met would mean you WOULD rape someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Eew, why would anyone bathe in sperm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm sorry, this entire post reeks of bias. You personally don't find racism against white people a problem so I can't call it equivalent.

Well, it is equivalent, and I'm not gonna argue over whether or not one form of bigotry should be more okay than the other.
    You're saying to ignore both because "both sides do it."

See "whataboutism"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're saying to ignore both because "both sides do it."

See "whataboutism"
    I never said to ignore anything. I said free speech is free speech, and to call a free speech absolutist site a nazi site because hatred against white people is socially tolerated and therefore will be defended is silly.

Deleted
    Hm, let's see...

...so a t-shirt with a known slogan to trigger whiny Reddit anti feminists...

...a proclamation that protecting women from assault or harassment is more important than the fee fees of paranoid dudes. You know the "is saying hello to a woman now harassment???" morons...

Kinda weird priorities you got there, Kalis.

...a true statement how misogyny gets women killed but all this often touted misandry does is hurt some feelings, which makes it not an actual thing, with any impact whatsoever...

Again, weird priorities, dude.

I don't see who she is sexist against. I guess, you think men, but as a man I don't see how she is sexist against me.

Nothing she does could ever negatively impact me anyway.

Besides to the people they kill?
    I have to say she definitely looks sexist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have to say she definitely looks sexist
    She is a sexist.

The Guardian won’t open comments on her articles anymore, because she gets slaughtered by all the left wingers destroying her arguments and telling her to shove her identity politics where the sun doesn’t shine.

Old school lefties tend to hate identity politics, as their whole ideology was based on breaking down class barriers, not creating divisions based on race and gender.

Deleted
    I had to think of Iron Sky when I saw this thread. Like some ancient tech "that somehow works" meets our current age

10+ Year Old Account
    ps: Reminds me when I got one week suspended for calling out a Hillary supporter that was insulting Trump supporters on one of Trump's post on FB. Apparently #IWouldntEvenRapeYou is against FB.
    Well yeah, probably because that hashtag implies that there are people you would rape; the underlying message you're sending is that that you are okay with rape in some scenarios.

You were quite clearly flaming that person, that isn't the same thing as calling someone out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yes, I wouldn't even rape you is not an insult, it's a statement I made towards a fat unattractive facebook user that wanted free healthcare by govt. so she could fix her bad decissions in life.

Just like I wouldn't steal, harm anyone, etc...
    That will absolutely get you suspended and if you're surprised by that then you need to get a bit better in touch with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Also, Gab.ai isn't some alt-right neo-nazi den or nest.
    *Googles it*

Oh yep. It definitely is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This alt left and alt right shit is just your average tribal behavior at best. Both fuckin' sides are so extreme that being in the center makes me extreme to them. The alt right and alt left are no different from each other. You're going to have outliers, psychos, and extremists on both sides. There's no meter to tell which one is worse. So going "Oh the alt-whatever the fuck did this, so now my tribe is in the right and not evil. The guy that did those horrible things under my group's name is not actually part of my group btw."

Now time for some extremism of my own:
    If you identify as alt right, you're a piece of shit.
    If you identify as alt left, you're a piece of shit.

Maybe if you tried thinking with your head rather than trying to play our favorite games like "The Victim," "Conclusion Jumper," or "I don't need fact, I have emotions and need to feel special" you'd have a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Am I Here View Post
    If you identify as alt left, you're a piece of shit.
    I don't imagine that worries too many people, since there is no such thing as the "alt-left". It's quite incredible really, it's a very literal case of false equivalence that seems to have come from people with so little context that they not only don't know the origin of the term "alt-right", they don't understand what the word "alt-" means at all.

Do you mean "fringe right" and "fringe left"? That would make more sense, although it still wouldn't work because neither are those are terms of self-identification. Same with any variant of "extremist" - extremists rarely openly identify themselves as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't imagine that worries too many people, since there is no such thing as the "alt-left". It's quite incredible really, it's a very literal case of false equivalence that seems to have come from people with so little context that they not only don't know the origin of the term "alt-right", they don't understand what the word "alt-" means at all.

Do you mean "fringe right" and "fringe left"? That would make more sense, although it still wouldn't work because neither are those are terms of self-identification. Same with any variant of "extremist" - extremists rarely openly identify themselves as such.
    Far left, far right, same shit different pile. Honestly I can't even keep track of which movements are real movements, which are just fake enemies made up by opposition, which exist only as propaganda, and which are actual opposition movements. From what I understand, the alt-right is something that has been adopted as a legit term by those on the far right, but I don't know who coined it. But the alt-left is more of a made up term by the far right. But the misinformation is thick so I could be completely fucking wrong, and I am sure there's a crowd of people willing to tell me I am, even if I am not. So let me reframe what I said is a broader, less discriminatory way! Extremists are pieces of shit no matter what label they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Alt-right? You mean anyone that opposes the PC culture and regressiveness of the sjw community.
    The irony is, the alt right believe in their own sense of PC culture. You can't say anything anti-PC about Trump, Richard Spencer, Milo etc without getting a few neo-nazi's triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    The irony is, the alt right believe in their own sense of PC culture. You can't say anything anti-PC about Trump, Richard Spencer, Milo etc without getting a few neo-nazi's triggered.
    Honestly the alt right bugs me far more than the far left. The alt right exists as a counter response to PC culture, which was being perpetrated by small groups, I don't know who these groups are, probably just bored teen girls and college students. But the alt right took that opposition to extremes and now seem to hold white supremacist views and seem to have some ego issues. The "alt left" - whatever the fuck it is, seems to exist only to oppose the alt right. I really don't know what the alt left is though, it's too fucking vague. The Alt Right bugs me so much because they are the biggest perpetrators of all this fuckery and between Trump and Russian propaganda, it's an absolute fuckery. A bunch of racist, sensitive, hypocritical people are using these as outlets for their misery and acting like they have some fucking noble goal to save the dying white race or some bullshit like that. And some how hating everything that's liberal is going to do that. I guess you need something to do between video games and social rejection. Okay so I just really hate 4chan and the movement that spawned from /pol

And just remember, I hate the far left too, and have no love for extremists.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like SJW made tumblr a parallel internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    That's because she has bigger balls than you.
    Who the hell is Jessica Valenti and why are you guys talking about her as if anything she said mattered? In more important news, I actually had yet another dump today that I deeply enjoyed. Discuss.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.