Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Oh I know, like I said they COULD change things to make it fit, but this changes quite a bit. I was wondering if their plan was to end it after the next season when I heard Carl was dead. If they keep going I feel they will need to deviate from the comic to much which hasn't been the shows forte.
    Haha yeah! Dale and Andrea being two massive examples

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    the events after the 2 year time jump pretty much revolves around Carl, it's either AMC/Gimple has something up their sleeves or they're planning on ending it after this or next season regardless of them saying they have up to season 12 planned out
    To be honest I hope Season 9 is it. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick,Daryl and Carol want to be done with it anyway. Not many live action shows make it past 8 season's because the actor's get tired of it.

If they announce season 9 is the final season ill watch it. But if it isn't then I am not 100% sure if I will or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Haha yeah! Dale and Andrea being two massive examples
    Yup perfect examples, not to mention when they add extra stuff to pad the season out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To be honest I hope Season 9 is it. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick,Daryl and Carol want to be done with it anyway. Not many live action shows make it past 8 season's because the actor's get tired of it.

If they announce season 9 is the final season ill watch it. But if it isn't then I am not 100% sure if I will or not.
    this is my thought, by killing carl you kill the future of your show. none of us want to wait around and watch judith grow up. fuck that.

finish this season, then end it all with one more big season
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Yup perfect examples, not to mention when they add extra stuff to pad the season out.
    Like the all important garbage people? That were defiantly, 100%, guaranteed to not turn on ricks group. We all knew they would be super reliable allies that would help killing the saviors easily. Just need to stand on a pick up truck and do a speech about how you already won

Wait are we killing saviors now? Or is morgan and carol not ok with killing people this time? Hard to keep up, they change their moral viewpoint every half a season and at times that put themselves and others in danger so its even better drama and acting.

If you look closely at Carl's bite mark on his side, it isn't a zombie bite, but human. If that was a zombie bite, there would be missing flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nystromia View Post
    If you look closely at Carl's bite mark on his side, it isn't a zombie bite, but human. If that was a zombie bite, there would be missing flesh
    Its a zombie bite, already been confirmed and not the first time they have done it. Its already been confirmed in many interviewers since Sunday.

Carl is dead (dying) and nothing is changing that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nystromia View Post
    Thats just TV land make up. Similar to how if you get shot or badly injured in TV land all you need to do is wrap the wound in a bandage or torn piece of clothing and the wound is successfully treated and the actor can carry on like its not even there.

A real zombie bite would leave chunks of meat missing you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Like the all important garbage people? That were defiantly, 100%, guaranteed to not turn on ricks group. We all knew they would be super reliable allies that would help killing the saviors easily. Just need to stand on a pick up truck and do a speech about how you already won

Wait are we killing saviors now? Or is morgan and carol not ok with killing people this time? Hard to keep up, they change their moral viewpoint every half a season and at times that put themselves and others in danger so its even better drama and acting.
    Or the governor getting a second round of mooks to throw at the prison, Terminus that was totally not filled with cannibals, The fricken hospital arc, The wolves... literally nothing they have added to the story to pad a season has been any good.

You know what I would do if I got my hands on a barbed wire baseball bat named Lucille? Hit someone with the opposite end and in a way that gives me the least amount of force behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You know what I would do if I got my hands on a barbed wire baseball bat named Lucille? Hit someone with the opposite end and in a way that gives me the least amount of force behind it.
    Ha, my thought exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    Have a feeling something like this could happen. Make everyone think they kill him off, sort of like the Jon Snow situation. He's literally the main character, if anyone has plot armor, it's him. I hope they just kill him off, even though the story will be butchered with him gone.
    There is a fan theory out there that he was bitten by a whisperer, so not the real thing.... but I thought about that.. and then thought about how they can have a few more episodes where everyone thinks he is dying, but then just strings it along.. It would be horrible for the story.. which is what makes me think it is the writer´s plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Poor guy.

On the plus side, starring in such a huge show should - in theory - make it easy for him to secure contracts elsewhere. To be honest it seemed like Carl's character received less and less focus as time went on. He was a lot more prominent in the early seasons. I suppose it's only a matter of time before Michonne is killed off when it's time for the plot to break Rick a little more.
    maybe, but I think he was pretty universally seen as the worst actor on the show.

How long has it been since Rick woke up? He has already had like 4 love interests die. As soon as Rick kisses a woman, they should have her wear a red shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    maybe, but I think he was pretty universally seen as the worst actor on the show.

How long has it been since Rick woke up? He has already had like 4 love interests die. As soon as Rick kisses a woman, they should have her wear a red shirt.
    He's far from the best actor on the show. It could just be poor direction/writing to blame though - but after watching Stranger Things I can't help but notice the huge difference in quality between the child actors there and the child actors on TWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Tbh I think that title goes to the actor who said "damn straight" in the car with Jesus and Maggie and the guy had 1 line before he died.

He's far from the best actor on the show. It could just be poor direction/writing to blame though - but after watching Stranger Things I can't help but notice the huge difference in quality between the child actors there and the child actors on TWD.
    Yeah, that is something I said to a friend.. it is hard to judge the quality of acting when they are given crap to work with. I can imagine the script for Mashone... probably ever line tells her to give the same angry face.

Carl is visually sick in the last scene of the episode. There's no way that wasn't a zombie or he miraculously wasn't infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't understand how that makes sense, though. Negan has no real character arc post-war without Carl.

So killing off Carl doesn't say, "We're keeping Negan", if anything it would suggest killing off Negan instead.
    I've believed they're going to keep Negan and turn him into the WD equivalent of Vegeta in DBZ or Ben from LOST. He's going to be the "Bad boy" everybody loves to hate.

"But wait... isn't Daryl the bad boy of the show?"

Yup... so now, Daryl's expendable. :P

- - - Updated - - -

He's far from the best actor on the show..
    I didn't like the actor at all either, but he is a kid who's getting older - so there's nothing saying he couldn't hone his chops.

At the same time though, it really does seem lackluster as Carl really was the primary background character for "The first generation to grow up in the appocalypse". It really kinda shoots the programe in the foot since it seems kinda clear it was meant to evolve (or at least end) with Carl taking over somewhere.

Which really leads me to ask a serious question of the production staff... do they REALLY have to always kill somebody off? I mean, would it really hurt to just have them, you know, LEAVE the gang for some reason or another?

The actor playing Carl doesn't really have any X factor. As lame as that sounds.

Watching him is boring, he doesnt pop on the screen like a tom cruise or robert downy jr.

Just looks like an awkward kid who needs a hair cut.

And you can be tough on kid actors now that the wire and stranger things have shown you can get kids who can act.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The actor playing Carl doesn't really have any X factor. As lame as that sounds.

Watching him is boring, he doesnt pop on the screen like a tom cruise or robert downy jr.

Just looks like an awkward kid who needs a hair cut.

And you can be tough on kid actors now that the wire and stranger things have shown you can get kids who can act.
    I agree but Chandler was great as Carl in season 3. Season 3 Carl = BEST CARL.

So... after what is arguably one of the worst seasons for the Walking Dead, what is to happen to the show runners?

Why - they get PROMOTED, of course! =/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walking-...ew-showrunner/

AMC has announced that the #1 show on television for the last six seasons, its zombie drama “The Walking Dead,” has been renewed for a ninth season to premiere later this year.

Additionally, current showrunner Scott M. Gimple is being promoted to CCO overseeing the entire ‘Dead’ franchise including “Fear the Walking Dead” and other works. As a result of this move, co-executive producer Angela Kang is being promoted to executive producer and taking over as showrunner next season.

“The Walking Dead” returns with the back half of its eighth season next month. “Fear the Walking Dead is currently in production on its fourth season to premiere early this year with Lennie James’ Morgan Jones being the first crossover character between the two series.