Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I highly doubt that ISIS "refugees" outnumber Nazis and white nationalists in the UK. The EDL alone had 25-35k members, and that was 6 years ago.
    Jihadi watch list is about 20,000, with 3,000 on their high risk list.

The EDL are primarily a protest group, dickheads not terrorists. The equivalent to them would be those in the Muslim community that support religious violence, which is about 10% (250,000), not the potential jihadis, which is fortunately a much smaller group (the 20,000 on the watch list).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Jihadi watch list is about 20,000, with 3,000 on their high risk list.

The EDL are primarily a protest group, dickheads not terrorists. The equivalent to them would be those in the Muslim community that support religious violence, which is about 10% (250,000), not the potential jihadis, which is fortunately a much smaller group (the 20,000 on the watch list).
    Is everyone on that watchlist a returning ISIS fighter? If we are going to move goalposts, and include larger groups, that's fine. The EDL is a single group, and there's plenty of far-right nationalist, white nationalist, and neo-Nazi groups in the UK. If you want to include people who support, or are sympathetic towards such forms of religious and political violence, then that number would skyrocket. I pointed to a single organization, one which comprises more groups than the entire watchlist.

Alas, we re told such righties were harmless, and should just be ignored. Is that advice that should still be taken, or should people oppose those who wish to use force and violence to further their cause? Personally, I have always felt we should oppose such people, and it's a good thing I'm consistent about it. It's a shame so many others will look the other way when it's a cause towards which they hold a closer affinity.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-12-13 at 01:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Islamic State fighter tells ITV News militants are heading to Europe
    Startling revelation!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Still beats your corrupt shit. Also american weeabs unironically thinking they are somehow superior to ANYONE. Lmao
    At least we won't be under Sharia law in 50 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is everyone on that watchlist a returning ISIS fighter? If we are going to move goalposts, and include larger groups, that's fine. The EDL is a single group, and there's plenty of far-right nationalist, white nationalist, and neo-Nazi groups in the UK. I pointed to a single organization, one which comprises more groups than the entire watchlist.
    Except you are comparing all the EDL, of which only a fraction will be considered potential terrorists to a group where all of them are regarded as potential terrorists, hence my pointing out you aren’t comparing like for like.

If you have a problem with the fact that jihadis are far more of a threat than the far right, then take it up with the jihadis.

The reality is the far right pose a threat, but in comparison to jihadis they are not in the same league, so equating the two threats is overplaying the far right or downplaying the jihadis, pick your poison.

Someone didn't tell this guy that they're already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Except you are comparing all the EDL, of which only a fraction will be considered potential terrorists to a group where all of them are regarded as potential terrorists, hence my pointing out you aren’t comparing like for like.

If you have a problem with the fact that jihadis are far more of a threat than the far right, then take it up with the jihadis.

The reality is the far right pose a threat, but in comparison to jihadis they are not in the same league, so equating the two threats is overplaying the far right or downplaying the jihadis, pick your poison.
    I have no problem considering them both to be a threat. Both are authoritarian asshats who want to use force and violence to push their beliefs onto others. I find nationalists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and radical Islamists to be authoritarian scum... and all very similar to one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem considering them both to be a threat. Both are authoritarian asshats who want to use force and violence to push their beliefs onto others. I find nationalists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and radical Islamists to be authoritarian scum... and all very similar to one another.
    They are not an equal threat though, the jihadis are far more of a threat, which considering the demographics of Britain is bizarre. The far right is trying to recruit from a pool of about 50 million (white British) and has less potential terrorists than the jihadis, which are drawn from a pool of 3 million (British Muslims).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    What’s going on with Belgium?
    Small rich countries like Belgium/Denmark/Sweden rank higher because they've taken a lot more immigrants in the last years relative to their population compared to bigger countries like Germany of France. Rich country means high cost of living, the result is most of those immigrants will end up in the same low-cost border of the city, which now becomes a ghetto. This leads to lack of integration and part of that non integrated population will radicalize.

So in a way, by moving refugees across Europe without looking for potentials dangerous individuals, you are increasing the radicalization rate of all refugees

They are not an equal threat though, the jihadis are far more of a threat, which considering the demographics of Britain is bizarre. The far right is trying to recruit from a pool of about 50 million (white British) and has less potential terrorists than the jihadis, which are drawn from a pool of 3 million (British Muslims).
    I would say that the nationalists, white nationalists, and neo-Nazis are a bigger, threat, as they have much more potential to influence major policy decisions within the government. They easily have the potential to carry some of the weight of the British government to bear down on people with their authoritarian agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Small change, Nazis and other alt-right groups are the real threat.
    Defense statistics don't back that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that the nationalists, white nationalists, and neo-Nazis are a bigger, threat, as they have much more potential to influence major policy decisions within the government. They easily have the potential to carry some of the weight of the British government to bear down on people with their authoritarian agenda.
    The British security services say the jihadis are a bigger threat and I’m going to take their advice over yours.

The far right got two MEP seats years ago and one MP back in the 1930s, they are a political irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Small change, Nazis and other alt-right groups are the real threat.
    How many of those have blown themselves up or driven a truck into a heavily populated area?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Yawn ... ISIS terrorist threats again ...

They had their chance to frighten us, they failed.
    Looking around this thread, I don't think they failed.

The British security services say the jihadis are a bigger threat and I’m going to take their advice over yours.

The far right got two MEP seats years ago and one MP back in the 1930s, they are a political irrelevance.
    That would depend on what threat you are talking about. If it's a threat to freedom, then the nationalists, white nationalists, and neo-Nazis are a far bigger threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would depend on what threat you are talking about. If it's a threat to freedom, then the nationalists, white nationalists, and neo-Nazis are a far bigger threat.
    No they aren’t, because they’re still a political irrelevance and that hasn’t changed since I said it ten minutes ago.

No they aren’t, because they’re still a political irrelevance and that hasn’t changed since I said it ten minutes ago.
    Is Britain pushing as a whole towards being a more-nationalistic country? I'd say they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Britain pushing as a whole towards being a more-nationalistic country? I'd say they are.
    No, a small majority just didn’t like being in the EU.

Nobody bothers to court the far right votes, simply because there isn’t enough of them to give a toss about. Far right parties get under 20,000 votes in a country of 65,000,000 so they are a political irrelevance.

No, a small majority just didn’t like being in the EU.

Nobody bothers to court the far right votes, simply because there isn’t enough of them to give a toss about. Far right parties get under 20,000 votes in a country of 65,000,000 so they are a political irrelevance.
    So, there's no push to limit immigration in the UK? Bullshit. There's not a growing mistrust of foreigners, and a desire to cut off from other countries?

Yeah... right...

So, there's no push to limit immigration in the UK? Bullshit. There's not a growing mistrust of foreigners, and a desire to cut off from other countries?

Yeah... right...
    It might be somewhat linked to the increased of terrorist attacks, especially in these last couple years. But hey, that's just a theory, one that would cement what Kalis has been saying about which of those sides seems to be the biggest (current) threat.