Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Turalyon is human; humans are in the Alliance. What did you expect? What else was he going to do, hang out in Lordaeron with the Forsaken? Sylvanas is on record that it's no place for the living; she was going to kill her own sister before she let her move in. Pretty sure Turalyon isn't interested in dying and being rezzed by Sylvanas. If anything, I'd say Alleria was pre-disposed to choose Alliance because of him. The reaction of the Sunwell to her presence sealed the deal.

Edit: There's also the fact that Turalyon committed to the Lightforged thousands of years before we found him again.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-12-12 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Turalyon is human; humans are in the Alliance. What did you expect?
    posts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    well... i don't recall any alliance forces standing up to prevent the incarceration and impending execution of blood elves for following orders.

So from the perspective of the sindorei... it wasn't just a single guy. It was the acting commander of the alliance and all his forces. Looking back it wasn't any alliance forces lending a helping hand at all.
    They were in the middle of nowhere, not inside Stormwind, so there wasn't any way for Stormwind officials to know how Garithos was treating the blood elves other than by Garithos' reports themselves, which would take quite some time to reach since instant mail wasn't something that existed back then, so the reports had to be delivered by horse riders. and Garithos wouldn't exactly say in his reports that he's being racist toward the knife-ears. He'd likely be making the blood elves look bad.

But go ahead and say it was just the actions of a single individual.
    It was just the actions of a single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They were in the middle of nowhere, not inside Stormwind, so there wasn't any way for Stormwind officials to know how Garithos was treating the blood elves other than by Garithos' reports themselves, which would take quite some time to reach since instant mail wasn't something that existed back then, so the reports had to be delivered by horse riders. and Garithos wouldn't exactly say in his reports that he's being racist toward the knife-ears. He'd likely be making the blood elves look bad.

ok... so what was the response when they were being held imprisoned within Dalaran?

edit:

Maybe you're forgetting... he WAS the defacto leader of the Alliance in Lordaeron. Gilneas was gone, Kul Tiras not really showing up as much, Stromgarde and Alterac (they weren't made into ruins in Vanilla). And Lordaeron itself... well at this point in the story it's no more. There's the alliance that the blood elves were stuck with and the southern provinces weren't exactly rushing north to offer aid.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-12-12 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    ok... so what was the response when they were being held imprisoned within Dalaran?
    The "de facto" leader of the Alliance told Dalaran some lies about the blood elves. Who would the leaders of Dalaran trust?

edit:

Maybe you're forgetting... he WAS the defacto leader of the Alliance in Lordaeron. Gilneas was gone, Kul Tiras not really showing up as much, Stromgarde and Alterac (they weren't made into ruins in Vanilla). And Lordaeron itself... well at this point in the story it's no more. There's the alliance that the blood elves were stuck with and the southern provinces weren't exactly rushing north to offer aid.
    So what? It's still one man. Are we supposed to say the whole Horde is evil because Garrosh was its leader at some point? After all, Garrosh had the exact same viewpoint Garithos did: race supremacy.

EDIT:
    Also, it's worth mentioning that the reason he became "de facto" leader of the remnants of the Alliance was because he was the highest ranked surviving officer, Grand Marshal. A position, mind you, that he gained not because of his skill and charisma, but because of his father's name.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-12-12 at 07:01 PM.

What I find interesting about Garithos, when I created a forsaken in TBC there was that intro how they were "Forsaken" by their old friends. Then I find out Garithos actually trusted them somewhat, trusted them to not murder him anyway, and yet the same people who claim to not be murdering monsters they were under the LK murder the human soldiers because a demon asks them to.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to say "the living abandoned you" when, while trying to prove you're not evil, you murder a bunch of alliance soldiers at the command of a demon.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You don't understand, we were bros, we fought side by side. Before we had met I even went to rescue Alleria and I was gifted her bow, which I wielded with great skill.

Me and Turalyon vanquished thousands of demons together, and now it's like it was all for nothing and because I don't speak common I won't even be able to tell him that Alleria is using Void Magic behind his back before he tries to kill me. It's like ending the Burning Legion meant nothing.
    He was friends with the Hunter Champion.

The war against the Legion Ended.

You went back to Orgrimmar and he went back to Stormwind.

Your order was disbanded and your artifact locked away in a vault.

You are no longer the Hunter Champion.

Now you are just a faceless member of the Horde.

The Alliance and the Horde are enemies.

Therefore, you are Turalyon's enemy.

So it's totally okay when humans attack them, is what you're saying?

Also how do you think he'll feel when he finds out his wife is now possessed by the void?
    *Harrison Ford Voice* Thats not how the void works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to warn him about this, but now if I go to visit him in the Stormwind Embassy to reminisce about our adventures together on Argus he's going to try and kill me. Wtf!?
    lol i know this is in a mirror response to the "lost nightborne because tyrande was a dick".

but come on, you know thalyrsa and turalyon dont compare. One gave up everything and anything to fight and save a world, the other was part of the problem that caused the other party to clean up the mess.

tyrande doesnt like em cuz if it wasnt for their usages alot of losses could have been avoided.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2017-12-12 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remeber the factions are federations. just because you are against the horde doesnt mean want to kill orc babys.

like the vietnam war we didnt hate them we were just scared of the idea of a ever growing communist bloc.

in the sameway the orcs might consider human fuedalism slavery. and humans might want to "save orcs" from themselves. for example the inturnment camps of the orcs post wc2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What I find interesting about Garithos, when I created a forsaken in TBC there was that intro how they were "Forsaken" by their old friends. Then I find out Garithos actually trusted them somewhat, trusted them to not murder him anyway, and yet the same people who claim to not be murdering monsters they were under the LK murder the human soldiers because a demon asks them to.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to say "the living abandoned you" when, while trying to prove you're not evil, you murder a bunch of alliance soldiers at the command of a demon.
    wrong way around sylvanas told varimathras to kill garithos

It's in the 7.3.5 datamining...
    It's most likely one of her gag lines via over clicking rather than a story quote.

Turalyon hates Orcs with a passion, you didn't want him anyway.

This is a parody thread about Alliance losing Nightborne because of Tyrande folks

Who cares, they're trash anyway.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    lol i know this is in a mirror response to the "lost nightborne because tyrande was a dick".

but come on, you know thalyrsa and turalyon dont compare. One gave up everything and anything to fight and save a world, the other was part of the problem that caused the other party to clean up the mess.

tyrande doesnt like em cuz if it wasnt for their usages alot of losses could have been avoided.
    Actually whatever this thread is you and quite a lot of the people on this board actually don't even know the most basic lore and argue nonsense and that's why this thread was created.

As a matter of actual facts that are not at all in dispute, Thalyssra never had anything to do with inviting the Legion into Suramar and rebelled as soon as she caught wind that Elisande was planning such. And not only that but actually the only reason we were even able to stop the Legion's plans with the Nightwell and Illidan is *because she started the Dusk Lily Rebellion and sent a message to the outside world that was picked up in Dalaran*. Maybe try actually reading quest text? Also if you're too lazy to look at all those quests now now, there's a comic (in fact a whole series of pre-Legion online only comics that are 100% cannon) that shows the story of Thalyssra and the Nightborne leading up to just before Legion, maybe try reading it?

It makes nothing but sense that Thalyssra is going Horde and that's not a matter of opinion, sure Blizzard pushed for a story where sides had to be taken so the story is a bit abrupt, but anyone that played Horde and Alliance side in the Suramar questline in Legion knows that if sides were to be taken after that, they would go Horde. it's all very very obvious.

But getting back on topic as a matter of fact considering that 3/3 of the Sons of Lothar who are not Turalyon or Alleria are 100% for sure in-game either Neutral or for sure 100% Neutral now in the actual game and will be staying neutral in the game we actually play that we are talking about here and are actually in the lore *get this* NEUTRAL it doesn't make a lot of sense that Turalyon and Alleria without much of any story introduction or anything are suddenly not.

Also seeing as how Lordaeran and Quel'Thalas (the actual Kingdoms that Turalyon and Alleria hail from) are no longer Alliance territory but mainly have the same people living(more or less) in them it actually does not make a lot of sense that Alleria is suddenly capable of straight up outward violence against her own people and Turalyon the same.

I expect about as much from someone who would actually defend Tyrande as if she's not a complete shit character. I mean what the fuck is that accent that no other Night Elf has at all, really?

Nevermind the fact that they fought the Burning Legion for thousands of years and should be completely over pointless trivial wars.

The "de facto" leader of the Alliance told Dalaran some lies about the blood elves. Who would the leaders of Dalaran trust?

So what? It's still one man. Are we supposed to say the whole Horde is evil because Garrosh was its leader at some point? After all, Garrosh had the exact same viewpoint Garithos did: race supremacy.

EDIT:
    Also, it's worth mentioning that the reason he became "de facto" leader of the remnants of the Alliance was because he was the highest ranked surviving officer, Grand Marshal. A position, mind you, that he gained not because of his skill and charisma, but because of his father's name.
    It's not saying the whole alliance is evil...

The thing is... when you're the one in charge, and no one is shown opposing you at all for the duration of their appointment and other faction entities are also held in your sway. It's not one guy.

At least in the case of Garrosh, other minded parties and organizations rose up and removed him. This did not happen to Garithos from within his forces. His group was wiped out externally by the Scourge. No apparent dissent in the ranks. No "um... why are we holding the prince exactly (this guy seems fishy and I don't mean the prisoners)". For the blood elves it was a full and utter break down of what the alliance was supposed to be. Granted yes, there was still Stormwind and Ironforge and the other nations.... on the other end of the continent a world away, but they weren't there and, afaik there was never any acknowledgment made know about the events concerning any of this further.

Honestly, Blood elves should just avoid Dalaran cause they never get a good deal there.

turalyon going alliance isn't all that surprising. i'd think after fighting the real enemy for so long, people would learn that faction conflict is idiotic and would have no part of it, like dadghar.

alleria's the worst part of all this. just cause she's fucking a human she betrays the kingdom she fought for for the majority of her life.

Deleted
    Can't lose what you never had.

Or are you gonna say the horde lost prophet Velen aswell?

But generally, i agree. Storytelling sucks and BfA is a step back. We just saved the universe. To go back to petty in-fighting after that is really lame. The story moved backwards rather than forward.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-12-13 at 03:15 AM.

Actually whatever this thread is you and quite a lot of the people on this board actually don't even know the most basic lore and argue nonsense and that's why this thread was created.

As a matter of actual facts that are not at all in dispute, Thalyssra never had anything to do with inviting the Legion into Suramar and rebelled as soon as she caught wind that Elisande was planning such. And not only that but actually the only reason we were even able to stop the Legion's plans with the Nightwell and Illidan is *because she started the Dusk Lily Rebellion and sent a message to the outside world that was picked up in Dalaran*. Maybe try actually reading quest text? Also if you're too lazy to look at all those quests now now, there's a comic (in fact a whole series of pre-Legion online only comics that are 100% cannon) that shows the story of Thalyssra and the Nightborne leading up to just before Legion, maybe try reading it?

It makes nothing but sense that Thalyssra is going Horde and that's not a matter of opinion, sure Blizzard pushed for a story where sides had to be taken so the story is a bit abrupt, but anyone that played Horde and Alliance side in the Suramar questline in Legion knows that if sides were to be taken after that, they would go Horde. it's all very very obvious.

But getting back on topic as a matter of fact considering that 3/3 of the Sons of Lothar who are not Turalyon or Alleria are 100% for sure in-game either Neutral or for sure 100% Neutral now in the actual game and will be staying neutral in the game we actually play that we are talking about here and are actually in the lore *get this* NEUTRAL it doesn't make a lot of sense that Turalyon and Alleria without much of any story introduction or anything are suddenly not.

Also seeing as how Lordaeran and Quel'Thalas (the actual Kingdoms that Turalyon and Alleria hail from) are no longer Alliance territory but mainly have the same people living(more or less) in them it actually does not make a lot of sense that Alleria is suddenly capable of straight up outward violence against her own people and Turalyon the same.

I expect about as much from someone who would actually defend Tyrande as if she's not a complete shit character. I mean what the fuck is that accent that no other Night Elf has at all, really?

Nevermind the fact that they fought the Burning Legion for thousands of years and should be completely over pointless trivial wars.
    Lol everyone think you trolled and here you are actually believing it makes no sense that Turalyon is being alliance.

Turalyon would sooner go neutral than join the horde. He is an alliance person.

I tried to warn him about this, but now if I go to visit him in the Stormwind Embassy to reminisce about our adventures together on Argus he's going to try and kill me. Wtf!?
    And the alliance is pissed off that Nightborne went horde. A race with literal ties to Night Elves. I RP every now and then. I RP'd a lot on my nelf rogue helping the Nightborne, because those are my people. I was helping them to the fullest of my abilities and thensome. Then waifu Thalyssra goes horde. I have half a mind to check mark the "at war" box on the factions tab, if that was an option.

Turalyon, at least, has zero connection to the horde.
    Last edited by Dastreus; 2017-12-13 at 03:27 AM.