Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    The planet is only dying because blizzard said so. They might have said that the sword is ok and can be dealt with by blowing it up with goblin pyrotechnics. And then give our weapons a proper send off.
    And that isn't a lame reason? That one of the most powerful beings in the Universe has his weapon blown up by a goblin explosive?

- - - Updated - - -

The bow is stupid anyway, or you know, Alliance gives the bow to Aleria, since she is no longer dead and Horde gives the bow to Sylvanas, who then gives it to Aleria, or she takes it from her, whatever makes any little sense would work for blizz.
    It isn't about what makes sense for Blizzard though. You are proposing alternatives to what already makes sense to Blizzard. If your alternatives are just as bad as what Blizzard comes up with then why change it? If the bow is stupid why not have a stupid send off? If Horde is going to just give it to Alleria anyways why even include Sylvanas as a token part of the equation?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The planet is only dying because blizzard said so. They might have said that the sword is ok and can be dealt with by blowing it up with goblin pyrotechnics. And then give our weapons a proper send off.
    Wouldn't just blasting that word with copper dynamite be just as lame, if not more so? You have a giant sword piercing Azeroth, and likely close to reaching the titan inside. It's Sargeras' sword, so, even if Blizzard never said anything, it would be safe to assume that wouldn't be a normal sword, its size notwithstanding. A powerful sword like that would likely require an immense power to counter. Either by another titan in full strength, or with a collection of powerful artifacts.

Besides, saying "because Blizzard said so" is lame reasoning. Because the only reason Sargeras stuck that sword into Azeroth was "because Blizzard wanted". Sargeras created the Burning Legion "because Blizzard wanted." Everything in this game happens "because Blizzard wants so".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Unfortunately for you, our individual heroes are not exactly part of the lore.

On top of that, going from what I understand of the lore, since I don't have a warlock, the Warlock's Order Hall is controlled by the Council of Black Harvest, which is an organization created to defend Azeroth against future threats. I doubt they'd just decide to allow the planet Azeroth to die just so one of their members could keep a powerful artifact.
    They don't have a say in it considering I control the army within Dreadscar Rift and, of course, possess three tremendously powerful artifacts. You're trying way too hard to argue against this but you've got nothing to stand on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    lol 40+ is having little time left? Just stop. You were bad enough when you are pushing warlocks have to be evil and can't be anything else agenda and now you are pushing 40+ is near death? The writing done by Blizzard in regards to artifacts is not lazy if we are being pure and simple. I also can't wait until the next story element you don't like when you claim that is the new Blizzard peak after years of laziness.
    I know it's hard for someone with an ego as fragile as yours to understand this but I genuinely do not care about what you have to say. Why do you think I didn't bother to respond to your last post? I mean, aside from the fact that you were grasping at straws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh what a lame way for our bekowed artifact weapons to go. We just point then at the giant sword and bam, goodbye. Thanks a lot, Magni.

We kinda new it was gonna happen, either Argus destroys them during the fight or we use them to patch the wound.

But until the last moment I was hoping Blizzard actually gives a real, well written reason for them to go.

I was picturing something like the class mount quest, just a little scenario for every single weapon, where the weapon is either destroyed, loses power or returns to some new owner.

For example, the Silver hand might ask you to retire the Ashbringer in the tomb of Tirion, as it would be immoral for such powerful weapon to be used to wage war against the opposing faction.

The Fists of Heavens would be demanded back by the newly corronated Windlord Thunderaan, as it was previously stolen from a air elemental royal.

The Felomelorn would br seized by force by Lorthemar, as he wanted the ancient Elven weapon to be in his possession in the upcoming war and if you try to resist him, he uses his elite spellbreakers forces to subdue your fire magics.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.

These are just four scenarios I thought of, I haven't played through all the weapon quests, but I am sure you would thing of WAY better ways to lose our weapons, then just wildly point them at a giant space sword, not to mention that these way, blizz could continue the stories for these historic lore important weapons beyond Legion.
    Feel free to post your fan ideas of how the each weapons could end.
    I think the Thrall one was a bit too much. Just let Thrall have his iconic weapon back, the elements have calmed down enough now.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    considering you have little to add to the discussion, quit fucking talking.
    "I delight in the irony..."

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    They don't have a say in it considering I control the army within Dreadscar Rift and, of course, possess three tremendously powerful artifacts. You're trying way too hard to argue against this but you've got nothing to stand on.
    Lol, stop with the projection. You're the one "trying way too hard to argue" here. You have no leg to stand on. Our individual heroes aren't part of the lore. Also, so what if your character controls a small army of demons in their little floating fel rock? If you think your warlock can beat the entire council of black harvest... you got another thing coming.

Lol, stop with the projection. You're the one "trying way too hard to argue" here. You have no leg to stand on. Our individual heroes aren't part of the lore. Also, so what if your character controls a small army of demons in their little floating fel rock? If you think your warlock can beat the entire council of black harvest... you got another thing coming.
    There's no projection here, you're simply trying too hard to win an argument that you can't. You can keep claiming that but they actually are--we're just not mentioned by name. It took literally one demon to wipe them out and he did so with ease. Them against an entire army? They wouldn't last long enough to blink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I dunno, my warlock is a good guy so he won't mind giving up his staff to save his home
    My staff ripped apart an entire world BEFORE I empowered it. now it's going to take all I have to move a sword? no. fuck you blizzard's hack-ass writers, that's fucking stupid.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

There's no projection here, you're simply trying too hard to win an argument that you can't. You can keep claiming that but they actually are--we're just not mentioned by name.
    Your head-canon backstory and motivations of your character are not part of the lore. You can claim your warlock is all about gathering as much power as possible and gives no fucks to anything else, Azeroth's well-being included, but it's all head-canon.

Your head-canon backstory and motivations of your character are not part of the lore. You can claim your warlock is all about gathering as much power as possible and gives no fucks to anything else, Azeroth's well-being included, but it's all head-canon.
    Instead of mashing those sausages you call fingers into your keyboard trying to come up with whatever excuse you can find, try doing some research because that's precisely what Warlocks are about. It seems to me you're the one projecting their head-canon onto the class instead of accepting it for what it actually is.

Nothing is ever sacrificed by Warlocks then. Dark Pact we just take the health of our Demons. Demon Bolt we just take the health of our Demons. Demonic Sacrifice we just take all of the health of our Demons. Life Tap we just take the health of ourselves. You clearly don't understand what it means to be a Warlock yet keep talking as if you are an expert on them.

Good is subjective. If I use my Void Walker to hold up a wall that is about to fall on a child isn't that good?

If I use my succubus to knock back a stick of dynamite that is about to blow up in a crowd saving the lives of everyone isn't that good?

Again there is nothing inherently bad or evil about being a Warlock. Besides you taking umbrage to saving Azeroth when we just spent an entire expansion saving Azeroth is stupid.
    First time I see someone trying to argue that warlocks are good at heart, they might be I'm not really into lore.

But from what I see them do in game and that they are into slavery, sacrifice, life stealing, stealing souls and killing their targets slowly doesn't exactly sound good to me.

Instead of mashing those sausages you call fingers into your keyboard trying to come up with whatever excuse you can find, try doing some research because that's precisely what Warlocks are about. It seems to me you're the one projecting their head-canon onto the class instead of accepting it for what it actually is.
    "Dominance is their aim", says the official website. Hard to "dominate" anything when you're restricted to a tiny floating rock in the Nether. What's the point in being the king if you got nobody to rule over?

Besides, if warlocks are really "all about power and fuck everything else" as you claim, why were they fighting the Legion in the first place? Wouldn't it make more sense to them to ally themselves with the Legion, then? After all, Sargeras grants great power to those who join the Legion.

Also, why do you feel the need to use insults? Are you really not that confident in your own arguments that you have to try and get me angry? All it does is to make you sound childish.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-12-13 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted

Besides, saying "because Blizzard said so" is lame reasoning. Because the only reason Sargeras stuck that sword into Azeroth was "because Blizzard wanted". Sargeras created the Burning Legion "because Blizzard wanted." Everything in this game happens "because Blizzard wants so".
    General rule of good story telling is, if you gonna use a gun in part three, you need to establish it's existence in part.
    I haven't played through all of Legion, but I think I would not miss the story telling me that a giant space satan wants to penetrate the planet with his sword, that can only be defeated by combined power of 36 artifacts. So yes, the sword hit the planet, because Blizz said so, and it needs to be cleansed by our weapons, because they said so.

What I was saying by 'blowing it up by goblin pyrotechnics' is thet blizzard could always find a different way, a different magical item, different sacrifice, that would make more sense than our weapons. Hell I don't see why Khadgar couldn't just use some arcane missiles in it and then say it's done, but he needs to rest for a whole expansion now. Or magni, since he's a captain planet now.
    You have to notice, that it's not actually all 36 weapons at once, no, it will be just my stupid monkey stick sucking up the all of the swords power, when I do the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    I think the Thrall one was a bit too much. Just let Thrall have his iconic weapon back, the elements have calmed down enough now.
    Well I want Thrall out of story, but yeah, I was a bit too harsh on him, he did learn his leason and can get it back now.

The Doomhammer would be destroyed by the elements y after Thrall tries to use it for the last time, as the elements are still mad at him for cheating the duel with Garrosh.
    excuse me?

I am sorry, were there actual, previously negotiated rules to that fight?

Deleted
    And that isn't a lame reason? That one of the most powerful beings in the Universe has his weapon blown up by a goblin explosive?
    I am not sure if you know, but explosions can never be lame.
    It would be more fitting to the fact that Goblins were the first ones to discover the sword and are intact 'researching' it. And blowing the weapon up could make situations even worse, which would be a nice catalyst for the planet dying in BfA.
    Besides blowing it up and thus fucking up the whole situation makes for better story than 'and then we all gathered around and pointed our sticks and sworss at it, until it turned yellow'

7+ Year Old Account
    General rule of good story telling is, if you gonna use a gun in part three, you need to establish it's existence in part.
    I haven't played through all of Legion, but I think I would not miss the story telling me that a giant space satan wants to penetrate the planet with his sword, that can only be defeated by combined power of 36 artifacts. So yes, the sword hit the planet, because Blizz said so, and it needs to be cleansed by our weapons, because they said so.

What I was saying by 'blowing it up by goblin pyrotechnics' is thet blizzard could always find a different way, a different magical item, different sacrifice, that would make more sense than our weapons. Hell I don't see why Khadgar couldn't just use some arcane missiles in it and then say it's done, but he needs to rest for a whole expansion now. Or magni, since he's a captain planet now.
    You have to notice, that it's not actually all 36 weapons at once, no, it will be just my stupid monkey stick sucking up the all of the swords power, when I do the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I want Thrall out of story, but yeah, I was a bit too harsh on him, he did learn his leason and can get it back now.
    I get not everyone's a fan of the guy but he's made what the Horde is today. To me he's my childhood hero ever since I first played Warcraft 3 when I was eight years old. They've already announced he's to be a main character in BfA and personally I hope they get him right this time. He was great in Wrath of the Lich King and not so badly written or done in Mists of Pandaria either. Warlords of Draenor and Cataclsym are sadly where Thrall faults a lot.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    excuse me?

I am sorry, were there actual, previously negotiated rules to that fight?
    This is not the thread to discuss this, but yeah, there were rules, and those are basicly just one weapon.
    You can argue what you want, but in the Enchantment shaman questline, Thrall can't use his Doomhamer, because spirits are angry at him for killing Garrosh. He's downright suicidal because of that, he himself understands he cheated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    I get not everyone's a fan of the guy but he's made what the Horde is today. To me he's my childhood hero ever since I first played Warcraft 3 when I was eight years old. They've already announced he's to be a main character in BfA and personally I hope they get him right this time. He was great in Wrath of the Lich King and not so badly written or done in Mists of Pandaria either. Warlords of Draenor and Cataclsym are sadly where Thrall faults a lot.
    He's had his fair shair in the spotlight, but I don't believe there is much story left for him.
    Considering he had three big ends to his storytelling. One in the Rexxar campaign, where Thrall is just content with buildinf Orgrimar and being the big chief, second in Cata, where he becomes the most important dude ever wnd singlehandedly saves the world, and third in WoD/Legion, where he cheates the duel and elements forsake him for it.
    That's three resolutions, where his story could have ended, so I am surprised they are still trying to make him a main focus of BfA, we'll see. I am not mad, but he's not necessary for future Warcraft storytelling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    I just knew a topic like this was going to be made.

Since I can't really hurt Sargeras himself this sacrifice is worthy enough for my weapons.

But I'm only a DH so I might not be as attached to my weapon as let's say a ret Pala.
    You bet. I mean, most of the artifacts had no root in lore and made up for Legion. Ashbringer, though...

At any rate... If the power of the artifacts is needed, we could just channel that into the wound and keep the (drained) artifacts for their historical value.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the thread to discuss this, but yeah, there were rules, and those are basicly just one weapon.
    You can argue what you want, but in the Enchantment shaman questline, Thrall can't use his Doomhamer, because spirits are angry at him for killing Garrosh. He's downright suicidal because of that, he himself understands he cheated.
    Oh. Never leveled a shaman through Legion.

Sounds like shitty writing, though. I mean, shittier than Blizzard's run of the mill.

"There are no worse scum in this world than fascists and
    political hypocrites"
    "And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies"
    POLITICAL HYPOCRIT.
    It's liberals like you who give us a bad name. Everyone with half a brain is laughing at you bud. You are what you hate.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-13 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Sargeras' existence and goals have been firmly detailed throughout WoW's history. His fight against his own brethren, the goals of his crusade, his interest in Azeroth. On top of that, defeated bad guys attempting one last time to steal victory from the hands of the good guys is a well common trope, especially the idea of "if I can't have it, no one will."

Besides, in the novel "The Sundering", Sargeras is described wielding a sword. Also, in the non-canon RPG books, Sargeras is depicted wielding a sword named Gorribal. Yes, the rpg books are non-canon, but it's just a name. The comic Warcraft Saga and the Chronicles vol 1 both depict a sword that looks suspiciously close to the sword Sargeras use to impale Azeroth in the cinematic:

That wouldn't work. Not from a story perspective. Especially if we go by your complaints about "establish its existence" part about Sargeras' sword, because Blizzard would be doing the exact thing you're currently complaining they're doing, using things that didn't have its existence established.

Besides. it's a freaking fallen Titan's weapon! Don't you think it'd be very lame if Khadgar could just "magic up" something to deal with such a powerful weapon? That'd undermine the Legion's power immensely, if one mere human could deal with it. Also, your comparison of Magni with Captain Planet doesn't work... since he hasn't gained any new power or strength in his current form other than being able to communicate with the world soul of Azeroth. And maybe being hardier.

Are you sure about that?

Magni Bronzebeard: The sword of Sargeras is poisonin' the very lifeblood of the world. The only vessels capable o' containin' that kind o' power... are THE MIGHTY WEAPONS YOU WIELD. RAISE THEM UP AS ONE.... draw out the corruption from the Dark Titan's blade! Together, champions! For Azeroth!
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-12-13 at 02:07 PM.