Poll: Predictions: Roy Moore vs Doug Jones Who's gonna win?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sorry to hear your child molester didn't win. Commiserations?
    Dude, don't appologize. You need to say "you're welcome!" ^_^

Why? Because the reality is the "lubrulz" and honest Republicans just SAVED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY'S ASSES from themselves!

Imagine years of Roy Moore Pedophile jokes. Blam - gone.

Honestly, Jeezy, mooncat, scully and all the ilk should be THANKING US!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Its not about him winning its about the fact the Republicans weren't given a chance to replace him.... it was stick with him or hand the seat to the garbage party....
    They called on him to step down. He didn't.

Can they even force him out? If they could, they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...I think Sulla just deleted his taunting posts about going to laugh at us tonight. I can't find them anywhere! >_<

@Skroe - So, the big question is - can you still call yourself a Republican after tonight? Even if you don't believe it, you should take this opportunity to run with it to reclaim some of the dignity that was torn from your party so long ago! ^_^
    Man I don't know. I never thought Doug Jones would win. I'm stunned. I'm genuinely thrilled about it. If the Reddest of the Red States can be redeemed, and by not a narrow margin, then so can all Red States. Then so can America.

Doug Jones won because Democrats got out the vote and Republicans and Independents voted for him. There may still be good out there in the reddest of the red.

I'm genuinely torn. Part of me is still enormously outraged that the RNC went back in for Moore, and that Charlie Baker said he'd keep fundraising for him. That's just.... the worst. I can't say enough how offensive that is.

But maybe a difference can be made from the inside still. Because once I say I'm out, I'm out. I won't go back.

One thing is for sure though. Today was a catastrophe for Donald Trump. He went in hard for Moore the last week, and exit polls showed that his support was a big reason voters were turning out for Moore. So now Moore's voters voted for a child molestor on the word of a historically unpopular President. That means that they sacrificed their integrity and morality and got nothing for it.

Democrats have to remind them of that. At every turn. The exposure of Moore _must_ continue. There must be a criminal investigation, if possible.

It also showed Republicans that Donald Trump is radioactive to voters. If a Democrat can win in Alabama, in a State Election, they can win anywhere. And I'll say it again. It is not the 2018 Senate Map or House map that matters. It's this map that matters.

The Democrats aren't just well positioned to win back positions of power, they are getting well positioned to set the terms of 2020 redistricting that takes effect in 2022.

And Donald Trump is helping them.

Lastly, this is is an ENORMOUS step forward for Impeachment. Not because I'm gonna say Doug Jones is automatically going to vote to impeach. But because now Senators and Congressmen have empirical evidence that Donald Trump's endorsement will not remotely ensure victory, and likely does the exact opposite.

Expect talk of outting Mueller to start dying down. Because Donald Trump as President has been revealed as an existential threat... to the Republican Party.

Oh and one more thing. Steve Bannon loses again. Get fucked Alt-Reich.

I wonder who would have been elected if state legislatures still chose Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    This one still exists at least:
    So we're agreed?

@Sulla never gets to say shit, ever again.

Sulla, performance artist, supported a Child Molester and serial sexual Predator for the US Senate.

Let's just all remember that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    I wonder who would have been elected if state legislatures still chose Senators.
    And I wonder who would have been elected President since 2000 if we had a national popular vote (spoilers: Gore, Obama, Clinton).

You don't get to like the Constitution when it benefits your side and lament parts of it when it goes against it.

The 17th Amendment is every bit as legitimate and written in stone as the First Amendment. Or, to the far right nut jobs out there, the Holy Second Amendment, the most important thing in their fucking lives

And for the record, I'm generally in favor of a 17th Amendment repeal as part of broader national constitutional reforms. But it's the law we have and the system we have.

'tis a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    So we're agreed?

@Sulla never gets to say shit, ever again.

Sulla, performance artist, supported a Child Molester and serial sexual Predator for the US Senate.

Let's just all remember that.
    He's a bigger disgrace to the name Sulla than Sulla was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    This one still exists at least:
    I guess he won't even be back. There's these too:

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Stop making it easy for us to place exactly who you hate in office. I've never been more encouraged.
    I bet if you keep putting forward an unfounded point over and over again you can magically win elections. Keep trying and let us know.
    It's not going to work. Try something else, I'm sure you'll all figure out another failing angle next week.
    No thanks, we'll just keep the Senate seat and summarily ignore your postured flailing about. As per usual.
    Roy Moore will be something for Democrats to point and scream at for a little while, but just like anything else they drum up for drama, no one will ultimately care. Ultimately, all they really care about is overturning the Congress, despite anything else they say. We're not going to reward them for the games they play.
    I so want to find out where he lives and turn up outside his house with a boom box blaring Sweet Home Alabama.

Here's some of his gems from recent days, for posterity:

He is a professional who is a victim of the left's media machine. I see nothing wrong there.
    The entire movement against him was partisan politics to begin with. Literally NO ONE would care about Moore's alleged past if they weren't interested in trying to snipe a Senate seat at the 11th hour because they can't win elections the old-fashioned way.
    Homophobia isn't a real thing. He's not racist and he's not a pedophile.

infracted - trolling
    All the lefties thinking that calling everyone a pedophile now has made me determined to keep him in the Senate. We should actually make him the new majority leader, ASAP.
    Boy he was a busy little beaver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Wow, someone busted a screencap in his ass.

Its true though all the democrats care about is keeping the poor happy so they win elections they don't care about people who actually try to better themselves or work for a living. and everytime they pass another law to give the poor more the poor work less and collect more benefits....
    On the same token it can be said that the Republicans in power care not for anyone who isn’t rich, and can’t contribute to their reelection campaigns. If they did they would pass job bills, find way to drop prices on medications, find way to bolster our healthcare and social safety nets rather than pass tax cuts that do nothing for the vast majority of Americans.

If your not disabled and your asking for handouts your worthless. but the democrats win whole elections off people like that.... The handout party at work.... "Give my my OBAMA PHONE"
    Really the party of hand outs? Have you seen the Republican tax bill? That is nothing but one big handout to those who do not need it. So ya can fuck off with that line of thought. Also the “Obama Phone” program, which is actually called SafeLink, started under the Republicans.

The reason the middle class is dying is under democrat rule there is no reason to be middle class when you can sit on your ass collecting handouts as a druggy/lazy slob....
    This is false and just silly. No one in the middle class is passing on a job or career to collect scraps. Wages have stagnated but prices have continued to climb. Those who control the wealth continue to accrue wealth at a rate and amount not seen since before the great depression.

You are really just uneducated Fox News potato arntcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Now you can say a lot of bad stuff about the real Sulla. Authoritarian strongman and the like, but there are some redeeming qualities for him: He wanted to conserve the old traditions and bring Rome back to its roots. So i see where the idea comes from, but it just doesn't fit the party of Trump. All this populist drivel, and of course after Sulla thought he was finished he lay down power and retired to the countryside. Can you imagine the Trumkins doing something like this?

For the shitshow that's currently going down i would argue that Catilina would be a much better name for him - a guy stirring up the masses by promising the plebs anything they like to hear, not from a genuine desire to help them, but as a strategy to grab power while seriously undermining everything the state stands for.

So as much as i despise (the original) Sulla, he was a better person than the Trumpkins.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the bloody hell are you on about here?

Sulla was a superb general who choose to retire from office despite the fact he could have done what Caesar or Augustus did, as in dictator for life or Princeps and who choose to strengthen the power of the Senate while limiting the power of generals before he retired. If anything Sulla should be applauded because the Roman republic would have fallen much earlier.

If you want to blame anyone for the insanity that ensured during that period blame Marius and thirst for power along with his reforms, which although saved Rome against the Cimbri also pushed the Republic to it's ruin. Although to be clear the Republic WAS already a ruin after the Gracchi brothers and their failed attempts at reform.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Its not about him winning its about the fact the Republicans weren't given a chance to replace him.... it was stick with him or hand the seat to the garbage party....

Would have been better had he won and been forced to resign... now untill john McCain finally drops dead (god willing soon) we won't be able to do anything to fix the mess that the democrats built.
    I love this line of thinking. "No guys, we don't want him, we just NEED him so we can use him for a bit and then put someone else there, but we're TOTALLY not pro pedophile in any way. Oh and those dirty dems." In the end you were still all for a pedophile winning and at any point you don't think that's not sick and twisted well then there's nothing else to be said to you. You're welcome though that the pedophile didn't win.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

I say this is a easy one Roy Moore for sure mostly because this is Alabama. I am almost never wrong about these things but if I am I'll eat a cowboy hat.
    Would you like any ketchup with that?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love this line of thinking. "No guys, we don't want him, we just NEED him so we can use him for a bit and then put someone else there, but we're TOTALLY not pro pedophile in any way. Oh and those dirty dems."

In the end you were still all for a pedophile winning and at any point you don't think that's not sick and twisted well then there's nothing else to be said to you. You're welcome though that the pedophile didn't win.
    Honestly the pedophilia shit shouldn't matter one damned bit in determining whether or not Roy Moore is qualified to be in the Senate, not because it doesn't matter ( because it does ), but rather because there's far bigger things at stake then that.

Roy Moore was removed as a judge TWICE because he refused to follow legal decisions from courts above his. Such a person should never be allowed to stand for office let alone win said office which he would have if not for the pedo accusations.

Remember that the Republicans on a national level ALL lined up to support Moore after he won the primary despite knowing full what kind of a radical religious nutjob he is, and I say this as a proud Christian.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Reading the last page, I almost felt sorry for Sulla since everyone is picking on him.

Then I remembered that he deserves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Reading the last page, I almost felt sorry for Sulla since everyone is picking on him.

I assume Sulla is an extreme right-winger? I haven't seen this thread at all before tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I assume Sulla is an extreme right-winger? I haven't seen this thread at all before tonight.
    It's not the right-winger part that's the problem, he's basically just completely lacking in ethics, morals and honesty. Which might be why Moore was right up his alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    He posts frequently in the politics forums. And yes, he is an extreme right-winger, though I doubt he would call himself that.

Garnier put it better than I did tbh (and just before I posted!)

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Not surprising really. I mean, who the hell idolizes Sulla anyway? The guy was an authoritarian strongman who set a precedent for Caesar and Augustus to establish their iron-fisted rule, but unlike them he didn't use his office to enact any high-minded reforms or modernization programs and instead just spent his days terrorizing rivals and enriching himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking users is against the rules still, no matter the context. Please be respectful to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Now you can say a lot of bad stuff about the real Sulla. Authoritarian strongman and the like, but there are some redeeming qualities for him: He wanted to conserve the old traditions and bring Rome back to its roots. So i see where the idea comes from, but it just doesn't fit the party of Trump. All this populist drivel, and of course after Sulla thought he was finished he lay down power and retired to the countryside. Can you imagine the Trumkins doing something like this?

For the shitshow that's currently going down i would argue that Catilina would be a much better name for him - a guy stirring up the masses by promising the plebs anything they like to hear, not from a genuine desire to help them, but as a strategy to grab power while seriously undermining everything the state stands for.

So as much as i despise (the original) Sulla, he was a better person than the Trumpkins.
    Oh I know he's not a good parallel to Sulla the poster, and that the history is complex. It was just an easy joke.

I've long suspected that the reason he chose that name is because Sulla was a champion for the overprivileged.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    What the bloody hell are you on about here?

Sulla was a superb general who choose to retire from office despite the fact he could have done what Caesar or Augustus did, as in dictator for life or Princeps and who choose to strengthen the power of the Senate while limiting the power of generals before he retired. If anything Sulla should be applauded because the Roman republic would have fallen much earlier.

If you want to blame anyone for the insanity that ensured during that period blame Marius and thirst for power along with his reforms, which although saved Rome against the Cimbri also pushed the Republic to it's ruin. Although to be clear the Republic WAS already a ruin after the Gracchi brothers and their failed attempts at reform.
    Let's not sugar coat things, Sulla was no Cincinnatus. He led an army across the pomerium and invaded the city, he proscribed his enemies, confiscated their ownings and pinned their heads to the rostrum. His reforms were intended to shore up the privileges of the Patricians at the expense of the Plebs. His reforms were largely scrapped after he stepped down, and his dream of restoring the Senate (ie the Patrician class) to its ancient supremacy was committed to the graveyard of bad ideas. Reform was ultimately inevitable, and more was to come.

I'm not saying he was responsible for everything that befell Rome or that it wasn't a complex situation. But he's hardly an admirable historical figure. Interesting, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Honestly the pedophilia shit shouldn't matter one damned bit in determining whether or not Roy Moore is qualified to be in the Senate, not because it doesn't matter ( because it does ), but rather because there's far bigger things at stake then that.

Roy Moore was removed as a judge TWICE because he refused to follow legal decisions from courts above his. Such a person should never be allowed to stand for office let alone win said office which he would have if not for the pedo accusations.

Remember that the Republicans on a national level ALL lined up to support Moore after he won the primary despite knowing full what kind of a radical religious nutjob he is, and I say this as a proud Christian.
    I can't imagine anywhere outside of Alabama where this guy could get elected dog-catcher (so to speak) even without the child molester reputation, but there you go apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Would you like any ketchup with that?
    Surely it's barbecue sauce with cowboy hats. Or ranch dressing?