Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because artifacts are result of them entering panic mode after WoDs "lack of content".
    I agree..... but I don't call just changing the max level of artifact as adding content.....

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure this means the AK will be going up and it will act as a progressive nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't get why blizzard wants us to constantly want more AP. What's so wrong with artifacts having a stopping point?
    We've got most of an entire year before the next expansion comes out. If artifact power is completely useless, that removes a primary reward for all world content.

Don't get me wrong, I totally disagree with this decision and think it's terrible, that the grind should end. But that's why they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Lol, your definition of normal must vary greatly from my own. Regardless, it doesnt matter. Trying to stack more and more power into some boring proc is of no concern to me. it will be amusing seeing non fury dps running around with 9-10m hp though.
    You'd mainly just want 75 for the 3rd relic, 3rd tier selection. Just play the game and you get it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We've got most of an entire year before the next expansion comes out. If artifact power is completely useless, that removes a primary reward for all world content.

Don't get me wrong, I totally disagree with this decision and think it's terrible, that the grind should end. But that's why they did it.
    I really hope that most players take this lesson from Legion: you don't have to to something if you don't want to.

I think overall it's good to have a power increase system that is endless even if you nolife the shit out of it. Just decide on your own goal and make it your ending point. For me it was getting 75 on my mains main spec weapon.

Lol, your definition of normal must vary greatly from my own. Regardless, it doesnt matter. Trying to stack more and more power into some boring proc is of no concern to me. it will be amusing seeing non fury dps running around with 9-10m hp though.
    Doing 3 invasions and some worldquests with your mission table is easy 60 billion a day with bad procs and that takes 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't get why blizzard wants us to constantly want more AP. What's so wrong with artifacts having a stopping point?
    Because people might, you know, stop. And stopping doesn't generate player time engagement metrics. Duh

That's just their way to gradually nerf current content, except you need to actually put in some effort for it.

I think it's better than just flat out nerf instances 5% every week

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    72 to 73 is 128 billion. I dont even bother anymore.
    Lolwut, I'm casual as fuck these days playing a new alt, I don't even do WQ's outside of Emissaries and have my 3rd Relic 3/3 In crucible.

Deleted
    Guys you gotta keep on grindin' those AP, there's a Quarterly report coming up soon, Blizzard needs to show great Montly Active Users numbers to investors.
    Let's add some new levels so instead of billions you can go up to Trillions and Quardrillions of AP.

Because you're worth the neverending grind. Keep on logging. Chase dat carrot boyz.

(or mostly because Blizz needs those investor numbers to look good - oh loook, players are sooo active in our games.. soo much of that good activity.. give us the dollah' bills now..)

72 to 73 is 128 billion. I dont even bother anymore.
    That's actually really fast with AK 55. You should at least "bother" until 75 so you get your last T3 crucible trait.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It would stop character progress and that is bad thing (from a players perspective).
    It really isn't. There's still the idiotic infinite gear treadmill. Being done is not the end of the world(if anything it's a good thing)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I agree..... but I don't call just changing the max level of artifact as adding content.....
    Its not adding content. Its adding illusion of content. In the end you still "have something to do". And thats one argument for blizzard to use.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Because WoW is an MMORPG, the only stopping point is the one you defined yourself. Game itself should be endless, endless grind is the staple of this genre.
    Except it hasn't been in WoW ever, until Legion where suddenly everything had to be endless. WoW has always had caps and lockouts, and it was a better game when it did.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Guys you gotta keep on grindin' those AP, there's a Quarterly report coming up soon, Blizzard needs to show great Montly Active Users numbers to investors.
    Let's add some new levels so instead of billions you can go up to Trillions and Quardrillions of AP.

Because you're worth the neverending grind. Keep on logging. Chase dat carrot boyz.

(or mostly because Blizz needs those investor numbers to look good - oh loook, players are sooo active in our games.. soo much of that good activity.. give us the dollah' bills now..)
    i love how people on forums love to speak for whole community - for every 1 single poster here there are dozens of thousands of "silent" players who play the game and enjoy the grinds.

if the model is clearly working why would they change it ? they are not idiots.

endless grinds work - simple as that.

Im tempted to guess that this is Blizzard trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except it hasn't been in WoW ever, until Legion where suddenly everything had to be endless. WoW has always had caps and lockouts, and it was a better game when it did.
    games evolve with time and with competition - every other succesful mmorpg has endless grinds model why wow shouldnt ?

just because few dinosaurs who should have stopped playing ages ago if they dont have fun in game whine ? screw them they are meaningless from buisness standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    games evolve with time and with competition - every other succesful mmorpg has endless grinds model why wow shouldnt ?

just because few dinosaurs who should have stopped playing ages ago if they dont have fun in game whine ? screw them they are meaningless from buisness standpoint.
    Yeah, other "succesful" MMOs have it, and yet the most succesful MMO of all time didn't, especially not during its best periods. The lack of infinite grinds was not what caused WoW to lose subscribers, MMOs are just a dying genre in general.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    128 billion is like 2 days of playing the game normally
    Pretty much dead on. If you clear the map of AP WQ's, do every table mission, raid, etc., you can go from 0-75 in a week pretty easily. Even if you're not interested in putting in tons of time, you can get from 69-72 in a couple of days and 72-75 in a week or less.

Now there isn't much point past 75 traits, but w/e. Some people just like grinding that number. I felt like I earned my break when I hit 75 for the sixth time, but I plan to resume AP farming sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Because WoW is an MMORPG, the only stopping point is the one you defined yourself. Game itself should be endless, endless grind is the staple of this genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i love how people on forums love to speak for whole community - for every 1 single poster here there are dozens of thousands of "silent" players who play the game and enjoy the grinds.

if the model is clearly working why would they change it ? they are not idiots.

endless grinds work - simple as that.
    Or rather give Blizzard the finger and cancel their sub until the next expansion comes out.

Endless grinds remove the feeling of achievement, which is extremely bad for the game. For people, who stop playing a character after it's "done", there are probably other characters to play, or other things to do beside numbers progress. I bet, you cannot hold them much longer if you change the game so they are never really done. There is a breaking point for everyone except the most addicted people out there.

When I get 3/3 relics on an artifact, I only will continue "progressing" it by adding better relics if I get some, or adding AP when I have nothing better to do. Or I just will tell myself "fuck it" and don't lift a finger anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, other "succesful" MMOs have it, and yet the most succesful MMO of all time didn't, especially not during its best periods. The lack of infinite grinds was not what caused WoW to lose subscribers, MMOs are just a dying genre in general.
    Exactly. Legion is an abomination in this regard. Together with unnecessary layers of RNG in gear which create insane item level bloat and call for just another stat squish, and fucking RNG legendary distribution.