Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Razer Ornata Chroma - experiences and thoughts?

So I ordered ROC this afternoon for around 100 euro price. It's the one with the wrist rest. It seems like a good keyboard to me, any thoughts?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Razer quality control is shit.
    Hmm, what does this mean in the context of this?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

That their products have a tendency to have issues because the quality control is shit. Add in that it's a membrane keyboard, not mechanical, and it's a pretty bad product. Especially at that price.
    I have never experienced the issues you have and I have used more Razer products than I can count. My main kb/mouse is over 2 years old now and still working as well as they did on day 1.

I will +1 the the membrane KB being shite, could had paid a few more dollars and got a real mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    So I ordered ROC this afternoon for around 100 euro price. It's the one with the wrist rest. It seems like a good keyboard to me, any thoughts?
    Ornata for 100 bugs are tomuch, i just bought it for 60 and i wouldnt spend more on it since its not a mechanical keyboard.
    Btw this keyboard is fucking loud i had to remove every key to press the metalpin flat within the keys so the click sound goes away.
    But the quality is good and the wristrest is nice and very soft, a K55 Corsair is maybe better.

Your anecdotal evidence doesn't really prove anything other than you got lucky. Razer products are notorious for breaking inside the first year.
    Well considering I was stating an observation based on 7+ years of my own personal usage and not actually trying to "prove" or show "evidence" of anything beyond how they have held up for me personally... um.. cool story bro? ... guess you got to work on that post count some how.

Had one for most a year and like it.

Don't know much about that particular Razer product, but I've always had great experience withe products I've had. And the only one I've ever had die on me was a headset I had for 5 years or more. I know people have had issues with them, but that is just about any peripheral producer. I've owned easily 6 mice, 3 keyboards, 2 headsets from them and had only one issue. The only reason for so many is I either upgraded, changed mouse style, or because my ex-wife got one of the products. This is all anecdote, but that is my experience.

Most of the companies have a bad rep outside maybe steel series. Take Logitech renowed for the mics shitting out on their headsets or the plastic breaking, Razer has cord issues, etc. Most of these companies are just mass producing stuff it is always a crap shoot that you might get a garbage product. So far I've been lucky and so have a lot of people I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your anecdotal evidence doesn't really prove anything other than you got lucky. Razer products are notorious for breaking inside the first year.
    The Razer products notoriety is just a holdover urban legend from like 5 years ago. Current Gen Razer products are not different than other shit on the market.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. There is a marked difference in the quality of their products post-2014.
    Demonstrate it without using anecdotal evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Disassemble any of their products and be amazed at the low quality construction and parts.
    You've done nothing to prove you point and seem unwilling or unable to do so. I'd say it can be safely assumed that you're full of shit.

Once again, Razer products are no worse than anything else on the market and the QC "problems" are a popular urban legend.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Demonstrate it without using anecdotal evidence.
    Storys from my guild m8s are enough, they buy every year a new naga and everytime its broke on a different way, last extrem was that the left mouse button broke into two i never heard something like that tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Storys from my guild m8s are enough, they buy every year a new naga and everytime its broke on a different way, last extrem was that the left mouse button broke into two i never heard something like that tbh.
    You can't break a mouse button in two without seriously abusing your peripherals. I mean think about it, it's physically impossible under regular circumstances of mouse use.

It's like saying your headset is cheap and fragile because you broke the arm by accidentally stepping on it.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-12-12 at 10:43 PM.

You can't break a mouse button in two without seriously abusing your peripherals. I mean think about it, it's physically impossible under regular circumstances of mouse use.

It's like saying your headset is cheap and fragile because you broke the arm by accidentally stepping on it.
    I know but it still happend and the mouse abuse times of my friend are long over like 15 years.

Ya i'm with you on this one. I run a design/engineering department for a company, and design a lot of plastic components and products, and i'm looking at my naga (3yrs old) mouse right now as i type this (on my razer 3yr old keyboard, ANECDOTAL YAY), and there's no way that a normal usage force could be applied to this mouse causing the LMB to break in two. There isn't enough moment applied to it in anyway to cause that. maybe if someone put their finger under it and pulled upward you could break it.

ALSO their products come with 2 year warranties I believe (i know my blackwidow and naga have it). counting the insane useage I put my razer products through both at home and at work (oh ya, i use their cheapest mouse and keyboard at work 50hrs a week, for 4 years), I'd say they hold up damn well.

My quick math says i have at least 5000 hrs (that's me assuming 5hrs of use a day for 3years) of use on my home naga mouse and blackwidow keyboard, and over 10,000hrs of use on my cheapo razer mouse and keyboard at work, I'm going to say i've pretty thoroughly tested razer products and they've had zero issues. anecdotal sure, but at least i have long term use data.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Ornata for 100 bugs are tomuch, i just bought it for 60 and i wouldnt spend more on it since its not a mechanical keyboard.
    Btw this keyboard is fucking loud i had to remove every key to press the metalpin flat within the keys so the click sound goes away.
    But the quality is good and the wristrest is nice and very soft, a K55 Corsair is maybe better.
    Given that the ENTIRE POINT of the Ornata was to have the tactile bump and clicking noises... why the hell did you even buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Given that the ENTIRE POINT of the Ornata was to have the tactile bump and clicking noises... why the hell did you even buy it?
    Old keyboard was broken and needed a new one.

If you say so. I've seen the terrible construction on things like the scroll wheel(the flimsy piece of aluminum that causes faults in 90% of their mice) and the quality of their proprietary switches to know that Razer is coasting on their name at this point instead of putting out quality products. You can believe whatever you like though.

- - - Updated - - -

And so you bought an overpriced membrane keyboard that was designed to be as noisy as possible? Weird choice...
    Is 59€ tomuch for a Led keyboard with a nice wristrest and good build quality ?
    The K55 cost the same and the G213 80€ ok atm 37€ if they were on offer i would choose that one but i like the half-size keycabs on the Ornata.

Deleted
    Why did you go for a keyboard if you are gaming? If its just for productivity then any keyboard will do and get a separate wrist rest.

The tartarus/orbweaver are much better devices for this since, I laugh at people who claim they are big gamers but don't get a device thats actually designed from the ground up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Why did you go for a keyboard if you are gaming? If its just for productivity then any keyboard will do and get a separate wrist rest.

The tartarus/orbweaver are much better devices for this since, I laugh at people who claim they are big gamers but don't get a device thats actually designed from the ground up for it.
    Because this small gaming keyboards are fucking small and if you got big hands, most of them are very uncomfortabel.

Yeah, your evidence is not anecdotal at all.