Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Tier sets aren't tied to class-specific spell effects. Not sure where you're getting that from.
    I think it's about Tier sets being generally styled for Draenei or Silver Hand Paladins, not anything to do with Spell effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Tier sets aren't tied to class-specific spell effects. Not sure where you're getting that from.
    I mean that going forward tier sets will be styled after the raid and not after the class.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dude that would be a cool idea. A shame it won't happen. But.... think about it. It would make sense, no? You would just be replacing one type of magic for the other. Same set of spells, just... different way of perceiving it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is already at odds with the philosophy of the Void. The whole faith thing doesn't work for it.

You're also completely missing the point about DKs. It's not about their power source.
    Ancient Azeroth was filled with temples and cults dedicated to the Old Gods and the Void by extension. It is as monastic as Light tends to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    He did. Void fits a paladin every bit as neatly as lightforging fits the zombies.
    I must disagree, brother. I must admit, I have doubts whether you read it too. Paladin is used lightly there, as blueprint for a class of fighting cleric class dedicated to the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Ancient Azeroth was filled with temples and cults dedicated to the Old Gods and the Void by extension. It is as monastic as Light tends to be.
    Worship != faith.

Deleted
    Worship != faith.
    Yes, you can worship without faith, but it only works for the cynical vulgarians. Twilight Hammer and associates are true believers. Faithful servants. Worship understood literally, in its pure definition can't exist without faith.
    Last edited by mmocbf7d4bd671; 2017-12-12 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted

I must disagree, brother. I must admit, I have doubts whether you read it too. Paladin is used lightly there, as blueprint for a class of fighting cleric class dedicated to the Void.
    As long as they don't call it "paladin". Comes palatinus comes from a very specific legendarium, as opposed to the much more generic priest.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think paladins make a whole lot sense when they are VOID elves.. doesnt matter how you bend it realy..
    I see the appeal, but I am glad they did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, technically we already have Death Knights who fill the niche of the Antipaladin (which can be found in D&D, but also as the polar opposite of the Paladin hero in WarCraft III).

A Void Paladin could possibly be created, but is not that interesting compared to a DK.
    Exactly. Not opposed to a void related class maybe but slapping shadow animations on the paladin class and calling it a day? No thanks. With us already having dks I'd rather not have a void class be a plate wearing melee class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    As long as they don't call it "paladin". Comes palatinus comes from a very specific legendarium, as opposed to the much more generic priest.
    Blood Knights and Sunwalkers are not Paladins, yet they share its label. Brother, yes, and they are nothing more than brave knights. Warcraft universe following other fantasy settings turned them into monastic group. If we were to follow tradition of 'comes palatinus' then warriors should be paladins more than actual paladins.
    Last edited by mmocbf7d4bd671; 2017-12-12 at 05:55 PM.

Blood Knights and Sunwalkers are not Paladins, yet they share its label. Brother, yes, and they are nothing more than brave knights. Warcraft universe following other fantasy settings turned them into monastic group. If we were to follow tradition of 'comes palatinus' then warriors should be paladins more than actual paladins.
    Blood knights are NOW though they weren't in bc. Su walkers in legion feel like they lost any distinction imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Blood knights are NOW though they weren't in bc. Su walkers in legion feel like they lost any distinction imo.
    They were not, for a long time. And still they don't follow human teachings, neither do Draenei. Sunwalkers only require more written lore as that is all that there is to set groups apart.

you can't really use any 'element' for any class no matter how well you reskin it, for instance rogues would look ridiculous in any fire/earth/holy theme

there is a shadowy counterpart to paladin and that is the death knight, ofc it's not a mirror but all that buffs and heals cannot really be justified for a void themed class, since when has the void gotten so selfless?

Yes, you can worship without faith, but it only works for the cynical vulgarians. Twilight Hammer and associates are true believers. Faithful servants. Worship understood literally, in its pure definition can't exist without faith.
    Read up on what the Light and Void are. A True Believer is inherently Light aligned. It's not what they believe in. It's the belief itself that makes it so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    you can't really use any 'element' for any class no matter how well you reskin it, for instance rogues would look ridiculous in any fire/earth/holy theme

there is a shadowy counterpart to paladin and that is the death knight, ofc it's not a mirror but all that buffs and heals cannot really be justified for a void themed class, since when has the void gotten so selfless?
    It is true, not every class would work well with the current set of animations. For rogue to use fire he would need more or less a new moveset. But the very abilities can be kept
    Read up on what the Light and Void are. A True Believer is inherently Light aligned. It's not what they believe in. It's the belief itself that makes it so.
    Brother, I must disagree. Both sides have true believers.

Death Knights haven't really been a Paladin mirror since Wrath.

It's not hard to imagine Void Elf Paladins being a thing, considering the class has a long history of balancing between light and shadow, good and evil, etc. The Ashbringer itself is rumored to have been forged from the heart of a Void-turned Naaru. The concept of some Blood Elf Paladins attempting to harness the Void for good and struggling to continue being Paladins after their corruption would work really well with the Shadow/Light thing Alleria and Turalyon have going on. And scaled up, it could make for some great lore moments between the Lightforged and the new Void Elves. It would certainly play into the next expansion and help ground the two new races into the game better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Going forward there won't be any tier sets
    Yeah. That’s what I meant. Tier sets will be replaced with an art style for plate, Mail, leather and cloth themed around the raid not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But the flavour of the class is the DIRECT opposite of the void. It would make as much sense as forsaken being lightforged, or draenei being warlocks.
    Honestly, given that Blood Elf paladins use Blood instead of the Light specifically, and that they had Dark Shaman who bent the elements to their will rather than communed with them (admittedly those were mobs we killed, but still .... ), there is a precedent for having a "class" use the "opposite" means of controlling the same powers and abilities.

Personally, I could see how they would have a void-based system that effectively had the same outcome of effect while using an opposing "force". Think of it as, instead of a typical Paladin using an elevator-system to push upward to lift a weight, the void is using a pulley system to pull down to lift that same weight. Same effect, opposite method of interaction.

I kinda hope they let them be Paladins if only because I think it could make for really cool aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    If they wont change Zandalari druid forms to fit them more. You sure as hell aint getting purple paladins
    hordes get 2 druid extra druid races so we better see something of equal value, even though thats near impossible because you (the horde) also get nightborne. the LEAST blizzard can do is give void elves the purple paladin

Brother, I must disagree. Both sides have true believers.
    Disagree all you want, doesn't change things. Reality isn't beholden to your opinion.