Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, it does have to do with xenophobia. How many times have we heard on these very threads from Swedes saying how much they despise immigrants, and want them gone. Hell, we have a couple posters outright admitting their racism, and being proud of it.
    People posting on mmo-champion aren't particularly representative of Swedens population as a whole...

The government was friendly to refugees and immigrants, causing a great deal of turmoil among the populace. That's why the anti-immigration party gained in popularity since 2014.
    In a way - but you forgot to mention that it was the most refugee-/immigration friendly country of all in the west, and that the turmoil didn't come from refugees coming here as such, but from economical repercussions (and partially others, such as crime statistics). Matters that always cause turmoil, whatever the cause. An increase in anti-immigration policies is normal, when it is abundantly clear that society can not take such strains any longer, which not least the housing market and the welfare system/hospital care system clearly demonstrated. That is logical, not xenophobic, and the decision to do basically whatever it took to take less refugees in the near future was entirely in the hands of the left wing government.

Quote Originally Posted by Aya L View Post
    People posting on mmo-champion aren't particularly representative of Swedens population as a whole...
    I didn't say they were, but that's why I pointed out the growing popularity of the anti-immigration party over the past three years.

Deleted
    I didn't say they were, but that's why I pointed out the growing popularity of the anti-immigration party over the past three years.
    The growing popularity has very little to do with xenophobia or racism.

Deleted
    3 pages in n Putin hasn't been blamed cuz Russia just won in Syria n defeated isis. Russophobes loosing their touch?

With the war in Syria n Iraq over, EU can now send back the economic migrants. If u keep them n they continue to blow u up, that's on u for electing pro-immigrant politicians (france).

Quote Originally Posted by Aya L View Post
    The growing popularity has very little to do with xenophobia or racism.
    Anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and anti-refugee feelings are linked to xenophobia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    In a way - but you forgot to mention that it was the most refugee-/immigration friendly country of all in the west, and that the turmoil didn't come from refugees coming here as such, but from economical repercussions (and partially others, such as crime statistics). Matters that always cause turmoil, whatever the cause. An increase in anti-immigration policies is normal, when it is abundantly clear that society can not take such strains any longer, which not least the housing market and the welfare system/hospital care system clearly demonstrated. That is logical, not xenophobic, and the decision to do basically whatever it took to take less refugees in the near future was entirely in the hands of the left wing government.
    Very well, I will amend what I said.

They have long been a very homogeneous society that is now turning more and more xenophobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Let the slaughter commence!

Deleted
    Anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and anti-refugee feelings are linked to xenophobia.

- - - Updated - - -

Very well, I will amend what I said.

They have long been a very homogeneous society that is now turning more and more xenophobic.
    Growth isn't a result of immigrants from Buddhist countries. If muslims hadn't been around with their "enrichment", nationalism wouldn't be a factor 2017.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Yawn ... ISIS terrorist threats again ...

They had their chance to frighten us, they failed.
    How did they fail?

Have you seen the Christmas Markets in all of europe?

There are literally stone walls around them and metal detectors LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for some extra doses of cultural enrichment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Growth isn't a result of immigrants from Buddhist countries. If muslims hadn't been around with their "enrichment", nationalism wouldn't be a factor 2017.
    Once again, that makes nationalism a major threat to freedom. Of course, you being an authoritarian... I don't expect you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    How did they fail?

Have you seen the Christmas Markets in all of europe?

There are literally stone walls around them and metal detectors LOL
    Nothing wrong in trying to keep the people safe from those idiots, or should they risk it and do nothing? Just because they try to keep them safe does not mean the people are scared, if anything each time they do attacks it bring the people closer so they do fail in what they try to do, sure people are perhaps scared for a day after attacks then everything is back to normal again except for the victims of course.

So yeah they do fail big time.

And each time they do attacks our security and intelligence etc get better so its all good, tons of planned attacks gets stopped all the time.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-12-13 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    That's just so laughably false I'm surprised you could type that without spitting all over whatever device you used to type it ruining the electronics.

Nationalists/Isolationist movements have always had something to screech about and 99% of the time It's them being paranoid/afraid of change shits more than it is an actual problem with proposed solutions, like the idiotic border wall, ranging on the 100% useless mental baby blanket side of things to out right making the problem worse.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Anti-immigrant, indeed. Anti-refugee? No. Anti-muslim? About as much as anti-communists or anti-fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Anti-immigrant, indeed. Anti-refugee? No. Anti-muslim? About as much as anti-communists or anti-fascists.
    Are you really going to try and equate the average Muslim to the average fascist?

Yup, that helps to prove my point for me, thanks.

Are you really going to try and equate the average Muslim to the average fascist?

Yup, that helps to prove my point for me, thanks.
    I didn't equate them. They are fundamentally incompatible with the society I want, as are communists and fascists. Xenophobia has nothing to do with opposing something because it's in conflict with your values.

You had no point in the first place beyond "freedom", which is your usual shtick of extremism.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-12-13 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I didn't equate them. They are fundamentally incompatible with the society I want, as are communists and fascists. Xenophobia has nothing to do with opposing something because it's in conflict with your values.

You had no point in the first place beyond "freedom", which is your usual shtick of extremism.
    The issue is that you are lumping all Muslims together, which is the main sticking point. Are all Muslims part of a culture that you don't like, and want to prevent?

My point is freedom, and I am a huge fan of it. I oppose authoritarians, and I don't much care what type. I find nationalists and xenophobes to be no different than radical Islamists. They all want to use violence to force their culture onto me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    True, but they aren’t alone either

Source?

Because that looks like it's been made up on the spot

The issue is that you are lumping all Muslims together, which is the main sticking point.
    #NotAllFascists #NotAllCommunists #NotAllNazis? It doesn't matter what some small minority thinks when the majority are incompatible.

Maybe you guys will scare them away with diplomacy. We the the states will be watching for the vastly superior culture of Europe to handle this peaceful and without bloodshed. Because you guys are better. We need a good example to follow.