Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    "prestige" "archaeology" LOL
    Uh, the archaeology one is harder to get than the Black Qiraji Battle Tank was in WoTLK, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    From what's been seen on the PTR, it looks like the new qiraji battle tank mounts are simply drops from new rare mobs of the same appearance in Silithus.

Keep the originals as they are.
    Sadly, the new ones, the red and blue are only usable during Call of the Scarab (gj Blizzard) and the new black one appears to only be granted to already existing Scarab Lords, so I guess players that want their new Qiraji mount are shit out of luck until they find out a way to make a time machine.

Fun, Blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uh, the archaeology one is harder to get than the Black Qiraji Battle Tank was in WoTLK, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, the new ones, the red and blue are only usable during Call of the Scarab (gj Blizzard) and the new black one appears to only be granted to already existing Scarab Lords, so I guess players that want their new Qiraji mount are shit out of luck until they find out a way to make a time machine.

Fun, Blizzard.
    lmaooo ya ok, sure it was
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Yeah, it was. In WoTLK, the entire questline was practically cheesed on new servers that launched with the gates still closed. The content you had to do back then to get Scarab Lord was trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone didn't know about the gates being easy to open on new servers when they launched

People saying the Archaeology Tank is hard to get are goofy. This is coming from someone who has it. Archaeology itself is just a chore - there's no real skill or effort involved. Just time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    People saying the Archaeology Tank is hard to get are goofy. This is coming from someone who has it. Archaeology itself is just a chore - there's no real skill or effort involved. Just time.
    It isn't hard, it's just mind and soul-killing, but it's harder than the gates were to open in WoTLK.

Almost nothing requires actual skill in MMOs, it's all just effort and time spent. So that isn't a meaningful thing to say.

The arch tank takes an extreme amount of time these days. I got mine back when you could instantly reset arch spots by flying over the zone boundary with the MoP mantid item and it still took me around 20 hours.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    no.
    it takes the prestige from the black and archeology one. ( I have neither, but I have all the AQ ones)
    Prestige can go fudge itself - the bug mounts are cute and should be usable in the open world!

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not. I really could care less if people got to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    To the contrary, the first thing Blizzard should give a shit about is providing what's left of their players with reasons to spend their time doing frequently very mundane and unappealing content (it's just grind). They should be very careful with these things, because if they devalue effort, they will just lose it very quick. This game cannot sustain itself on gameplay, the gameplay is nothing terribly interesting.

The mounts are best left as they are, with no changes. Because if they change it, why the hell do other grindy achievements? Better to wait until they change them to be less grindy as well.
    What are you talking about? The black qiraji mount can't be obtained anymore anyway, and obtaining the AQ ones aren't difficult; they drop like candy. I got them all in a matter of a day or two just soloing the trash before Skeram back in WotLK. The archaeology mount is just luck. You can get it on your first tol'vir solve.

As a mount collector I like the prospect of being able to use my mounts, not just have them sit as some abstract number on the statistics panel. While it's a bum deal that the blue AQ mount and the archaeology mount are exactly the same (though I imagine changing that wouldn't be much work) they've done that thing before anyway, (see, savage raptor and red primal raptor) and, strangely enough, being able to use MORE of your mounts is MORE of an incentive to collect mounts than not being able to use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Someone didn't know about the gates being easy to open on new servers when they launched
    Having done the entire AQ quest chain was more of a time investment (especially collecting those elementium ingots) than farming the tol'vir bug mount was.

I know. I did both.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    no.
    it takes the prestige from the black and archeology one. ( I have neither, but I have all the AQ ones)
    What prestige, maybe the black has alittle for the whole 1 account with it that still active, but who even pays attention to people on the blue? I have the damn thing and never touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    To the contrary, the first thing Blizzard should give a shit about is providing what's left of their players with reasons to spend their time doing frequently very mundane and unappealing content (it's just grind). They should be very careful with these things, because if they devalue effort, they will just lose it very quick. This game cannot sustain itself on gameplay, the gameplay is nothing terribly interesting.

The mounts are best left as they are, with no changes. Because if they change it, why the hell do other grindy achievements? Better to wait until they change them to be less grindy as well.
    Really? What players are grinding out achievements here? Ain't nobody getting Scarab Lord. Archaeology can still drop its version sure, but compare that to the grindiness potential and encouragement of hunting the various colors including the red one (it goes faster) from the raid? Tons more encouragement there for consumption of old content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Oh I did. But still, nope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    thank you /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it was. In WoTLK, the entire questline was practically cheesed on new servers that launched with the gates still closed. The content you had to do back then to get Scarab Lord was trivial.
    I played since TBC, stop acting like this was as common as you're trying to make it, and stop making a fool out of yourself saying this dumb nonsense
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

[QUOTE=Azkial;48348468*I played since TBC, stop acting like this was as common as you're trying to make it, and stop making a fool out of yourself saying this dumb nonsense[/QUOTE]
    Dude, I am right. In terms of effort and difficulty, even doing some mindnumbing archaeology and relying on RNG is far harder than doing 2 expansions outdated content on a new server. Get out of here, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Having done the entire AQ quest chain was more of a time investment (especially collecting those elementium ingots) than farming the tol'vir bug mount was.

I know. I did both.
    Yeah, maybe if you got it your first Tol'vir solve. Remember that Tol'vir digsites were less plentiful than any other, and for most people, the Scepter of Azj'Aqir could take over 100 projects to proc.

Contrast this with a quest chain where you knew what to do, for how long to do it and that could pretty much be cheesed by that point.

There's nothing prestigious about being a WoTLK Scarab Lord. That's why it surprises me to this day that Blizzard allowed those people to keep the mount and title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be ok. I realize some want to use them not for prestige but because they think they fit their transmog or look pretty. So be it. Case in point the very non-prestigious blue archaeology bug did not take much away from the "stop and gaze"-effect of the black one.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, really. You have two (or more?) that you can obtain and use outside.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes and I hope the updated models will be usable in the open world too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I think it would be ok. I realize some want to use them not for prestige but because they think they fit their transmog or look pretty. So be it. Case in point the very non-prestigious blue archaeology bug did not take much away from the "stop and gaze"-effect of the black one.
    I'm a mount collector and use the blue tank over all other ground mounts because it took me ages to farm it. I give prestige to things that take effort to get. Hard doesn't have to mean difficult gameplay. If you got very lucky and got your scepter after 2 solves then that's fine, maybe you don't consider it rare. I hardly see any about, though.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, maybe if you got it your first Tol'vir solve. Remember that Tol'vir digsites were less plentiful than any other, and for most people, the Scepter of Azj'Aqir could take over 100 projects to proc.
    So you flew around uldum for a bit. Boo-hoo. I didn't get it on my first solve, but it wasn't some vast time commitment.

Contrast this with a quest chain where you knew what to do, for how long to do it and that could pretty much be cheesed by that point.
    I get the very distinct impression that you didn't do the quest chain. Again. I did.

So in case you didn't, lemme clue you in:

Unless you were going to shell out several thousand gold for the elementium ingots (which by and large weren't being farmed because transmog didn't exist,) and because you could realistically only get one or two a week (they were buggy and sometimes unlootable to boot) to get the ten you needed, you were probably farming BWL for a long time. And by god would I much rather farm Tol'vir artifact fragments than have to solo razorgore (extremely buggy,) corpse run back because you couldn't NOT die on vaelstrasz (because of the debuff) and then run through the damn suppression room and then do ALL OF THAT for the next four weeks, IF you were lucky enough to get the ingots to drop.

Oh and then on TOP of that you had to grind up rep with the bronze dragons, which required you to collect an ignominiously vast number of silithid husk fragments (I'm talking thousands,) as well as embark on a very long quest chain requiring numerous portions in which you farm %drops off of mobs in far flung corners of azeroth (before old world flying was a thing, remember?)

All of that was way more effort and initiative than bumming around Uldum for a few hours.

There's nothing prestigious about being a WoTLK Scarab Lord. That's why it surprises me to this day that Blizzard allowed those people to keep the mount and title.
    And how many wotlk scarab lords are still floating around? Very, VERY few. I honestly have no idea why this is factoring into your argument, which itself is pointless because mount collectors want to collect mounts to use, not just to have sitting as an arbitrary number.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It isn't hard, it's just mind and soul-killing, but it's harder than the gates were to open in WoTLK.
    I spent more time getting the shriveled monkey paw of a pet. Hell, I nearly have 20 of every solve in Pandaria and I still haven't managed to find Zin'rokh, via trading Solves for Troll Fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Almost nothing requires actual skill in MMOs, it's all just effort and time spent. So that isn't a meaningful thing to say.

The arch tank takes an extreme amount of time these days. I got mine back when you could instantly reset arch spots by flying over the zone boundary with the MoP mantid item and it still took me around 20 hours.
    And I did it in Cataclysm. I really don't recall how long it took me.