Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I often forget we still even have them. The only ones I use once in a while is the blood elf's Arcane Torrent if I need an emergency interrupt or silence and the humans' fear canceling ability (Every Man For Himself I think it was called?). I think those are the only 2 useful ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You gotta blacklist IoC and AV brotato
    Fun fact: not everyone plays on US servers.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why racials have pretty much been nerfed into near-insignificance is balance. Balance between factions and balance between races. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    For the same reason that professions are basically useless. It's so people go with what they like, rather than whats more powerful. It would be nice if blizzard got a small team together to work on balancing stuff like this.
    Yea, since professions stopped giving stats/etc (skinning crit stat way back whenever that was), I don't think I have done professions since. They are useless.

Escape artist owns on a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Fun fact: not everyone plays on US servers.
    Fun fact: other regions are listed on that site :O
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed my DK from Goblin to Blood Elf purely because AT is so ridiculous this expansion. I don't think racials are underpowered at all.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

A bit off topic first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Fun fact: other regions are listed on that site :O
    Fun fact: I think the info on that site is highly inaccurate.

Like the first picture you linked, Eye of the storm: 3% and 3% for both sides?
    I also decided to check the stats for EU on that site.

A perfect 50/50 across the board? I highly doubt that is correct.

Also the stats here is really odd at places: http://wow-stats.com/bgwr03.html

Like Italy's win ratio on eye of the storm: 94% for both alliance and horde.... (so 188% in total)
    Or USA's eye of the storm: 1% on both sides...
    Or many of Russia's stats: AV, 71% for horde and 73% alliance. IoQ, 41% horde and 81% alliance.

Back on topic.

I don't really think about the racials to be honest. They are there to give some uniqueness to the races and there will be some that are better then the other.
    Like all my alliance characters are dwarfs, well besides the druid (night elf, don't like Worgen) and the demon hunter for obvious reasons.
    Reason for that is that I like the dwarf race, not because of racials.

On horde side it is rather mixed, Tauren shaman (made in classic, enhancement with two-hander!) and druid. Troll warrior, hunter and mage. Blood elf paladin (created when only BE could be paladin) and demon hunter. Undead rogue, warlock and priest and panda monk.

Most of them picked depending on what I would feel cool/fitting/fun for the class.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    A bit off topic first.

Fun fact: I think the info on that site is highly inaccurate.
    Fun fact: when I have political debates every source is fake news, one guy told me you can't trust the CDC for disease statistics, another told me you can't trust the FBI for crime statistics though I do agree with you when I saw the 50/50 I was like -_- but I have no reason not to trust them simply because I don't understand the graph. Maybe I'll email them and ask.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Never have i seen something as useless as this
    Gonna Explain to you why
    Give or take for example, the Troll regen ability, it is whatlike FIFTEEN HP PER SECOND?! Thats not even going to help when fighting something Level 80
    You then have Things like flat 1%'s
    Up there I understand that you cant have racials that are too powerful because that would break game Balance but come on

Never ever would I think that having 10% reduction to shadow damage would make one class more or less viable
    Gonna see at the goblin rocket barrage for example. It deals like 2K damage at Level 110? What is that? All classes can use it, buffing it wouldnt do anything
    Lets then talk about a races that have overpowered racials. HIgh mountain tauren and Humans. Human With their pvp trinket. Compare that to Escape artist
    You probably laughing now because Escape artist sucks ass. And high mountain tauren gets ONE PERCENT VERSATILITY. Thats 1% better at EVERYTHING
    Down road you will see that Highmountain tauren will be 1% better than every other race.

Crap aside though, It would really be Nice to have some more significant bonuses for racials. I mean every alliance pvp'er is pretty much a human thanks to their racial so I dont understand what would be as so bad giving goblins a 50% reduced auction house cut, giving lightforged more than ONE PERCENT OF RESITANCE TO HOLY DAMAGE, TELL ME WHAT CLASSES ASIDE FROM PRIEST AND PALADINS USE HOLY DAMAGE!!??!??! The Pandaren Food buff that doubles the benefits, now THATS a real racial. Not the 1% Garbage or the 1% regenerate hp or the horrible undead leech or the 1% bonus Resource pool that gnomes get. Blizzard pls
    Most food buffs don't even give 1%, at least it took a while in legion to get food that was actually worth using. For the longest time you could actually do less dmg if you ate food just because of dmg number variation could make a bigger difference than the food buff itself.

1% versatility is not 1% better than every other races. Why? Because other races get bonuses as well, you are straight up comparing 1% versatility versus NO RACIALS AT ALL, you make no sense. Some classes get more out of 1% crit than from 1% vers.

But I do agree that most racials are either OP or shit and basically not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Because if they were good, then people would feel forced to consider power over visuals.
    They already do. Why are people pretending otherwise?

Horde racials are flat out superior to Alliance ones, this has been the case for a long time and there's zero inclination to change that from the devs. The vast majority of Mythic raiding guilds are Horde. The majority of high ranked PvPers are Horde.

If anything, racials are too strong currently. I don't understand this thread at all. So clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Or 'cause Arcane Torrent. AOE Interrupt and 3sec Silence + Ressource gain.
    this, I only play Bloodelf because turns out AOE Silencing a big pull in m+ is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Horde racials are flat out superior to Alliance ones
    Have a look at Arena boards to see how Alliance racials are "inferior". This is straight up delusion.

this has been the case for a long time and there's zero inclination to change that from the devs.
    ROFLMAO. I have no other words.

The vast majority of Mythic raiding guilds are Horde.
    Of course, who wants to play with a bunch of kids in PVE? Unless we're talking about a specific tier (e.g. ToT in Pandaria)

The majority of high ranked PvPers are Horde.
    Completely false, as e.g. arenajunkies clearly shows.

If anything, racials are too strong currently. I don't understand this thread at all. So clueless.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Tomana; 2017-12-14 at 07:43 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I think racials should be removed or disabled in pvp so people can play which ever race they aesthetically prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I think racials should be removed or disabled in pvp so people can play which ever race they aesthetically prefer.
    In ranked..maybe, but for god sake, can we keep some racial gameplay in the game? (even in PvP)

Racials just need to go away all together they were a thing of the past and made people play races they did not want to especially ones like emfh.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Racials just need to go away all together they were a thing of the past and made people play races they did not want to especially ones like emfh.
    Isn't this sad? That because current nature of gamers is min maxing to the limits, that game design has to suffer? As useless as it is, I just love that I can eat corpses as Undead or stomping with massive hoofs as Tauren.. This is fantasy, that for some reason, many players can't enjoy anymore. What they see are just numbers and how they can exploit it but enjoying the fantasy of playing undead? Naah.. "it is overrated" .

escape artist is absolute monstrous in pvp as a warrior.

for everyone else, its fucking terrible.

arcane torrent on the other hand? hoooly shit talk about an OP racial.

Some of them are just fucking laughable though, like the draenei or undead ones.

Shadowmeld is amazing. I use it all the time. Want to run past a crapton of mobs; do it, then shadowmeld. Want to interrupt a ranged caster from attacking you in PVP; shadowmeld before the finish. Want to shirk a non-boss mechanic in a raid; wait for them to target you, then shadowmeld. Want to reset any encounter; shadowmeld then rez your allies. That junk is life saving and an amazing mechanic. Nothing else compares.

i was honestly excited when i heard they were going to be removing racials. i had thought it was blizzard that had said it, but i guess not.... since they only got reworked a little bit.